Dutch Royals attended Remembrance and Liberation Day
On May 04, the Queen along with Prince Willem-Alexander, Princess Maxima and Prime Minister Rutte were present at the Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam to take part at the National Remembrance Service.
Later they’re moved to the Dam Square to lay a wreaths at the National Monuments.
Were present various government officials and Members of Parliament.
The same day, Princess Margriet and Prof.Pieter van Vollenhoven were in Rhenen to take part at the Remembrance Ceremony for the Dutch Military at the militair field of honour Grebbeberg.
Next day May 5, on Liberation Day, Queen Beatrix with the Prime Minister Rutte in the evening attended the Fifth of May Concert at the Amstel River in Amsterdam.
The concert take place every years to mark the Closing Celebration of National Liberation.
More information and pictures can be found here
Tagged King Willem-Alexander, Liberation Day, Prime Minister Rutte, Princess Beatrix, Princess Margriet, Prof. Pieter van Vollenhoven, Queen Máxima, Remembrance Day.
- Remembrance and Liberation Days in the Netherlands
- Cheers for Queen Beatrix and Pieter van Vollenhoven As They Attend Liberation Day Concerts
- Applause for Queen Beatrix at Remembrance Day
- Dutch Royals Visit Koninginnedag Crash Wounded
- Dutch State Visit to Germany, Day 4