From the Royal Genealogy threads – April 2013
This is the monthly blog entry with news from the Royal genealogy threads. This time it’s a blog entry with news from April 2013. As always, a big thank you goes out to the contributors of the Genealogy threads.
Royal births and pregnancies
Prince Gabriel and Princess Luciana of Orleans and Bragança had their first child, Prince Gabriel of Orleans and Bragança, on 12 April, while the first child of Princess Felipa of Bavaria and Christian Dienst, August, was born on 15 April.
The list of current (known) Royal pregnancies:
– Prince Faisal bin Ra’ad of Jordan and Princess Lara, Prince and Princess of Iraq. (3rd child, due in April 2013)
– Hereditary Prince Christian and Hereditary Princess Jeannette of Fürstenberg. (1st child)
– Princess Caroline Napoléon and Eric Querenet-Onfroy de Bréville. (2nd child)
– The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. (1st child, due in July of 2013)
– Prince Floris and Princess Aimée of Orange-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven. (3rd child, due in July of 2013)
– Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor. (1st child, due in August of 2013)
Royal engagements and weddings
Sheikh Omar bin Zayed Al Nahyan of Abu Dhabi married Sheikha .. bint Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan of Abu Dhabi on April 1. Princess Anna Jadwiga Radziwil and Jakub Greloff were married on April 6. Sheikh Hamad bin Hasher bin Hamad bin Juma Al Maktoum of Dubai and Sheikha .. bint Ahmed bin Juma Al Maktoum of Dubai were married on April 14 and Count Maximilian of Waldburg-Zeil-Hohenems and Countess Clementine Althann were married on April 27. The engagement of Prince Rahim Aga Khan, the eldest son of HH the Aga Khan, and Kendra Spears was announced on 26 April.
Prince Badr bin Abdulaziz Al Saud of Saudi Arabia died on April 1. Two days later, on 3 April, Princess Amelie of Schwarzenberg, Princess of Lobkowicz, died.
For more information about the Royal Genealogy threads, please visit the thread:
2011: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09&10 11 12
2012: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12
2013: 01 02 03
Other related blog entries: A Look Back at a Royal 2010 Looking Forward to a Royal 2011 A Look Back at a Royal 2011 Looking Forward to a Royal 2012 A Look Back at a Royal 2012 Looking Forward to a Royal 2013 Filed under The Royal Forums
Tagged Royal Genealogy.