Queen Noor receives the Inspiration Award
Her Majesty Queen Noor of Jordan received on November 2nd, 2011 the Inspiration Award, during the annual luncheon of the Dag Hammarskjöld Fund for Journalists in the Dining Room at the United Nations.
Also receiving the Inspiration Award was US actress and UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, Mia Farrow. Both women were chosen for this prize for their work in humanitarian causes, human rights and peace issues.
The Dag Hammarskjöld Fund was established in 1962 as a memorial to Dag Hammarskjöld, the second UN Secretary-General, who was killed in a plane crash in September 1961.Filed under Jordanian Royals
Tagged Awards, Celebrities, Dag Hammarskjöld, Human Rights, Humanitarian Efforts, Queen Noor, United Nations.
- Queen Noor Presents SOS Anniversary Award
- Rania receives Humanitarian Award
- Queen Noor Honored with Global Environmental Citizen Award
- Queen Rania Receives FIFA Presidential Award
- Princess Haya Receives the Steiger Award