Spanish Royals in Buenos Aires
Members of the Spanish Royal Family travelled to the Argenitian capital Buenos Aires this week to support Madrid’s bid to host the 2020 Olympic Games.
On September 2nd, Prince Felipe headed the Spanish delegation that arrived in Buenos Aires. On September 5th, he was joined by his wife, Princess Letizia, and aunt,Infanta Pilar, Duchess of Badajoz.
On Thursday evening, both Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia were photographed together looking happy and relaxed at the Hilton Hotel in Buenos Aires. Earlier this week Prince Felipe told reporters, “I’m not just delighted, I’m thrilled to be forming part of this project and part of a very well drilled, solid and professional team with boundless enthusiasm”. In 1992, the Prince was a flag bearer for the Spanish team at the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games, while his aunt Infanta Pilar is an honorary member of the IOC.
Madrid is one of the three candidate cities, along with Tokyo and Istanbul. The winning bid will be announced in on September 7th at the 125th IOC Session in Buenos Aires.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Argentina, Infanta Pilar, International Olympic Committee, Olympic Games, Patronage, The Prince of Asturias, The Princess of Asturias.
- Spanish Royal Family Hosts Dinner In Honor Of IOC Evaluation Commission
- Infanta Pilar in London with the Spanish Olympic team
- Spanish Royals Attend Pledge of Allegiance to Royal Guard Ceremony
- Infanta Pilar attends Spanish Olympic Committee Ceremony in Madrid
- Spanish Royals Attend Memorial Mass For Train Victims