Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Connaught Ruby Tiara have only been worn by Sigvards wife's and inside the royal family only by The Queen and mostly at low key events.
I think it will reimain so until Sigvard and Marianne are reunited at the Royal Cemetery so i would be very surprised if we would see it being used on April 30.

I hope Birgitta stays away from the Nine Prong Tiara and full Circlet tiaras.
The button tiaras, the connaught diamond tiara and the baden fringe tiara looked good on her.

The Connaught Ruby Tiara have only been worn by Sigvards wife's and inside the royal family only by The Queen and mostly at low key events.

I think it will reimain so until Sigvard and Marianne are reunited at the Royal Cemetery so i would be very surprised if we would see it being used on April 30.

I hope Birgitta stays away from the Nine Prong Tiara and full Circlet tiaras.

The button tiaras, the connaught diamond tiara and the baden fringe tiara looked good on her.

I'm sure she'll stay far away from the Pronger after the trouble she had with it at Victoria's wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

As the dress code for the banquet on April 30 in honour of King Carl XVI Gustaf's 70:th birthday have been revealed by Svensk Damtidning as "Black Tie" , there won't likely be any tiaras worn unless there are 2 separate dress codes for Royal guests and non Royal guests.

It is these days you grieve that we don't have the same tradition here in Sweden as they have in Denmark where they use tiaras (though not the biggest ones) even on black tie occassions.

How disappointing! It is hard to believe that the King will celebrate his birthday without tiaras.

It was an UNwelcome surprise indeed.

Maybe we should have been warned as he did celebrate his 40:th reign anniversary with no tiaras too.

I hope they atleast will release new official pictures with the Queen, the Crown Princess, Madeleine and Sofia in "full gala".

Black tie does not say so much, to be fair. On the eve of King Willem-Alexander's Investiture there was a black tie-banquet in the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam and the ladies wore sparkling diadems: video.

Last edited:
Black tie does not say so much, to be fair. On the eve of the King Willem-Alexander's Investiture there was a black tie-banquet in the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam and the ladies wore sparkling diadems: video.

Yes but that has not been the tradition here in Sweden. I can't recall one single black tie event where the Royal ladies have worn tiaras.

Yes but that has not been the tradition here in Sweden. I can't recall one single black tie event where the Royal ladies have worn tiaras.

It was also no tradition in the Netherlands. Diadems were always worn at white-tie events only but slowly things seem to change. What once was an absolute no-no, has become less rigid.

I was afraid the new Dutch King would go "modern" and ban white-tie dinners, but when King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia made a one-day visit, even for this "small event" -luckily- the new King kept loyal to tradition: picture.

I think we will see more and more a mix of classic black-tie (no diadems), black-tie-plus (with diadems) and the traditional classic white-tie.

Last edited:
It was the same in the Netherlands. Diadems were always worn with white tie but slowly things seem to change. What once was an absolute no-no, has become less rigid.

We can always hope. I will scream out my happiness if you are right ;)

Sadly The swedish King seems to be no big fan of tiara events. He has even cut down the yearly representation dinners and turned one of the remaining into a "no tiara event".

That are really disappointing News. Could it be that there are perhaps Invitations with different dresscodes? For different people? Like at the Wedding of Victoria the guests who only attended the Service in Church wore day suits and short gowns with hats.
I remember the King's 40th birthday was also a black tie affair. For hjis 40th Jubilee there was no big Dinner with foreign royal guests.

That are really disappointing News. Could it be that there are perhaps Invitations with different dresscodes? For different people? Like at the Wedding of Victoria the guests who only attended the Service in Church wore day suits and short gowns with hats.
I remember the King's 40th birthday was also a black tie affair. For hjis 40th Jubilee there was no big Dinner with foreign royal guests.

Aftonbladet has good photos of the invitations to the King's celebrations:
... "To a concert with following reception at Nordiska Museet on Friday 29th April at 19.00".
Dress code: Mörk kostym (Dark suit)
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/22412995/808/normal/3275ec4028b57/inbjudan_3.jpg
... "To a banquet with following dance at the Stockholm Palace on Saturday 30th April at 19.30"
Dress code: Smoking (Black tie)
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/22412992/798/normal/d586dc4f95913/inbludan_1.jpg

How could there be invitations with different dress codes, when all the guests attend at the same event, unlike at the weddings of Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine where part of the guests didn't attend at the wedding dinner but were invited only to the church service. It would be really odd if some guests at the banquet and dance would have white tie and the others black tie...

Don't think there are 2 different dress codes. Would look so wrong.

The interesting and confusing thing is that the invitation states "banquet with following dance". Can't remember when it occured last time in Sweden and the dress code was not white tie.

Yeah I thought that the word "banquet" was a bit odd, now we know why. Quite disappointing, especially considering the setting of the dinner. However, the King's 40th Birthday was celebrated with a black tie-dinner, so it is not the first time.

Well, king Carl Gustaf celebrated his 40 years on the throne with a rather low key events, more with the swedish people and without so much glamour.
So he continues that now.

The State visit from Chile to Sweden by President Michelle Bachelet will be on 10th-12th May.
State Visit from Chile - Sveriges Kungahus

Last edited:
The Danes will have a State Banquet for the Mexican President tomorrow, so we can engage in anther round of tiara guessing. I think that even Princess Benedikte might attend, as she's in Kopenhagen at the moment.

So here is my guess:
Queen Margrethe: the floral aigrette
CP Mary: the wedding tiara with pearls
Princess Marie: the floral tiara
Princess Benedikte: her star and pearl tiara

I hope for Princess Mary, her wedding tiara and her new tiara as necklace or vice/versa

Would be great to see Princess Benedikte wearing the Pearl and Star tiara or her Fringe Tiara,both of which are 2 of favourite pieces in her collection.

Don't think Benekdikte will wear the fringe tiara tomorrow. iti is usualla reserved fro the bigger Events.

I thiink:
Margrethe. baden palmette tiara or the floral aigrette
Mary: Wedding tiara without pearls
Marie. floral wreath tiara
Benedikte: floral tiara or pearl and star tiara

Nice idea Maria-Olivia. Or the opposite. New tiara and wedding tiara worn as necklace.

If there will be tiaras worn for a possible official photo for King Carl Gustaf's birthday, here are my predictions:

Silvia: Braganza tiara
Victoria: Connaught tiara
Madeleine: Wedding tiara
Sofia: Wedding tiara

Tiara's tonight! What are your predictions?

Queen Silvia: Braganza tiara (but not likely: either the Connaught or the nine prongs)
CP Victoria: princess Lillian's tiara or the amethists or the Baden Fringe
Princess Madeleine: hoping for the amethists or the Connaught, but I think she's likely to wear the modern fringe (her wedding tiara)
Princess Margretha: her aquamarine Koshonik
Princess Brigitta: baden fringe or the Connaught (or she might turn up in something new to her again)
Princess Desirée: big cut steel tiara
Princess Christina: six button tiara
Princess Märtha-Louise: her own 18th birthday tiara
Queen Margrethe: floral aigrette or her pearls
CP Mary: wedding tiara
Princess Benedikte: fringe tiara
Princess Beatrix: small tiara, probably the antique pearl tiara, Queen Emma's diamond tiara or the diamond bandeau
Queen Mathilde: Wolfers necklace tiara, but I would love if she'd wear Queen Fabiola's Spanish tiara (althouh I do not expect that)
Heriditary Princess Sophie: her fringe tiara

Pity Queen Max is not attending. She's always on her best for such events.

Last edited:
I hope Princess Beatrix will wear Princess Juliana's aquamarine parure. Today is her late mother's birthday. On the same day as her godson King Carl XVI Gustaf. Here a picture of a long time ago. The aquamarines colour superbly with the Seraphim Order.

Are we even sure that the banquet involves a tiara event? I hope not to be dissapointed and see royal ladies sans tiara...

It is a black tie dinner (smokingmiddag in swedish) and the invitation card stated "TMBW" wich means tiaras may be worn. There is no guarantee that we will see any tiara at all.

Swedish royal family usually don't wear tiaras to black tie dinners" so we have to wait and see...

If they do use tiaras, i don't think it will be the big guns as it is a "smokingmiddag" and not a "galamiddag".

(Smokingmiddag = Black tie dinner)

(Galamiddag = White tie dinner)

Last edited:
This can be the last time we would see som many tiaras worn att the same time by the swedish lades in a long time

This can be the last time we would see som many tiaras worn att the same time by the swedish lades in a long time

IF they wear any tiaras tonight. Then it will probably be a long time before we'll see Margaretha, Birgitta and Desirée in tiaras again. Silvia, Victoria, Madeleine, Sofia and Christina will be at Nobel.

And both Harald and Sonja of Norway turns 80 next year. Unless they are seriously ill, it will probably be celebrated as grand as possible ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom