The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 30: July 2021 - March 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked most of Catherine's clothing choices on this trip, and thought she did a good job balancing what was appropriate for the activity, the climate (hot and humid for the most part) and the different levels of formality. If there was ever a time to break out new rather than recycled clothing, it seems to me that a tour representing the Queen is the right place to do it!

Wow. I really like the short sleeve white lace dress. It looks very classy and elegant on her.

Love the hat style. It really suits her.

This lacy white dress echoes a lacy white dress that The Queen wore on a 1950's tour of Australia, with its slim silhouette, short sleeves and square neckline. This seems like a deliberate homage. That was one of HM's best looks ever.

This lacy white dress echoes a lacy white dress that The Queen wore on a 1950's tour of Australia, with its slim silhouette, short sleeves and square neckline. This seems like a deliberate homage. That was one of HM's best looks ever.

Ironically I believe that dress was very much outside HM’s style wheelhouse and I’m not sure she ever wore anything like it again.

The first pic shocks me as it looks like a jumpsuit:ROFLMAO:

Not a big fans of this dress, tricky colour and print combination.

We must have looked at the photo at the same time because I too thought it was a jumpsuit.

(..)Nice thin fabric but I disapprove of elastic for sleeves, cheap looking. Nice color and print. I’d like to burn those awful shoes

Last edited by a moderator:
I dislike that pink dress; not at all flattering.

I take back what i wrote…Kate let me down…this is an ugly dress. The print is okay but in a different dress pattern…there are those puffy sleeves again, which remind me of little childrens dresses. Kate, please hide this dress in the depths of the cellars….it is awful. I do like her hair.

I take back what i wrote…Kate let me down…this is an ugly dress. The print is okay but in a different dress pattern…there are those puffy sleeves again, which remind me of little childrens dresses. Kate, please hide this dress in the depths of the cellars….it is awful. I do like her hair.

Hide? That dress needs to be burned! What would possess her and her stylist to think that dress is a good choice!?!

There has been so many misses with her style this tour....

:previous: OMG! Catherine has moved from little-girl puffed sleeves to very old fashioned " Leg-Of-Mutton" sleeves. If that sounds horrid, it doesn't begin to describe how awful that entire dress really is. The only thing that could rescue it is if she burnt it and wore something else.

What is it with all the wide necklines and poofy sleeves? Even the blue dress she started the tour with had the latest innovation of puffed sleeves which is backstitching a little layer of bulk and the shoulder so the sleeve doesn't just fall from the shoulder but rather has an upward lift before it puffs down the arm. This is not a look Catherine should embrace wholeheartedly. It worked with the blue dress because it had a 'V' neck and the sleeve itself was quite understated.

However, bateau or off-the-shoulder is best avoided by someone with as broad a shoulder to body ratio as Catherine has.

Not a good look to end the tour.
This isn’t particularly a criticism of Kate, but why do the royals get dressed up for goodbyes in outfits that clearly they will happily discard the moment they’ve taken off? If there’s a previous engagement which doesn’t allow time for change, fair enough, but this frequently isn’t the case

The Bahamas departure outfit - what was she thinking. Awful. Also given that it was a 15 minute activity did she REALLY need an expensive over the top outfit. Worst of the trip

the yellow white dress, nope it's too old fashioned/80ies schoolgirl for me
the green tule gown, i liked it very much
the rose one, nice

the silver gown one also nice but i didn't like the flower like jewelry

The Bahamas departure outfit - what was she thinking. Awful. Also given that it was a 15 minute activity did she REALLY need an expensive over the top outfit. Worst of the trip

Also it's very likely be changing into a more comfortable outfit for the long flight home.

Perhaps they had a private farewell engagement with representatives of their hosts.

That yellow last dress it is horrendous! wonder who select her wardrobe and if she agreed with it? I mean it is old fashion, she looks ridicules! she was doing so good love all the other outfits but this one ! oh dear me! it is terrible!

Her departure outfit was a bit "busy" but it was as lovely as most everything else she has worn on this tour.

Like another poster stated, she will have changed into something more suitable/comfortable probably before takeoff.:lol:

The tan is gorgeous.;)

Another point that annoyed me this trip - at least 3 different designers of white shoes all practically exactly the same. Any need?!

that yellow outfit it the worst outfit she has worn in a long time - up there with the arrival into Ireland short suit (not the green coat, what was underneath), the arrival to India Alexander McQueen red pattern mess and the evening yellow mustard Erdem in Sweden

Weight comments and speculative theories have been removed according to the TRF rules.

I actually like the yellow puffy/retro-ish/anime outfit and think it was a fun change for her and she pulled it off, but you absolutely need to be someone with her fashion-friendly figure to do it.

The pink thing... no. Yuck.

The pink and the yellow were both awful, imo.

I know we often think she should try new designs instead of the usual, but after this I think she should stick with what works and forget branching out!

While I liked her clothes on this tour, the pink and yellow dresses on Bahamas were horrible.
What was her designer thinking?

Not a fan of the pink dress, but I think paired with a different shoe, it would have been better. The yellow dress needed "less", take off the bow and buckle, no problem, but with all the accents it was all a bit too much. All in all, she has looked wonderful the whole trip, I can only "nitpick" about small things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom