The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 2: March 2023 - July 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very pretty dress. I love the pattern of the fabric.

She's not wearing pantyhose. Is that a new change under King Charles?

I do like the dress, but not the hat.
Lately Catherine seems to rely on Treacy hats, and they are NOT the best choice, imo.

I agree, the dress could have worked with a different hat.

Very practical and well coordinated look. Much as I like the jacket, I don’t think this colour particularly suits her. She looks a little washed out.

I like the top, but not the skirt.

and about the colour: does it shine in the dark? I think yes.

That’s not my favorite shade of green. It’s the second time this week she has worn that shade.

Oh well … she didn’t ask my opinion [emoji12]

I like the skirt but n by all female members of the All England Club wear not the top. And the little bow, not at all.

The bow is not a fashion accessory. It is the ribbon worn by all female members of the All England club of which she is now the Patron. Since she assumed this role, she has always worn the black ribbon bow when she attends Wimbledon . I agree it’s not a particularly attractive emblem for the women to wear.

I love the skirt but not the top, too many elements here, textured fabric, multiple pockets, multiple buttons, the belt.

It feels like she's been going for tennis ball/tennis-court adjacent colors this year. Glad there's no bright yellow so far.

The bow is not a fashion accessory. It is the ribbon worn by all female members of the All England club of which she is now the Patron. Since she assumed this role, she has always worn the black ribbon bow when she attends Wimbledon . I agree it’s not a particularly attractive emblem for the women to wear.

You’re right about the ribbon’s purpose, but it’s not black- it’s the Wimbledon colors of purple and green

I don't think that particular shade of green works for her, and for some reason the cut and style of the outfit reminds me a little of a 1950's air hostess.

But her hairstyle is pretty.

I like her in that shade and in the outfit. She has worn the same one in white a couple of times. Princess Beatrice has it in back and in white and princess Madeline has it in white.

It is her hair that looks bad, imo. Way too long. She can use width all over which is why the textured top with pockets and peplum add bulk as well as the tiny pleats in the skirt. All perfect for adding pounds to the figure. But the scraped back straight hair adds nothing to her face.

Last edited:
You’re right about the ribbon’s purpose, but it’s not black- it’s the Wimbledon colors of purple and green

Thank you. I hadn’t realised the ribbon is purple and green as in most of the pics you can’t see the colours. It makes sense now as the male members of the club wear purple and green ties. I think the thick purple edging is very dark and heavy for a summer tournament. They have redesigned the outfits of the officials several times, perhaps it’s time they modernised the bows!

I like the color but not the style.

Thank you for the explanation, Elly. I didn't realize it was an emblem or why she wore it. My mistake!

:previous: I don't think it's a great silhouette either, rather unflattering in fact.

But that shade of green is really beautiful on her.

Perfect dress, perfect colour and perfect figure !

I'd rather to see her in such style more, no busy fabric or pattern, no unnecessary amount of pocket or button, clear and sharp. (But the wrinkles.. :nonono:)

I think she looks amazing and apart from the few wrinkles (which happens to most of us), the dress shows off her lovely figure perfectly! I love the emerald as well, not a colour I can wear but it looks fabulous on her!

I think she looks amazing and apart from the few wrinkles (which happens to most of us), the dress shows off her lovely figure perfectly! I love the emerald as well, not a colour I can wear but it looks fabulous on her!

Well said. I thought the whole look worked well.

I agree, the dress was indeed wrinkled, but I do not think the Princess of Wales will be making that mistake again.

I liked both outfits worn over the weekend and thanks for the various explanations over the bow as I too was wondering!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom