Spanish Abdication Set for June 18
The Spanish Royal Court has confirmed that the abdication of King Juan Carlos I will take place on June 18.
King Juan Carlos will sign the abdication act in a ceremony at the Royal Palace, which will be attended by members of the royal family.
The following day, June 19, the Prince of Asturias will officially by proclaimed as King Felipe VI in a ceremony at the Cortes Generales building. He will become King immediately after his father signs the abdication act.
It has also been announced that the new King and Queen will represent Spain at events commemorating the centenary of beginning of the First World War in Mons, Belgium in August; as well as introductory visits to Portugal, France and Morocco over the summer.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Felipe VI, Juan Carlos I, Spanish Abdication 2014.
- King Juan Carlos Announces Abdication
- Spanish Royal Family Attend Anniversary Mass for Don Juan
- Spanish Royals Preside over Day of the Armed Forces
- Spanish Royal Family host Diplomatic Corps Reception
- King Juan Carlos I Turns 76