Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
> Much as I would love to see Camilla pull out another new tiara, I think she will use the Greville for the Dip. She may pair it with a substantial necklace, that she hasn't worn before. That said, I would be content if she pulled out the QEQM Collet necklace that she has not used for over a decade now.

> If Camilla were to wear a new tiara, I would love for her to use any of the Oirental Circlet, the Queen Mary Fringe, the Greville emerald (last used by Eugenie) or Margaret's Turquoise parure if it is still in the family.

> I think we may see Catherine in a new tiara at the Dip, reflecting her new role. Would love to see her in the Sapphire bandeau, but frankly, anything new will do.

My guesses for the 2022 Nobel Prizes:

Silvia: Sapphire tiara

Victoria: Connaught tiara

Sofia: Wedding tiara

Christina: Six Button tiara

I had forgotten about the 2022 Nobel Prizes Gala and the Gala Reception for the Diplomatic Corps!

At 6th of December there will be a traditional Bishop's dinner at Oslo royal palace. It is usually a tiara event, and some few times it has been published photos from that event. It is usually private, but would be nice to see if there will be any pictures released of the Queen and Crown Princess. In 2004 they released a video from the event, where Queen Sonja wore Queen Josephine diamond tiara and CP Mette-Marit in the amethyst demi parure.

At 6th of December there will be a traditional Bishop's dinner at Oslo royal palace. It is usually a tiara event, and some few times it has been published photos from that event. It is usually private, but would be nice to see if there will be any pictures released of the Queen and Crown Princess. In 2004 they released a video from the event, where Queen Sonja wore Queen Josephine diamond tiara and CP Mette-Marit in the amethyst demi parure.

Pity that they never release a pic from it.

Mette-Marit wore the daisy tiara, CP Märthas silverwedding earrings, and the vifte tiara as a necklace, one of her most elegant appearances of the early years.

Video from min 54,25
https://tv.nrk.no/serie/aaret-med-kongefamilien/2004/OUHA43000104/avspiller

King Harald says its the only event where they are all alone with the guests, no courtiers etc, and it is held in a more intimate room, not the grand ballroon, so I dont expect any photos this time either

King Harald says its the only event where they are all alone with the guests, no courtiers etc, and it is held in a more intimate room, not the grand ballroon, so I dont expect any photos this time either
But they could still release 1 or 2 pics afterwards.

Mette-Marit wore the daisy tiara, CP Märthas silverwedding earrings, and the vifte tiara as a necklace, one of her most elegant appearances of the early years.

Video from min 54,25
https://tv.nrk.no/serie/aaret-med-kongefamilien/2004/OUHA43000104/avspiller

What a lovely tradition. I had no idea about this dinner.

Yes my bad, my memory is not always the best. But it would be fun if they released some pictures from the dinner this year. I still don't have any guess for which jewels they will wear. ?

My guess to Japanese New Years reception

Masako: Meiji Tiara
Kiko: her Diamond Tiara
Aiko: her birthday Tiara

I think only they Will attend

My local Boston news is covering live the arrival of William and Catherine at Earthshot and I am pretty certain she is wearing the Cambridge emerald choker!

My local Boston news is covering live the arrival of William and Catherine at Earthshot and I am pretty certain she is wearing the Cambridge emerald choker!

She is! And she looks stunning!

My guess to Japanese New Years reception

Masako: Meiji Tiara
Kiko: her Diamond Tiara
Aiko: her birthday Tiara

I think only they Will attend
Do you mean Princess Sayako's tiara, that Aiko wore for her 20th's birthday? Because she didn't receiver her own tiara for her birthday.

My guesses are:
Masako: Meiji tiara
Kiko: CP scroll tiara
Aiko: Sayako's tiara
Also, I don't think that they'll cut the number of attending ladies and I expect to see Kako, the Mikasa and Takamado Princesses.
I'd love to see the Empress with the chrysanthemum tiara, but don't think that is really going to happen yet.

She will wear the parrure of the Princess who left the Japanese Royal family and had to give the jewels back.

Do you mean Princess Sayako's tiara, that Aiko wore for her 20th's birthday? Because she didn't receiver her own tiara for her birthday.

Yes! The Sayako's tiara

For the Nobels, December 10th:
Silvia: Nine Prong or Leuchtenberg Sapphires with the Egyptian Necklace or Pink Topaz demi-parure
Victoria: Baden Fringe, Boucheron Laurel Wreath or Napoleonic Amethyst Parure
Sofia: her wedding tiara with a new gem
Christina: the Connaught Tiara

Dinner with Nobel Laureates, December 11th
Silvia: Edwardian Ruby, Modern Fringe or Braganza (?)
Victoria: Laurel Wreath, Connaught, Cut Steel Tiara or Buttons Tiara
Sofia: her wedding tiara (with a new gem, for sake of God)
Christina: Six Buttons or Connaught

I think that Christina should attend, once Madeleine will be absent

For the Danish New Year's Gala, January 1st, 2023
Margrethe: Pearl Poiré, Emerald Parure or other
Mary: Ruby Parure, Midnight, her Wedding Tiara or Ruby, Diamond and Spinel Necklace Tiara
Marie: Dagmar's Floral, Nuits Claires or Flora Danica Amethyst
Benedikte: her floral tiara, SWB Fringe or Sophia's Pearl and Diamond Star Tiara

Last edited by a moderator:
Any thoughts on what jewellery Camilla and Catherine might wear to the Diplomatic Reception later this week?

For Camilla, I expect her to wear the Grenville tiara, but perhaps a necklace we haven’t seen her wear previously. Perhaps it could be the Greville emerald necklace used by QEQM, or perhaps, the Godman necklace. That said, I would be contend for her to use the QEQM collet collier she used on her 60th birthday, and not seen in public since around 2009.

For Catherine, we might see her use a substantial necklace (Nizam, or Queen Alexandra wedding necklace , with a new tiara debut waiting till the Coronation.

Last edited:
Really hoping that the Princess of Wales will seen wearing a different tiara for the Diplomatic Reception later this week!

Did they already publish a date for the diplomatic reception? It's usually this time of the year, so I hope it's soon.

I think that Camilla will continue to wear the Boucheron from time to time, but I don't think that we will see it already this year. My guess is that she'll mark her new position as Queen by wearing Queen-tiaras for the time being. So I expect a repeat of the sapphire parure, or another one from the vaults.

As for Catherine, I believe that she'll continue with the lover's knot tiara for a while. But I hope to be proven wrong: the Russian sapphire bandeau would just look great on her.

Last edited:
The Russian sapphire bandeau with the art-deco sapphire earrings of QEQM would look amazing!

Really hoping that the Princess of Wales will seen wearing a different tiara for the Diplomatic Reception later this week!

I am slightly conflicted on this. Part of me thinks the big tiara reveal for her would come for the Coronation, and hence, for now, she would continue to use the QM Lovers Knot.

The contrarian view is that this is the time to unveil a new tiara, with something else (say the Love Trophy collar?) added on for the Coronation.

I guess we will know on Thursday evening.

Did they already publish a date for the diplomatic reception? It's usually this time of the year, so I hope it's soon.

Not officially, but then I am not sure they ever to publish a date. But I have seen chatter on Twitter to that effect.

I think that Camilla will continue to wear the Boucheron from time to time, but I don't think that we will see it already this year. My guess is that she'll mark her new position as Queen by wearing Queen-tiaras for the time being. So I expect a repeat of the sapphire parure, or another one from the vaults.

It would be great if Camilla could debut another tiara for the Dip. Perhaps the Oriental Circlet or Margaret's turquoise tiara?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am slightly conflicted on this. Part of me thinks the big tiara reveal for her would come for the Coronation, and hence, for now, she would continue to use the QM Lovers Knot.

But debuting a new to her tiara and other big Jewels at the Coronation would bring the spotlight on her nd i doubt thi is what is wished. So better new Jewels before and not at the coronation itself where the main focus should be on the King and Queen.

Kate could wear the Lotus tiara. It's not a debut tiara for her, but not the same old-same old Lover's Knot either, so a new tiara reveal could wait until the coronation.

I think Camilla will wear something she hasn't worn before because she needs to establish her image as Queen and now has the whole jewel vault to choose from. I hope she ignores the oriental circlet and goes for something very regal like the Aquamarines or the amethysts and the Vladimir tiara perhaps.

I'm desperate for Catherine to wear Diana's sapphire and pearl choker with the lovers' knot tiara.

I think Camilla will wear something she hasn't worn before because she needs to establish her image as Queen and now has the whole jewel vault to choose from. I hope she ignores the oriental circlet and goes for something very regal like the Aquamarines or the amethysts and the Vladimir tiara perhaps.

I'm desperate for Catherine to wear Diana's sapphire and pearl choker with the lovers' knot tiara.

I quite like the idea of any of the Aquamarine or Amethyst necklaces being used by Camilla, but I am not the biggest fan of the Aqua tiara. Perhaps she might wear it with the Greville Boucheron.

The PoW used the Diplomatic Corps to debut the Lover's Knot tiara so it seems like a perfect time to debut another new tiara. Fingers crossed for Queen Mary's Fringe! I personally am hoping for either the Aquas or Rubies(Oriental or Burmese) on the QC. I'm not the biggest fan of the Aqua's but seeing how favourable the Sapphires looked on Camilla I am keen to see them on a different wearer to see if my opinion changes.

I quite like the idea of any of the Aquamarine or Amethyst necklaces being used by Camilla, but I am not the biggest fan of the Aqua tiara. Perhaps she might wear it with the Greville Boucheron.

I agree about the tiara but I think the necklace and earrings would look good with the Vladimir (unadorned). My preference is definitely to see Camilla retire the tiaras she wore before and create new images of herself as Queen. Do you think Catherine could wear the Boucheron with an appropriate hairstyle?

My guesses for the diplomatic reception:

Camilla: Belgian Sapphire tiara

Kate: Lovers Knot tiara

Sophie: Wedding tiara

Anne: Festoon tiara

I agree about the tiara but I think the necklace and earrings would look good with the Vladimir (unadorned). My preference is definitely to see Camilla retire the tiaras she wore before and create new images of herself as Queen. Do you think Catherine could wear the Boucheron with an appropriate hairstyle?

Would love to see the Queen wear the QM Fribge tiara and the City of London Fringe necklace at the Diplomatic Reception this year.

Would love to see the Queen wear the QM Fribge tiara and the City of London Fringe necklace at the Diplomatic Reception this year.

Or the adelaide fringe as necklace. Pity that is has never worn by Queen Elizabeth II. as it was the only major piece which has been worn by every Queen from Queen Adelaide to Queen Elizabeth (the Queen Mother)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom