The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 3: September 2018 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I like today's outfit. I have never cared for anything with a peplum and I don't like the current trend toward anything uneven. There seems to me too much fabric hanging from her waist.

You have to look to her roots and edges, not the rest of her hair - those can still be sleek and straight - but those baby hairs rarely lie when someone has been skipping treatments.

:argh::unsure: Aaahhh...I was trying so hard to be good. Now I can't unsee this and have gone back through pics. I blame you and Marlo. :lol:

George Northwood is going to have his hands full on this tour.

Last edited:
I love the top, and trousers separately. I was always told never to mix blue and black.
But it’s way OTT for a sports event like this, and stilettos were a no go for me.

Again it’s dark muted colours, for a fabulously upbeat event wearing foreign designers. Business as usual.

I love the top, and trousers separately. I was always told never to mix blue and black.
But it’s way OTT for a sports event like this, and stilettos were a no go for me.

Again it’s dark muted colours, for a fabulously upbeat event wearing foreign designers. Business as usual.
Well said on all fronts.

I actually really like the jumper, bit just did not think was appropriate for the event.

Same here, at least black and dark blue. Light blue would be a different thing all together.

I like the combo, but would prefer a different colour combination. And I really don't care what designers she picks. Her clothes, her money (or Charles'), her choice.

:previous: I thought perhaps hubby dearest didn't elaborate on the slightly casual "Award" engagement. When you say 'Award' you think dais or stage . . . certainly not basketball court!

As to her clothes choice, I agree. Perhaps when Catherine is back at work they may share notes but I think she is trying not to wear the same as she does. As for Stella McCartney, I wouldn't buy bespoke from her ever again after her announcement about Meghan's "original" evening gown which I really liked.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/fashi...cartney-wedding-dresses-meghan-markle-copies/

Last edited:
:previous: I thought perhaps hubby dearest didn't elaborate on the slightly casual "Award" engagement. When you say 'Award' you think dais or stage . . . certainly not basketball court!

As to her clothes choice, I agree. Perhaps when Catherine is back at work they may share notes but I think she is trying not to wear the same as she does. As for Stella McCartney, I wouldn't buy bespoke from her ever again after her announcement about Meghan's "original" evening gown which I really liked.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/fashi...cartney-wedding-dresses-meghan-markle-copies/

Tacky move on Stella McCartney's part. And I caught the little dig regarding representing British fashion. Makes you wonder what local British designers think about Meghan choosing to seldom wear British brands.

Well, no lie there? She was barely known before she started dating Harry. Why should any designer loan her clothing if it doesn't get them revenue in return? It's basic marketing, not karma.

As for Meghan's clothing choices it would be unfair to reduce a women's royal role to her clothes. It would be like people only talking about Kate's clothes but not her work in heads together. So to only talk about Meghan's clothes but not the support she's shown towards the Hubb community Kitchen and how her support has clearly helped to launch the cookbook would be unfair.

For arguments sake just in terms of her clothes I can understand why people have issues against Meghan's fashion choices and I also believe it's very easy PR for her to wear British designers but in the end it's up to women to decide what they choose to wear. This has been discussed a lot in the fashion thread and I don't wish to replicate the conversation here. She could do better but mostly she is sticking to a lot of the same brands she wore for a long time in Canada and US and now Givenchy will likely feature a lot because she seems to have a great working relationship with Claire. Her style and wardrobe choices will evolve and change over the years as she settles into British life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meghan may have a little laugh to herself about then and now, all the same, Empress Meril. And she also might have a long memory.

Last edited:
I doubt Meghan is holding any sort of grudge against any British designers. Emilia Wickstead insulted Meghan's wedding look, her dress and her hair and it would have been understandable if Meghan never wore her clothes again but Meghan still wore her designs in Ireland after all the comments made.

Well, no lie there? She was barely known before she started dating Harry. Why should any designer loan her clothing if it doesn't get them revenue in return? It's basic marketing, not karma.

Hopefully that isn't the reason of meghan's limited wearing of British designers.

I doubt Meghan is holding some type of grudge. Although it is a cautionary tale of you just never know.

By the same token, one can’t be surprised now if she stays close to those she’s worked with before with few major brands that are well know already. Not surprised that we’ve seen Ralph Lauren a few times. Aside from being an American designer, he ended up dressing Meghan for that trip. And of course rumor had it that Violet von Westenholz introduced Harry and Meghan. As for Emilia Wickstead, that was Meghan showing her high EQ. No amount of apology or retraction from Emilia Wickstead was going to put that mess out completely. Now that she’s worn Emilia again, it was truly water under the bridge. Although I doubt Emilia will become a stable for the years to come. Especially doubt they’ll have a relationship like Meghan as with Clare or any other designer she’s worked with regularly.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I like today's get up. Her coat has a very nice cut for her figure and her matching emerald leather skirt and bag are to die for.

another picture here

[-]Also, I feel E&J's wedding can't come soon enough, because I reckon they are pushing off an announcement until then.[/-]ETA: maybe just an awkward angle/lighting

Last edited:
I also love this outfit, the leather skirt is great and the handbag very cute. I like emerald green. Meghan's coat was smart as well. Hope she's not doing a lot of walking in those heels! She hardly ever overdoes her makeup IMO and it was the same today.

I also love this outfit, the leather skirt is great and the handbag very cute. I like emerald green. Meghan's coat was smart as well. Hope she's not doing a lot of walking in those heels! She hardly ever overdoes her makeup IMO and it was the same today.

I agree, lovely outfit. The bag is smart, as is the skirt. That said, I am not sure the weather is really leather apparel ready.

I am guessing the outfit has been put together by a stylist.

According to the DM, the camel coat was Armani, the dark green skirt from Hugo Boss and the shirt from And Other Stories. Wonder where the bag and shoes were from?

Lovely outfit - very well put together. Just waiting for an endless stream of comments about messy hair. For the record, I think it looks fine with the released strands softening the style rather than a more severe look.

The bag, in green satin, is by Gabriela Hearst. I think it's lovely.

I love the colors of beige and green. Color..yay!!!! lol

Not sure about the skirt.....the top I love...the skirt...not sure yet.

A necklace!!!! LOVE that!

LaRae

LOVE the skirt. Hugo Boss is the way to my heart. Ok about the top. Hugo Boss actually have a green knitted top that is closer in color to the green skirt that would look better. But I’ve only seen it at Nordstrom, and I don’t know if it’s available in England. Yay on the bag.

Is it really cold enough in England for a coat and leather skirt already?

LOVE the skirt. Hugo Boss is the way to my heart. Ok about the top. Yay on the bag.

Not really cold enough either for a coat or a leather skirt in the South East.

Not really cold enough either for a coat or a leather skirt in the South East.

She took the coat off after the walk about. Perhaps it was a bit chilly in the morning in the shade. One of my fellow Meghan fans on Twitter that lives in Sussex, and went to the first walk about said she was in jitters from excitement, nerves, and cold.

LOVE the skirt. Hugo Boss is the way to my heart. Ok about the top. Yay on the bag.

It is usually pretty chilly and foggy before noon. Especially near the sea. She took off her coat after their second engagement, though.
without coat

Also, maybe the the previous pics were just at an awkward angle because that sizeable bump seems to have completely disappeared. haha

I don't care for it.
Same over-large coat.
Same messy bun.
Same outfit that doesn't seem to fit very well.

Although, I do like the color. It makes a nice change from all the dark or muted tones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom