The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 30: July 2021 - March 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I need a tutorial on this. I was familiar with color me beautiful but this is a little different

Love the white slacks and red top.

And the yellow dress. Very vibrant. Love the shoes.

I’ve really liked her wardrobe over all on this tour.

How she didn't trip with the white pants just a little too long I thought, I don't know.

The yellow dress is gorgeous but bright yellow isn't a color that everyone can pull off, and it's not hers colour (the only royal lady I think looks good in bright yellow is Sonja with her big bird gown lol).

I like the pattern of the striped dress in Trench Town, but I hate that collar/neckline/straps part, like a random square fabric is stuck here. I prefer the original one from Willow Hilson Vintage.

The Roksanda dress has been one the best tour outfits for years - I love everything about it. The shoulder detail, the length, the material and even the colour. I REALLY hope she recycles it some time on engagements in the UK - it would be a shame to only wear once

Loved the vintage red YSL jacket from the Belize departure. The story she bought it at university was nice to think she dug into her closet, I'm sure she has worn it in private over the last 20years

The 1950s vintage sun dress for Trench town - I appreciate the look, it fit the setting but I don't love it

The yellow dress is gorgeous but bright yellow isn't a color that everyone can pull off, and it's not hers colour (the only royal lady I think looks good in bright yellow is Sonja with her big bird gown lol).

I like the pattern of the striped dress in Trench Town, but I hate that collar/neckline/straps part, like a random square fabric is stuck here. I prefer the original one from Willow Hilson Vintage.

For the arrival in Jamaica the Duchess of Cambridge chose a yellow Roksanda dress:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

And more casual Duchess as arrived in Trench Town, the birthplace of reggae music.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...of-cambridge-picture-id1387162438?s=2048x2048

I saw an outfit on a fashion website- think it was Burberry- that looked like they defeatherd Big Bird.
Love the 2 dresses - especially the yellow one.

The Roksanda dress has been one the best tour outfits for years - I love everything about it. The shoulder detail, the length, the material and even the colour. I REALLY hope she recycles it some time on engagements in the UK - it would be a shame to only wear once

Agreed, would be good to see Catherine use the yellow dress again over the summer months. Perhaps at Wimbledon, or at Ascot with a hat.

Agreed, would be good to see Catherine use the yellow dress again over the summer months. Perhaps at Wimbledon, or at Ascot with a hat.

Oh with a hat for Ascot would be divine!

From the “Deep” page: “Kate Middleton is an example of a Cool. Many have been fooled by her dark hair and tan, but trust me, she looks awful in bright yellow” https://web.archive.org/web/20190312151308/http://www.thechicfashionista.com/cool.html

I personally enjoyed seeing her in this outfit. Really liked the top styling as it is. But like many photos, lighting and position has a lot to due with one's opinion. Saw another picture and was really charming without the bright sun washing out her complexion.

In my opinion, the bright yellow she wore here (as well as the one she wore to Wimbledon once and the slightly different, a bit more orange-like dark yellow she wore on a visit to Germany) does suit her very well. It's pale yellow that doesn't suit her, I think, much as with CP Mary and Claire of Luxembourg, who have got a similar hair colour and complexion.

Anyhow, I love the yellow dress with white accessories and the white trousers & red vintage YSL jacket that she left Belize in. Definitely two of my favourite outfits of 2022 (so far) on her! Both are within her style range but still a bit of a surprise, bright and nice :flowers:

Jacket + trousers: a perfect combination of vintage & modern, which isn't always easy to do. And kudos to YSL for a truly timeless piece :flowers:

The white Alexander McQueen is smart - it reminds me so much of Crown Princess Mary of Denmark's style

My first thought of this outfit is she could reuse any of the two white lace dresses which she only wore once in Ascot if she goes for white. Personally not a fans of full lace outfit especially daytime dress. While I like the hat, again, I wish she reuse the straw saucer she wore in Ascot before so she wouldn't be in white head-to-toe.

I mean this white lace dress and straw hat from 2016, and this white lace dress from 2017

Last edited:
Is the hat today not a repeat - she has similar designs but I can’t recall if we have seen this white one?

That is a great oufit for her. I only wish she would pep it up a bit with either a brooch or a simple pearl necklace for example.

The white dress and hat are lovely, and the short sleeves are much more appropriate for the weather than the two long sleeved lace versions she wore in 2016 and 2017.

My first thought of this outfit is she could reuse any of the two white lace dresses which she only wore once in Ascot if she goes for white. Personally not a fans of full lace outfit especially daytime dress. While I like the hat, again, I wish she reuse the straw saucer she wore in Ascot before so she wouldn't be in white head-to-toe.

I mean this white lace dress and straw hat from 2016, and this white lace dress from 2017

I love the outfit, I’m not sure about the hat. I think the 2016 would be better.

Wow. I really like the short sleeve white lace dress. It looks very classy and elegant on her.

Love the hat style. It really suits her.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 30: July 2021 -

I love the green dress. Perfect for this tour. The brooch looks a perfect accompaniment. Wish she’d wear such statement pieces a little more often. Apparently, this was the brooch given to the Queen from Jamaica , so a lovely touch.
Not a fan of the white lace outfit. It’s an example of the clothes wearing the person and the neckline screams out for a necklace . I’ve seen a pic of the Queen wearing a very similar dress from many years ago. The Duchess should take a leaf from the neckline/ accessories of HM .

Last edited:
The white dress looks a little too night gownish to me. Very nice hairstyle, hat and jewelry. The previous two lace dresses and hats look much better,(..)
Lovely green dress and interesting jewelry and hairstyle. I was wondering if her straight hair for most of the trip was because of no hairdresser, but nice to see hairstyles on the last three appearances

Last edited by a moderator:
The green dress is nice and it's a perfect canvas for that brooch. I was so hoping to see it this tour - I believe it was a gift to HM on a previous visit to Jamaica but never worn. It's a good statement brooch.

Kate dresses are always nice, fit her well but not always the occasion. The green dress was too Christmas looking and I did not care for the fluffy neckline. The white dress, I agree the white lace dress was too “night gownish”. Also the clothing was all a little too extravagant, it should have been toned down a bit, save the bling for England. I do like Kates hair pulled back or up and out of her face. More sophisticated for such events.

The green dress is a great repeat - though changing your outfit simply to board the plane and then I’m sure another change again to land in the Bahamas seems excessive, i guess that is why it is a repeat

She did the same for Belize to Jamaica. I am not sure it sends a great message for the royal tour, seems to be a lot of fashion changes.

The Duchess of Cambridge in a Alexander McQueen dress and with a Philip Treacy hat today, March 24:
The duchess looks simply amazing ,wonderful outfit and hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom