Queen Mary's Eveningwear Part 1: January 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrownPrincessJava

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Adelaide
Country
Australia

Welcome to Part 1 of the thread for Queen Mary's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 20: November 2021 - January 2024 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

A really lovely look on Queen Mary and the hairstyle is wonderful too!

Always a great look in the military dress uniform.
Her hairstyle is perfect

I don't like a Consort Queen wearing a military Dress and such an amount of Decorations

She's in the Home Guard, I believe, so she's entitled to wear it. Also, if you go to her Wikipedia page, it should list what all those medals are, and they're things like birthday and jubilee medals. She's not trying to pass herself as a war hero.

I don't like a Consort Queen wearing a military Dress and such an amount of Decorations

she did the training, more can be read here

She did the military training and this is the military honor dinner, very fitting occasion to do so.

A really lovely look on Mary on March 18,the jewels too are perfect.
Others could take note and learn about the finishing touches.

17 year old skirt, not bad! It looks fantastic on Mary.
The blouse pairs very well.

I can't fit in anything I wore 17 years ago, and she's had two more kids since then! I appreciate her thriftiness -- she'll wear something new on occasion, but most of the time, she re-wears clothes she already owns.

Very lovely. Those jewels look stunning too.

17 year old skirt, not bad! It looks fantastic on Mary.
The blouse pairs very well.
She looks stunning! And she went deep into her closet for this ensemble....from 2007! Amazing! The select pieces from the ruby set are the perfect accessories to complete the look. Given the skirt is the focal point, she kept the top simple. I love that even though she is now Queen, she did not need to go out and splurge on a whole new wardrobe of expensive bespoke outfits. Yes, I am sure we will see new pieces for maybe the upcoming state visits (which makes sense imo), but she shows you can still re-wear, rework and pull pieces from the depths of your closet and look amazing while doing it!

Here are some better shots of Mary's dress:

I think this is a new piece or pieces -- I don't remember seeing her wear them before. I can't tell if those are paillettes on the skirt or if it's fabric, but either way, it's stunning!
Mary looks picture perfect here. I love the outfit and hairstyle. Is this outfit a dress or a top with a skirt?

And BTW, the jewelry is beautiful, really compliments her outfit.☀️

Last edited:
Was beginning to think we'd never see this skirt again. Nice one Mary.

Absolutely gorgeous outfit, jewelry, and hair. Amazing that the skirt is 17 years old. No way I could wear something from 17 years ago - lol - I wish! Kudos to Mary!

Not a fan of the dress. I’m not sure it will age well. The necklace is totally lost. I personally had much higher expectations for Mary’s first portrait as Queen, given the incredible portraits she has had for her birthdays and all. All in all it’s good, but not a wow thing.
I’d had preferred the white dress with the boat neckline maybe, timeless and not shadowing the jewelry.

It's a gorgeous dress, and the color plays well with her coloring and with the emeralds. My only quibble with it is I wish the neckline were different. The necklace gets lost. Otherwise, she looks stunning.

Back
Top Bottom