President Patil To Pay State Visit to Britain in October
President Pratibha Patil of India has been invited to pay a state visit to Britain and will be visiting the Queen at Windsor from 27 to 29 October of this year. As is customary for visiting heads of state, President Patil will also meet with the Prime Minister and other senior government ministers.
In all the years of the Queen’s reign, President Patil is only the fourth female head of state to pay a state visit, and is the first elected female head of state to do so (the other three being Queens Regnant – Queen Juliana, Queen Margrethe, and Queen Beatrix).
It has been reported that during her visit President Patil will invite the Queen to India next year to open the 2010 Commonwealth Games in New Delhi.Filed under British Royals
Tagged Elizabeth II, India, President Patil, State Visit.
- Mexican President Calderón Makes State Visit to Britain
- State Visit from India to Spain Announced
- State Visit from India to Spain Continues
- State Visit from India to Spain Begins
- Swedish State Visit to Holland Begins Today