The Duchess of Sussex's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It does indeed look messy. The colours of the top and pants don’t match and the coat doesn’t suit either. Quite disappointing!

I don’t think Meghan has a new wedding band. She’s just started wearing her engagement ring again recently after months of absence as it needed fixing.

I'm a bit startled by today's Meghan outfit... It's a pyjama or something similar? The fabric is simply weird, the colour is bland and doesn't suit her. So it's a big NO from me.

I think if it were pants and not a long skirt I would like it better. The material looks casual but seems off for a long skirt and I agree the color is a bit bland.

Just looks sloppy. There is nothing redeeming about it. So many things she could have worn instead.

I have to say I’m not a great fan of this outfit. A well-fitted pants and top in a nice colour, vivid blues or yellow perhaps, would have looked so much better. I don’t care for the neutral colours Meghan prefers as I’m a colour sort of gal, but this washed out pink doesn’t flatter her lovely skin tones at all.

I like the blouse but not the matching skirt. The colour is okay too but a contrasting trouser would have worked better.

I don't understand why she's so fond of loose, baggy, over-long clothes.
And always in these sad shades of beige. She made such a big deal about how she didn’t feel she could wear bright colors in the royal family in her documentary that it seems strange she never chooses to wear them now. Something in a nice jewel tone that fits her rather than being oversized would be refreshing.

I don’t like this outfit at all. She was so chic when she lived in UK. I know her role is different now and she may have less resources but still. I think she just doesn’t want to look elegant anymore.

And always in these sad shades of beige. She made such a big deal about how she didn’t feel she could wear bright colors in the royal family in her documentary that it seems strange she never chooses to wear them now. Something in a nice jewel tone that fits her rather than being oversized would be refreshing.

Like that yellow dress she wore to the Your Commonwealth Youth Challenge. That was such a lovely outfit.

Last edited:
I don’t like this outfit at all. She was so chic when she lived in UK. I know her role is different now and she may have less resources but still. I think she just doesn’t want to look elegant anymore.
I don't think Meghan has ever looked chic; she always opts for clothing that doesn't fit properly.
I can honestly say I haven't liked anything she's ever worn.

Meghan has worn plenty of clothing that fits, including recent ski-wear in Canada. She wore jewel colours on royal tours on occasion and the yellow dress mentioned fitted beautifully.

The cut of the SXSW ensemble is not flattering. Nor is the color. The oversized trendy aspect of the outfit is something I like, but the waist area is a disaster. I assume it is off the rack and not tailored for her.

The fabric looks like the delicate silk used for the lining of gentlemen's dressing gowns of a bygone era. (My great-grandfather was a shirtmaker/tailor and a lot of his stock fabric was saved.)

I really like her earrings but the rest of her outfit isn’t very flattering imho

I don't think Meghan has ever looked chic; she always opts for clothing that doesn't fit properly.
I can honestly say I haven't liked anything she's ever worn.
There have been a literal handful of times, I’ve liked what she wore. Her evening gown for her reception was lovely. But, mostly- her clothes don’t fit right- and she doesn’t look chic to me either. Sloppy is usually the word that comes to mind. Or boring.

The Duchess of Sussex at the SXSW 2024 Conference and Festivals at the Austin Convention Center today, March 8:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **
Classic Meghan look: ill-fitting, lacking form or shape, devoid of any design or natural elegance, crushed and usually, incredibly expensive.

Not a fan of this outfit, one bit. Looks like she borrowed it from a taller friend. Although I'm sure she didn't. It is swimming on her. Just boring and bland.
To be fair in part, all of the women pictured are wearing their hems to the floor. I've never liked that look, but it seems to be a thing. It all looks very expensive, but the blouse in particular looks ill fitting, and the waist seems large. She can look good, it's just that she more often wears things that don't.

During recent polo match Meghan was wearing some weird outfit which was so bland that it isn't worth of a long comment. I wonder also why she was wearing stilettos on the turf..... And I think that she should ditch the bronzer and instead buy some good face powder or fluid because the products she's using now definitely doesn't do her any favour...

My issue with Meghan's clothing is that it is always so expensive and high end. Many of the european royals wear Zara and H&M from time to time and I think that is appropriate. She looks nice most of the time but I think wearing Oscar de la Renta to read to children is inappropriate as are stilettos on a Polo field.

It doesn't seem like a suitable outfit for a sports event, but then, I'm not familiar with polo clothing, maybe that's dressier than the norm. I really don't care for it.

Back
Top Bottom