The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 12: December 2018 - November 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice to see Camilla trying something different in hats, but in this case, I wish she hadn't. The coat is a lovely color, though, and the style suits Camilla very well. Look at how beautifully the color contrasts with her hair!

Okay so even Camilla has a millinery fail today too:bang:

Love everything expect the hat. I am fine with feathers, I am fine with beret, but not these two together.

I have to disagree with you fine ladies. The hat is actually the best part of her outfit!
I am not feeling the suit, though I love the color. I noticed it’s cooler tone of purple to her Majesty warm tone :)

Not a fan of the Hat - all in ALL a 'bad Hat Day' for the ladies of the BRF [except HMQ].

The Duchesses of Cornwall, Cambridge and Sussex all get a 'fail' from me...

I like the colour and the frog closures on this outfit. However, I'm not fond of the puffiness at the shoulder and the bottom of the top, I don't think it flatters her. I like her purse and gloves. As far as the hat is concerned, feathers seem to be her signature and I'm neutral about them.

She's looking damn good this evening ! Can't say the same about this afternoon. Something was off.

I agree. I think it was the color. Her purple was a much "cooler" purple, and it really clashed with her complexion. I have recognised in the past that she looks much better in warm or neutral tones, and tonight is no different. She looks absolutely amazing tonight.

I like the colour and the frog closures on this outfit. However, I'm not fond of the puffiness at the shoulder and the bottom of the top, I don't think it flatters her. I like her purse and gloves. As far as the hat is concerned, feathers seem to be her signature and I'm neutral about them.
You have actually nailed it perfectly. Colour is such a subjective thing and many people called this ensemble 'purple'. However, when HM arrived you could see it was an overly bright sapphire blue. A very cold colour and while I have liked her in blue before, this particular shade is positively icy with her smile the only thing that warmed it up.

Ah, the evening ensemble is fantastic. From arrival with her wearing a truly wonderful wrap to the wonderful layers which fall beautifully and are not bulky, and the actual style of the entire ensemble . . . Camilla pulled a blinder and consigned the earlier church ensemble to the dimmest of memory. See you all over at her jewellery thread!

I like both the purply blue hat (and rest of it) and the mauvy-magenta ruffled dress later on. And she does suit those chokers. Anything ANYTHING has to be better than the nurse's cap Meghan wore!

Not a fan of Camilla's hat though I really love the colour of her outfit. This shade of purple is gorgeous on her - more of this colour, please!

The blue look is a lovely color on her and I love the clasps. :flowers:

Not a fan though of the puff of the shoulder, or the peplum. Childish :sad:

And Camilla what happened :eek:I can usually count on you to rock a great hat (You and Max rarely disappoint). What did you do, send to Amsterdam asking to borrow one of the queen's hats, and someone got confused and thought you meant Beatrix's. It reminds me of something she would have worn. And its not just the awful feather. Please burn it.

The evening look is beautiful. Stunning color. And I love the beautiful wrap :flowers:

And I always love her chokers, they suit her well ?

I love this outfit on Camilla. Light, breezy and probably very, very comfortable to wear in warmer weather. I think she does pastels as well as she does jewel colors. I'm tending to lean more and more towards the tunic look of Camilla's top in my own wardrobe these days. ?

Camilla sure has the dress code sussed. She looks absolutely wonderful, cool and elegant.

One thing about Camilla's wardrobe that I like is that she's always consistent and wears what she *knows* looks good on her. Her style and flair are established and she's comfortable in what she wears. No avant garde fashion trends or something totally unexpected but her wardrobe is geared to her body, the climate she's in and most of all, comfortable so she can fully enjoy where she is.

A very light and comfy look from Camilla today. Love the colours together.

There is no dress code in the Caribbean as in the Middle East for example. She must have a skin sensitivity to the sun and thus cover up for herself. The tunics could be shorter and lighter to be more flattering. She could also try something different with her hair

She could also try something different with her hair

She could indeed, but she has had pretty much the same hairstyle since the 1970s, so I don't think she is about to change it now.

There is no dress code in the Caribbean as in the Middle East for example. She must have a skin sensitivity to the sun and thus cover up for herself.

She has worn the same styles in Africa as well. I think she just likes the cool and light fabrics, and sticks with what works with her.

Camilla has a fair complexion so I think covering up is more comfortable & easier for her on visits than having to keep topping up the sun block. My skin is fair too & if I were touring very hot countries, I'd definitely wear loose trousers & tunics & carry a parasol. I have a low tolerance to heat & even when I'm in places like Italy, I cover up for comfort.

I also agree with Muriel that Camilla knows this style works for her so she sticks to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, there’s still time:ROFLMAO:

Is this one a repeat? I don’t remember seeing it before, but my memory isn’t what it used to be.

All other outfits on this tour have been repeats. Kudos to Camilla for doing these long tours without any new clothes.
There really isn’t any need to wear only new clothes on tours, half-half seems ideal to me. Not too extravagant, but still some interest for fashion followers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom