The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 2: March 2023 - July 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 2 of the thread for the Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 1: September 2022 - March 2023 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Regarding the outfit Kate wore on March 1, she looked very regal. The coat is beautiful and divine as well as an exquisite shade of red.

Last edited:
I love Catherine's outfit - very chic and the style suits her.

It has got to be the first time EVER that I am horrified by darling Kate's outfit. I'm livid! :eek:

Not bad but far from her best. I can see she's trying something new but it doesn't work well.

i don't care for it, but then I rarely like Erdem.

i think the outfit is very chic. She still looks beautful. But the dots make it too busy. Solid color would have looked better on her for this.

I really liked it and the The Princess of Wales looked very elegant.

This is a very elegant look on Catherine. I love the shape of the skirt and jacket. We also got to see a lovely detail when the wind flipped the lower part of the skirt and we could see that it was lined with a reverse print. I'm happy to see her trying out new silhouettes and styles.

Kates outfit is pretty, until I saw the darts on the top. I don’t care for the white zig zag darts. Really takes the away from the outfit and draws attention to her top area. If the need to put a zig zag showing, a navy blue thread would have been a lot better, but the designer could have just eliminated the zig zag all together.

Kates outfit is pretty, until I saw the darts on the top. I don’t care for the white zig zag darts. Really takes the away from the outfit and draws attention to her top area. If the need to put a zig zag showing, a navy blue thread would have been a lot better, but the designer could have just eliminated the zig zag all together.
I agree about the darts, pity they are in a contrasting colour. Other than that, an excellent and playfull outfit.

She looks like she took that outfit out of Marinas closet.
I'd like to see her in something from her own taste and not channelled from someone else. It's like always when I see her, I think, that's not herself.

Apart from that, the hat didn't even have the same shade of blue than the rest of the dress - AND it's again the pattern: same piece but in another colour.

This is a very elegant look on Catherine. I love the shape of the skirt and jacket. We also got to see a lovely detail when the wind flipped the lower part of the skirt and we could see that it was lined with a reverse print. I'm happy to see her trying out new silhouettes and styles.

I agree, I really liked it. It’s fun and different while still being entirely appropriate to the occasion.

Count me with those who like it. It's elegant and even manages to be mildly interesting.

And Marina has been gone from the BRF for far too long. If Catherine wants to imitate her she can do it for the next ten years, as far I'm concerned — and our eyes should benefit.

The outfit is awful.

Could it be the print? It's like a repeating flower and inside is on reverse colors. She looks sharp as ever to me from hat to shoes.

I have to admit that I took one look and almost fell down laughing! I wore and
almost identical ensemble in the early 80's except that mine was a dress with a pencil skirt and actual dots. Apart from that, the hat with a slightly smaller brim, the dress, shoes and clutch were all the same style as Catherine's. Boy did that bring back memories and while one might wish to pay homage to the 80's, this manages to overpower Catherine. It was just plain too much.

I'm happy to see her trying out new silhouettes and styles.

I agree, it is good to see Catherine try different styles. It takes a certain confidence to be able to do that.

The Princess of Wales attended the St. Patrick's Day Parade at Mons Barracks in Aldershot today, March 17:

** Full view ** Upper part ** gallery **

Last edited:
The Princess of Wales attended the St. Patrick's Day Parade at Mons Barracks in Aldershot today, March 17:

** Full view ** Upper part ** gallery **

Ticks a few boxes for me eg hair off her face and no tacky gilt buttons. I love the colour and style. Is it new? I wouldn't think she needed yet another green coat!

Ticks a few boxes for me eg hair off her face and no tacky gilt buttons. I love the colour and style. Is it new? I wouldn't think she needed yet another green coat!

It is a new coat and hat.

I personally don't like it, but she still looks wonderful on this historic occasion. I wish she would have worn McQueen instead of bespoke Catherine Walker, but that's just me being picky.

Btw, the colour of her coat dress matches the plumes of the Irish Guards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom