Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 8: December 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 8 of the thread for Queen Máxima's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 7: October 2021 - November 2023 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

lucien said:
What would have sufficed or not is up to HM Queen Maxima!!No one else.

She,in that incredible beautifull dress,highlights and pays tribute to te work by DUTCH desigener Iris van Herpen.No one can do that better then HM.
And she did,the dress is THE talk on the internet today,most have no clue as to what and where and why...But not here,,,are we,do we,not know why
she was dressed as she was?..Ofcourse we do,we read and look.

She baffled everyone present last night,Madame Macron must have felt as if she attended in her pyjama´s...But then our Maxima,is nonesuch...
Proud of her

Actually, THE WORK of Iris van Herpen on exhibition should be what people ought to be talking about, not the Queen or the dress and jewels she is wearing.
For reference, the following visit by the Queen to the Viviane Sassen exhibit, the Queen was most appropriately dressed. Her outfit did not detract from the work of exhibit or the artist.

:previous:

The Queen indeed wás overdressed. And yet, Máxima wearing the Van Herpen dress was all over the press while Sassen was not. I am quite sure that much more people will have looked up the work of Iris van Herpen than the work of Viviane Sassen. So the dress did do much more to attract than to detract the attention IMO.

Not her best Taminiau dress IMO. The opening between the upper and the lower part just looks odd. The colour is lovely and suiting for this time of the year.

For the Korean state banquet, Queen Maxima really looks the part. She looks regal, charming and relaxed.

For the state banquet of the state visit from South Korea this evening Máxima wore her Costarellos dress again:

** Full view ** gallery ** Greece October 2022 **

I can't claim to be a fan of the dress; didn't like it in Athens, and not last night. When Max gets it right, she gets it very right, for me, this is not one of those nights.

Its not a favourite of mine but it does look a little festive!

Queen Máxima at the return event this evening, December 13:

** gallery **

** gallery **

A messy look. The dress was worn before at the Medinaceli wedding in 30 degrees Celsius. Not the best choice for December perhaps.

Queen Máxima during an official dinner at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam on December 6, 2023. She wore a Jan Taminiau gown, worn previously at Prinsjesdag 2019

Pic 1 | Prinsjesdag 2019 1 | Prinsjesdag 2019 2

this outfit is just strange. :ohmy: The gown might be nice, but this thingy on her shoulders, and combining an evening gown with a heat and short gloves :ermm: I love the color though.

For the state banquet of the state visit from South Korea this evening Máxima wore her Costarellos dress again:

** Full view ** gallery ** Greece October 2022 **

This dress is: oh no!!:eek: I know that Maxima has very bold style, and I like some her choices, but this is an ugly dress. :sad:

** gallery **

This is a very nice combo. :flowers: Love her in icy blue dress. Maxima is always so radiant and happy. She is an incredible queen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Máxima during an official dinner at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam on December 6, 2023. She wore a Jan Taminiau gown, worn previously at Prinsjesdag 2019

Pic 1 | Prinsjesdag 2019 1 | Prinsjesdag 2019 2

Not Maxima's best look, IMO. And yes, the dress was just as awkward in 2019 as it is now, in my view.

Also, the rich maroon of the dress would have provided the perfect backdrop for rubies (which she did wear to the Korean state banquet a few days later), the big diamoind earrings just don't have the desired impact.

** gallery **

Not crazy about the grey coat/cape it doesn't really do anything for the outfit but hopefully keeps the December chill out!

** gallery **

This "ensemble, outfit" is just a disgrace. What is the blingy necklace doing with what looks like a wool coat/cape? These garments don't look thought out or planned at all.

This "ensemble, outfit" is just a disgrace. What is the blingy necklace doing with what looks like a wool coat/cape? These garments don't look thought out or planned at all.

We don't quite know what the dress under the cape looks like, perhaps the necklace is a good match with it.

A lovely Taminiau dress. It seems custom made for the occassion and the jewels. The brooch and the sleeves go together very well, as does the blue sash.

Hair and make-up are lovely too. A spectacular look IMO, one of her very best.

It's a beautiful color, for sure. I love the sleeves. Thankfully, there's no cape. Her and Amalia wearing capes would have been too much. LOL

I just don’t like the huge expanse of the chest on her. Also, the hairdo seems unbalanced.

A very regal gown and appearance by the queen.

Beautiful colour on Maxima - the ice blue works really well with her hair colour.

Indeed a very Maxima dress. I want to like it and I just… it feels like it worked better 10 years ago when there was only one other lady in a simple outfit.

With her daughter and husband and Felipe and Letizia… it feels like a slightly simpler dress would have harmonized more.

(Her hair does indeed look quite nice.)

I somehow had the same feeling when I opened the photos: it looked better in the past. Can´t believe it is 10 years already since we first saw it btw. Maybe the fabric seems more wrinkly now or the bow feels less inflated. It did look better on moving images.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom