The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 23: September 2017 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did love Kate's fascinator too!

LaRae

Lovely dress and hat, and a beautiful color on Catherine. She looks gorgeous!

I liked this dress in soft pink, and I like it again in cerise.

What a lovely colour!! Both the dress and fascinator are beautiful.

There were a number of red and bright pink dresses among the wedding guests, so I don't think Kate really stands out that much.

Kate looked lovely today - one of the best dressed royals. I really like the color and style and adore the hat.
She stands out, she is one of the best dressed at the wedding, never mind the family and at any other time, I would say she was perfect. But the rest of the family played the 'Family Wedding' card. Catherine didn't and that took some of the shine off for me.

She stands out, she is one of the best dressed at the wedding, never mind the family and at any other time, I would say she was perfect. But the rest of the family played the 'Family Wedding' card. Catherine didn't and that took some of the shine off for me.

I don’t see why wearing a bright color matters. Or wearing a dress that really suits the wearer. No one, no one, was outshining Eugenie. Eugenie looked stunning.

The Duchess of Gloucester is wearing almost the exact colour as Kate. If you look at the group photo it was far from navy colour.

I hear you, but just want to point out that the Duchess of Gloucester wore bright red.

:previous: I qualified my opinion of Catherine's ensemble in a personal observation and it had nothing to do with what the bride wore.

Oh please! Let's be real here! No one is paying attention to what the Duchess of Gloucestershire is wearing compared to the Duchess of Cambridge.

:previous: I qualified my opinion of Catherine's ensemble in a personal observation and it had nothing to do with what the bride wore.

I’m just not seeing why it matters that Catherine looks really nice....

If you look at the congregation of royals theres bright red, bright blue, green, emerald, light blue, cerise, pink, navy and a few colours I can’t really describe.

Clearly no family dress code and anyway, no one can outshine the bride on her wedding day.

Kate always dresses impeccably and today this was true. She looked fabulous. It was a nice fall color and I don't think she stood out whatsoever or attracted more attention than being the Duchess of Cambridge would.

Oh please! Let's be real here! No one is paying attention to what the Duchess of Gloucestershire is wearing compared to the Duchess of Cambridge.

Well the discussion was about how Kate stood out from all the other members of the royal family, and whether you pay attention to her or not, the Duchess of Gloucester is part of the BRF. So that's why she was brought up.

Last edited:
I don't see the bright color as being significant. If Princess Anne can wear eye-shocking emerald green, I don't think cerise is going to stand out that much.

But the rest of the family played the 'Family Wedding' card. Catherine didn't and that took some of the shine off for me.

Are you suggesting there was a theme to how the family dressed, to the exclusion of Catherine?

Well the discussion was about how Kate stood out from all the other members of the royal family, and whether you pay attention to her or not, the Duchess of Gloucester is part of the BRF. So that's why she was brought up.
My point was about the media attention though. But ok...point taken.

If you look at the congregation of royals theres bright red, bright blue, green, emerald, light blue, cerise, pink, navy and a few colours I can’t really describe.

Clearly no family dress code and anyway, no one can outshine the bride on her wedding day.

If you look at the the bridesmaids' sashes and the page boys' cummerbunds you can see all of the colors that you mentioned Rudolph. With the only a couple of exceptions, the floral arrangements feature these colors as well along with oranges, deep yellow etc.. IMO the ladies in the royal family knew that ahead of time that these would be incorporated into the wedding and dressed according to those shades.?

Really fabulous color on Kate (I'm going to call it "berry" although some are saying burgundy but YMMV)-she seems to really shine in anything A McQueen and thought she looked incredible today!:flowers:

stunning - they colour is gorgeous. i loved this dress when she wore it for trooping the colour in light pink very much, but it improves even further in this cherry colour. spot on!

Catherine looked lovely today; the colour of her dress suited her very well.

She did look very good. That colour is great on her. Definitely one of the better dressed guests.

I’m just not seeing why it matters that Catherine looks really nice....

Oh, saying that she is one of the best dressed at the wedding is somehow not complementary?

Sometimes people just want to fight and I cede you the high ground. It is both sad and irritating that if one doesn't gush unreservedly about Catherine's ensemble it is taken as a slight!

That’s actually not a Marilyn moment. It’s just the wind blowing the hem of a dress.

Nope ...nothing blew up..it was just the hem moving around.

LaRae

Not a Marilyn moment, but nice try, Daily Mail. Poor Lady Louise, on the other hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom