King Charles III Diagnosed With Cancer

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soapstar

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Hermosa Beach
Country
United States
Buckingham Palace has just announced that King Charles has been diagnosed with cancer.

Buckingham Palace has just announced that Charles has been diagnosed with cancer. It’s not prostrate cancer but it’s not revealed what form of cancer it is. He is starting his treatment immediately. He has chosen to reveal this to bring attention to those across the world who are suffering from cancer.

Last edited:
The King will step back from duties as Monarch and Head of State while he undergoes treatment. They are stating that it’s not prostate cancer (though it was found during his prostate operation).

Correction: King Charles will continue with duties behind the scenes. He just won’t be doing any public duties.

Last edited:
The King will step back from duties as Monarch and Head of State while he undergoes treatment. They are stating that it’s not prostate cancer (though it was found during his prostate operation).

That is concerning. Prostate cancer, if caught early, is both treatable and very, very survivable, so the fact they are specifying something else is not good news.

I wish HM a full and complete recovery. Hopefully his treatment isn't too rough on him.

A statement from Buckingham Palace:
During The King’s recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted. Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer.

His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties. Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.

The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible.

His Majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C2-Z6wfM5Ae/?igsh=OGs5cm8wOXV0ODI5

https://www.royal.uk/a-statement-from-buckingham-palace-5Feb24

Last edited:

The press release states that he will NOT step back from duties as Head of State. There will be no public-facing activities but he will continue State business and official paperwork as usual.

Oh nooo! I hope he recovers fully and treatment goes well.

What a rough year the family is having thus far.

Very concerning news regarding the kings health!

The press release states that he will NOT step back from duties as Head of State. There will be no public-facing activities but he will continue State business and official paperwork as usual.

Thanks for the correction. I got the info from one of the Royal reporters on Twitter. They must have gotten their information wrong.

Who would take charge if he did step back?

It depends. If it would be a long-term thing, they could appoint William as regent. If it is just for the occasional head of state-activity, Charles can appoint 2 Counsellors of State to undertake that activity (Charles and William were Counsellors of State two years ago at the Opening of Parliament because the then Queen wasn't able to perform that duty).

There are four capable and acceptable potential Counsellors of State in Camilla, William, Anne and Edward, so I'm sure they'll manage if needed. There are others that qualify based on the law as well but most likely wouldn't be acceptable to at least parts of the public.

Wow! Prayers for his speedy recovery and everyone's ability to deal with this setback.

As for practical stuff -- So for now it's Camilla, William, the Edinburghs, the Gloucesters, Duke of Kent, and Princess Alexandra. Only 3 under the age of 60!

I do think it's time to recruit Beatrice and Eugenie. JMHO

Are their enabling the regency act officially?

Last edited:
Here's to a successful treatment Your Majesty!

God bless our king.

The media are reporting that Harry will be coming to the UK to visit later this week.

There's no suggestion at the moment that the King will need to step back, but they're probably all just getting their heads round things at the moment.

That’s a good question. KP announced earlier that William will perform two engagements this week. He was originally supposed to take time off to take care of the PoW, so it looks like William will be stepping up to help with some of the public events. I imagine the other working royals could also fill in.

Last edited:
Wow! Prayers for his speedy recovery and everyone's ability to deal with this setback.

As for practical stuff -- So for now it's Camilla, William, the Edinburghs, the Gloucesters, Duke of Kent, and Princess Alexandra. Only 3 under the age of 60!

Me,too. But is there any way to do that and bypass Andrew? Also Edward and his children should be in there.

Wow, so many royals they still can count on when 2 major players are out for a few months - no other monarchy has that luxury. And don't forget the most active royal of all: The Princess Royal (and her husband also carries out lots of engagements).

Me,too. But is there any way to do that and bypass Andrew? Also Edward and his children should be in there.

Edward has been a senior/active royal for over 20 years... together with his wife, the now Duchess of Edinburgh. Louise is still at university and James in secondary education. I don't see why they should be called upon for royal duties. Typically, they don't require 16 year olds to step in (especially not if they are only 15th in line to the throne).

Last edited:
what an unlucky start of year for the RF. wishing the king a speedy recovery. i am sure he is in the best hands.

I will pray for him. I've always been a fan of his, such a cultured, lovely man. May God help him.

Note that Blog Real posted and linked to the full statement from Buckingham Palace on the previous page of the thread. As Somebody noted, it clarifies that the King will continue to carry out his "State business"; he is only giving up engagements where he meets the public for the time being.

https://www.theroyalforums.com/foru...part-2-february-2024-a-51262.html#post2594105

An alternate link to the statement:

https://www.royal.uk/a-statement-from-buckingham-palace-5Feb24

Here is the regency law:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Edw8and1Geo6/1/16

Details and discussions of regency issues can be found in the following thread:

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/counsellors-of-state-7928.html

Well, if they caught this cancer when they were treating his enlarged prostate, THAT was a blessing !
Best wishes to King Charles.

I asked this in the Sussex's thread but has any member of the family commented? Also is Harry at all in line for any of this?

I'm sure it will be a great morale boost for HM to see his younger son but Harry is a private individual like his uncle of York. HM's sister & youngest brother can deputise if needed. As of course can The Prince of Wales if required.

I screamed at my phone when i saw this. Kuddo to King C to be honnest about his state and wishing him a speedy recovery. The man is a trooper and i'm sure he 'll be back stronger than ever.

The prime minister, Labour and Liberal Democrat party leaders, speaker of the House of Commons, and the first ministers of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have all made public statements wishing the King the best for his recovery.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-68210644

Last edited:
Worrying news. But good that they are honest about it and there ie no secrecy about it. Hope that it was recognized early and All the best for HM and a speed recovery

Back
Top Bottom