King Frederik X, Current Events Part 1: January 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 1 of the thread for the Current Events of King Frederik X!

You can find the old thread here:

** Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events Part 9: June 2023 - January 2024 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Unannounced event for the King yesterday.
"In Frederick VIII's Palace in Amalienborg, His Majesty the King received today David Lappartient, president of the international cycling union UCI ?
David Lappartient is in Copenhagen to receive Denmark's official bid for the 2029 road cycling world championship.
The official bid took place at Christiansborg after the meeting at the Kongen with participation of, among others, the Deputy Prime Minister, the Minister of Culture, the Minister of Commerce and mayors from Copenhagen Municipality, Aarhus Municipality, Helsingør Municipality and Roskilde Municipality."

Always nice to a get a picture or two of these meetings.

I doubt the previous monarch would have received him but no surprise that the current one did :giggle:

Today, King Frederik X was present at the Holmen church in Copenhagen, which forms the setting for the Peace Service, held on the occasion of two years since Russia invaded Ukraine.

I doubt the previous monarch would have received him but no surprise that the current one did :giggle:

Yes, as Crown Prince he also took a big role in bringing the Tour de France to Denmark a few years ago.
Hopefully Denmark can host this event.

More from his event today

State Council today with King Frederik
Isn't this his first full State Council as King? The one from the 14th of January was a special case I believe due to the abdication/ascension. Big Day for him! I wish the DRF would post at least 1 photo on their social media. It is an official engagement.

"Danish Red Cross has today awarded His Majesty the King the organization's highest certificate of honor, the Danish Red Cross' Badge of Honor.
The badge of honor is usually awarded to former presidents of the Red Cross, but the honor also fell in its time to the King's father, Prince Henrik.
It was the President of the Danish Red Cross Jette Runchel and Secretary General Anders Ladekarl, who earlier today handed the badge of honor to the King in Frederick VIII's Palace in Amalienborg. At the same occasion, the President and the Secretary-General thanked His Majesty for his support to the organization's helpful work at home and abroad over the years."

"Danish Red Cross has today awarded His Majesty the King the organization's highest certificate of honor, the Danish Red Cross' Badge of Honor.
The badge of honor is usually awarded to former presidents of the Red Cross, but the honor also fell in its time to the King's father, Prince Henrik.
It was the President of the Danish Red Cross Jette Runchel and Secretary General Anders Ladekarl, who earlier today handed the badge of honor to the King in Frederick VIII's Palace in Amalienborg. At the same occasion, the President and the Secretary-General thanked His Majesty for his support to the organization's helpful work at home and abroad over the years."
That's wonderful! Lovely photo as well! I do hope that he continues with the Red Cross as they decide over patronages. He has done some great humanitarian trips in association with them!

That's wonderful! Lovely photo as well! I do hope that he continues with the Red Cross as they decide over patronages. He has done some great humanitarian trips in association with them!

I very much agree! This meeting and the one on February 22 are not on the official calendar. Along with Mary and her Mary Foundation meetings are usually not included. I hope that changes soon, and more official meetings are reflected on the calendar.

Today, HM The King sends his congratulations to the President of Finland
His Majesty the King has today sent the following congratulations to the President of Finland, His Excellency Alexander Stubb:

I very much agree! This meeting and the one on February 22 are not on the official calendar. Along with Mary and her Mary Foundation meetings are usually not included. I hope that changes soon, and more official meetings are reflected on the calendar.

Today, HM The King sends his congratulations to the President of Finland
His Majesty the King has today sent the following congratulations to the President of Finland, His Excellency Alexander Stubb:
Let's hope the new person that was hired that used to be head of communications for the Mary Foundation and currently runs her own comms firm makes some much needed changes!!

Thanks for posting the King's message to Finland's new president. It seems that a state visit to Sweden from Finland is already planned for April. Usually it is then Norway in October. I hope the next one is Denmark - Finland may be the first incoming state visit hosted by the King and Queen!

Frederik held the public audience today
"On 4 March 2024, HM the King held a public audience at Christiansborg Castle in Copenhagen. At an audience, it is possible to thank for an order or medal as well as for a royal appointment or dismissal. The following pictures show some of the audience seekers."

King Frederik visited the DTU's innovation house in Lyngby today, March 11:

Very cool! I'm digging the slouchy professor look. You know the kind. The kind of professor who doesn't care if his students call him by his first name and always dismisses them early on Fridays.

Last edited:
A great visit. One he usually does unannounced (at least on the calendar). Continuing his work with Danish industry/business and innovations.

A few more pictures in the DRF gallery

bigger pics on the DRf facebook
Great photos! Always look like enjoyable visits for all involved. It has now been added to the calendar as well. What a lovely surprise!

Last edited:
Great photos! Always look like enjoyable visits for all involved. It has now been added to the calendar as well. What a lovely surprise!

Yes, I am glad they are adding these events to the calendar after the fact. The earlier audiences with the President of the international cycling union UCI and with the President and secretary general of the Danish Red Cross have also now been added to the calendar.

I'm not sure why they weren't on the calendar before. Are only certain kinds of events/appearances put there ahead of time? I assumed these two visits were planned -- I can't imagine Frederik just decided to show up at the laboratory because he was bored. LOL

I'm not sure why they weren't on the calendar before. Are only certain kinds of events/appearances put there ahead of time? I assumed these two visits were planned -- I can't imagine Frederik just decided to show up at the laboratory because he was bored. LOL
I think it has do do with press access not with planning. Obviously he (or they) didn't want to have the press around at these meetings, therefore the events were not announced in advance but added later.

It says on the website: The list of official events for the Royal Family mainly reflects activities where there is press access. In addition, the royal family participates in a number of meetings and events with, among other things, patronages, organizations and foundations. The overview is updated continuously.

Well, we've seen him in his Air Force uniform, and now his Army uniform. All he needs now is an event or appearance where he needs to wear his Naval uniform, and he'll have the hat trick!

Back
Top Bottom