The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 30: July 2021 - March 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Cambridge in a Alexander McQueen dress and with a Philip Treacy hat today, March 24:

** Full view ** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part **
I don't agree with the Duchess's dress designers who put her in square necks because she has wide shoulders. She would be better in round necklines.
I think the hat is very chic and she could break up her height a bit and not wear only one colour.

Kate dresses are always nice, fit her well but not always the occasion. The green dress was too Christmas looking and I did not care for the fluffy neckline. The white dress, I agree the white lace dress was too “night gownish”. Also the clothing was all a little too extravagant, it should have been toned down a bit, save the bling for England. I do like Kates hair pulled back or up and out of her face. More sophisticated for such events.

It may be that if the Duchess did not wear the bling in the Third World that the local people woud feel insulted.

I love the green dress. Perfect for this tour. The brooch looks a perfect accompaniment. Wish she’d wear such statement pieces a little more often. Apparently, this was the brooch given to the Queen from Jamaica , so a lovely touch.
Not a fan of the white lace outfit. It’s an example of the clothes wearing the person and the neckline screams out for a necklace . I’ve seen a pic of the Queen wearing a very similar dress from many years ago. The Duchess should take a leaf from the neckline/ accessories of HM .

No, the Queen has narrow shoulders and Duchess Catherine has wide shoulders.
CP Mette-Marit, Queen Silvia, CP Victoria, Queen Margrethe, Queen Sonja, CP Mary, Queen Mathilde, Queen Sofia of Spain, Queen Paola, the Countess of Wessex, the Princess Royal and Sarah Ferguson all have narrow shoulders and Queen Letizia and the Duchess of Cambridge have wide shoulders and the late Princess Diana had wide shoulders as did the Queen Mum.
So, the shoulders determine which necklines are best.

Last edited by a moderator:
The green dress is a great repeat - though changing your outfit simply to board the plane and then I’m sure another change again to land in the Bahamas seems excessive, i guess that is why it is a repeat

She did the same for Belize to Jamaica. I am not sure it sends a great message for the royal tour, seems to be a lot of fashion changes.

Another change indeed: the Duchess of Cambridge in Emilia Wickstead when arriving at Nassau Airport:

** Full view **

The green EW dress is a great canvas for that brooch (BTW the brooch is new to me and it's a lovely brooch!). Those two go with each other so well and it's like the brooch is a part of the design of the dress. The dress itself is beautiful too, gorgeous colour and the shape suits her (always think looser flared skirt suits her better).

Personally I don't care the Tiffany blue EW dress. Normally I like dress with boat neckline but this one doesn't interest me, maybe because the collar/flip turns me off.

Last edited:
My first thought of this outfit is she could reuse any of the two white lace dresses which she only wore once in Ascot if she goes for white. Personally not a fans of full lace outfit especially daytime dress. While I like the hat, again, I wish she reuse the straw saucer she wore in Ascot before so she wouldn't be in white head-to-toe.

I mean this white lace dress and straw hat from 2016, and this white lace dress from 2017

Whilst I generally support reusing older dresses, in this case, the newer lightweight dress with short sleeves makes sense given the temperatures in Jamaica. The dresses used at Ascot in 2016 and 2017, with their full sleeves and high necks, would have been stifling in the tropical heat.

That is a great oufit for her. I only wish she would pep it up a bit with either a brooch or a simple pearl necklace for example.

A pearl necklace would be very nice, but girls of her generation just do not wear them.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: OMG that drab colour washes her out and the neckline and reveres accentuate her broad shoulders rather than enhance the neckline. Actually, I think every dress she wore with a bateau neckline did her no favours. It's a shame because Catherine is, for all her sportswear, a bit of a girly girl or more correctly, more feminine. Overall, the number of changes blows my mind and you find yourself thinking "what, not another new outfit", rather than how well or not, she hit the mark for the occasion.

One notable example of like for like comparisons was the white straight-legged trousers with bright orange/red safari jacket. From tip to toe I loved it, it fitted her personal style looking cool and elegant, whereas the white pantsuit with tapered legs made her look washed-out and uncomfortable in her own skin and worse, infinitely forgettable.

A pearl necklace would be very nice, but girls of her generation just do not wear them.

Don't understand why. And Queen Máxima dn Queen Matrhilde have worn them on some occasions and they are not so much older then her.

Don't understand why. And Queen Máxima dn Queen Matrhilde have worn them on some occasions and they are not so much older then her.
There is a decade of difference. Important. Furthermore, Kate has worn many items out of her age, why not this also.
I mean, I believe that none of the ladies of her generation (out of the born into aristocracy or royalty) has ever worn hats but she did. She why not this?

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

I have adored every outfit I would own them all if possible Catherine has been a delight both visually and as the wife of ate future King

It is not a surprise Kate landed in a dress of this colour to honour the flag - the neckline looking odd is my only complaint

With this tour, I have been won over by the argument that some posters here have been making for a little while, that she could recycle more. I appreciate the point that the hot climate is a factor, but she’s toured hot countries before and engagements on tours are quite similar in nature. As she appears to be a creative person, with an interest in the arts, I’d have thought by now she would have developed the confidence to experiment more by adding subtle changes to ‘freshen’ outfits. She can’t be faulted for the elegance and finish to her appearances, but I do hope she and her advisors start to focus a little more on the longevity of clothes. There’s enough criticism of the royals, and she currently enjoys a very positive press. She really doesn’t want to develop a reputation for being frivolous with clothes.

Nice colour - it was reported at the time that Kate wore a light green dress to the wedding of her brother in France last September. As we never saw pictures of her I wonder was this it - probably wrong but you never know.

Clutching at recycling

I've loved everything she's worn on this trip, but I think this mint green one is my favourite. The design is so flattering, and the length is perfect. She looks amazing.

Lovely colour! But I dislike the part between the bust line and waist line, and the lines (?) on the pelvis area.

That’s a very pretty dress. I love the colour. She looks very cool.

Kate looks pretty in this lovely dress. I don’t care for the puffy sleeves though. She seems to like puffy sleeves on her dresses. Too bad it rained so hard on the couple from other pictures, but the dress held up well to the wet weather that was a big plus!

Oh dear, during the daytime in Nassau in The Bahamas, I see that ugly clothes and earrings can happen to beautiful people. That green dress! Those gold-coloured "hoop" earrings; the shorts for the sailing! Oh no.

Somehow the mint dress looks very school girlish to me. I like the skirt. I like the shorts and top outfit without the belt. Her posture has improved in general

The Duchess of Cambridge looks wonderful the fashion choices have been almost all excellent on this tour.

The Duchess of Cambridge today, March 25, wearing a Self Portrait dress:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **
Oh dear, not another new dress! However, while it is much more Catherine's personal style, it's another "Princessy" dress with it's silky opaque short puffed sleeves, V neck and overlayed skirt of swishy little girl style. Doesn't she have another like this but with a lace top, long sleeves and ***** bow at the neck?

Somehow the mint dress looks very school girlish to me. I like the skirt. I like the shorts and top outfit without the belt. Her posture has improved in general
I have to admit that to me, her shorts were too short for a public On Tour engagement. There are lots of really lovely sportswear to choose for and instead, we get short shorts and an oversized belt and buckle,

I think her shorts look fine and wouldn’t consider them too short.

The Duchess of Cambridge looks wonderful the fashion choices have been almost all excellent on this tour.

I agree. I’ve pretty much liked all of the outfits she’s worn during this tour.

I only like the color.

I love the dress, beautiful color. An elegant dress.

A little late commenting on this but I do like this dress jand I think it would be excellent for further engagements in the UK. It would be lovely if she were to wear it with a brooch - but that’s a comment we often make on this thread.

The first pic shocks me as it looks like a jumpsuit:ROFLMAO:

Not a big fans of this dress, tricky colour and print combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom