Queen Rania awarded the Council of Europe’s North-South Prize
Her Majesty Queen Rania on Monday received the Council of Europe’s (COE) North-South Prize in recognition of her concerted efforts to increase public awareness on global interdependence issues and foster inter-cultural dialogue between Eastern and Western cultures. Queen Rania gave a speech at the Portuguese parliament after beeing awarded the 2008 edition of the North-South Prize.
The North-South Prize is awarded to those who contribute to the defense and promotion of the human rights around the world.
Attending the award ceremony was King Abdullah II, Portuguese President Cavaco Silva and his wife, Maria Cavaco Silva.Jordanian Royals
Tagged Abdullah II, Awards, Official Visit, Portugal, President Cavaco Silva, Queen Rania.
- Queen Rania wins the European Council on Human Rights Award
- King and Queen of Jordan begin visit to Portugal
- King and Queen of Jordan begin trip to Morocco and Portugal
- Queen Rania Appeals for Aid for UNRWA
- Her Majesty Queen Rania attends UNICEF’s Regional Award