The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 30: July 2021 - March 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only liked the vintage dress. Everything else, for me, was a miss, either out of time, or cosplaying again or... that last dress. I can't even describe my feelings when I saw it. Nothing positive crossed my mind.

And I disliked that there were practically no re-used dresses, I disliked the amount of changing clothes for literally no reason and, what I just read here, three pair of white shoes from different designers who looked THE SAME? The biggest NO GO nowadays.

I only liked the vintage dress. Everything else, for me, was a miss, either out of time, or cosplaying again or... that last dress. I can't even describe my feelings when I saw it. Nothing positive crossed my mind.

And I disliked that there were practically no re-used dresses, I disliked the amount of changing clothes for literally no reason and, what I just read here, three pair of white shoes from different designers who looked THE SAME? The biggest NO GO nowadays.

I liked the blue lace two-piece in which the Duchess arrived in Belize and I too was surprised that the Duchess did not wear more of her "Wimbledon" clothes that we have already seen. It's post Covid with fewer clothes worn outdoors during the pandemic; so that may be why we saw so many new dresses.
As for the shoes, there may be a clinical reason for the wearing of so many pairs of shoes, sort of thing. Some folk believe that it is best to not wear the same garment or pair of footwear on two consecutive days and to rotate the garments so that the garments get a chance to rest and to return to the original shapes.

When discussing vintage and reworn garments, Princess Anne comes to mind… Kate is building a wardrobe for her future jobs, which she will hold for many decades. If she, like Anne, maintains her body type, we will see these outfits again.

1940’s Style

Actually, I certainly do. Am now looking at a photo of my Mom leaving a church reception of a Woman's Guild taken in July 1946. Design almost identical although fabric print different. I was 4 at the time but actually remember it as was quite the style back after the war.

My mother also had a dress like this in the ‘40’s. I was 5, but I remember thinking she looked great.
If you look at some of the old black and white movies, you will see similar styles.

I've said that million times and I will keep saying that: she should wear more brimmed hat because she looks great with them.

I love the hat, but I don't care for the sleeves on the polka-dot dress.

The duchess looks wonderful and the hat is fantastic.

This is a really lovely outfit, and the hat is wonderful. She really does wear hats well.

Catherine looked lovely as always, but i must admit that a part of me secretly wished that she would have joined The Queen, Camilla and Anne in doing dark green...

Catherine looked lovely as always, but i must admit that a part of me secretly wished that she would have joined The Queen, Camilla and Anne in doing dark green...
I agree. Although the dress and hat looked wonderful on the Duchess.

Perhaps it is because she does not have a dark green coat :lol:

I think that the duchess has worn enough green of late ;)

I think that the duchess has worn enough green of late ;)

I wish she realises she has worn enough puff sleeves instead......OTOH another Duchess (of Cornwall) definitely isn't tired of green recently......;)

Last edited:
Very classy look. Love the hat. The above ‘green’ comments made me smile.

She looked very chique indeed. Even more so on moving images than on pictures. I agree about brimmed hats: she can pull them off very well and I hope to see them more often on her.

Last edited:
A chic and appropriate outing indeed. I'll agree with everyone else, this hat is very becoming on the Duchess and I wish for more.

Beautiful today from Kate - the hat was stunning. She looked the part. I loved it

I know Im in minority but i don't like this dress on the Duchess. He hat suits her beautiful.

i liked her outfit today, just not the white feather on her hat

I know Im in minority but i don't like this dress on the Duchess. He hat suits her beautiful.

I agree, Mary Rose. I do not care for the dress. A solid color dress would have been better. Save this one for a different function. The hat is okay, but i look at the fact it is too big for church, as the people behind Kate cannot see around the big brimmed hat.

A special day to remember Prince Phillip.

Absolute perfection, imo. I guess if it had been all navy it would have been perfection. Polka dots always give a lift and the little puffed shoulders add interest. The belt and stitched down hips are fitted perfectly. Just wish I could see the hair and earrings better.

Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom