Sarah, Duchess of York's Fashion and Style Part 2: September 2017 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreadful, looks like something she kept from her unfamous 80's wardrobe ...

Skirt too tight as usual, and a weird hat.
The color is fine though.

I don't think the outfit photographs very well, but seeing her arrive live on TV, she did look very nice. The hat is reminiscent of a style I always thought suited her back in the 1980s and of-course there had to be a bow in there somewhere.

I think her outfit was quintessentially Sarah and I liked it. Her big smile and very vibrant personality are everything though and she has a beautiful figure.

What a disaster ! She is neither thin or Young enough for that !

Oh, dear. She looks a bit as though she'd been swathed--tightly-- in green plastic wrap. And I'm not liking the shape of the hat on her. It is quintessentially Sarah, however, but that's not a good thing. What a shame. I do like the color, so there is that.

Sorry, but she looked much much nicer on Harry's wedding.

The wind blew almost every woman’s skirts into a figure- clinging state, including Anne’s. No need to exaggerate the effect just because it’s Sarah.
She actually looked quite lovely.

I liked that she followed Eugenie's preference for green today, Eugenie's emerald tiara, the bridemaids green bows and her hat followed the same theme, while her whole outfit was nice matched with her red hair. Eugenie's hair had a light reddish hue as well, so choosing emeralds was a bold and good choice.

The dress isn’t bad. Unfortunately, I just don’t think this is Sarah’s color.

And that hat! Ugh! She cans start by cutting whatever that thing in the back is.

I didn't like the hat. The dress seemed too small (but she has a thing for that) the colour was nice. But she looked so much better at Harry and Meghans wedding.

I didn't like the hat. The dress seemed too small (but she has a thing for that) the colour was nice. But she looked so much better at Harry and Meghans wedding.

I don’t know if the dress is actually too small or just the fit and material don’t work for her. I think she looked great at the Sussex wedding. The material was thicker and holds much better. It was clearly a tight fit, but it worked. I also think this just wasn’t a good color for her. Given Sarah’s red hair and her very vibrant personality, something not so bright would’ve balanced it out better.

I liked the colour, the fit and style was also very Sarah.
But why that extra fabric in the side? Ruined an otherwise ok dress for me.
And that hat? I like the shape, no problem with the trim either, but why extend it to look like wings?

Unfortunately she didn’t get it right. Also her hair, whatever I could see under the hat, seemed messy.
This could have been a good look on her, but I am afraid it’s another one of her several misses

Sarah, Duchess of York's Fashion and Style Part 2: September 2017 -

The dress looks a bit tight. I don’t like the hat style- and I also don’t think it looks good on her. It doesn’t suit her at all.

The color is okay. Neither stunning nor terrible on her imo.

Overall- a miss imo.

Last edited:
I'm also calling Sarah's outfit a miss.

I wish she had worn something a tad bit more feminine and not so figure hugging. To me, Sarah lacks natural grace when she walks and wearing a figure hugging dress like that green one made her look even more ungainly.

Sometimes, when using a word I'll check the online dictionary to make sure I'm using a word correctly. I did so with the word ungainly. I had to chuckle as the definition (slightly adapted) suits Sarah's dress and her lack of grace. "she was as ungainly as fifth-grade boys taking dance lessons in a foot of snow"

Now, the hat. While watching the wedding, I wondered if that awkward bow on the back of the hat in any way obscured Philip's view. There were worse hats than Sarah's among the wedding guests but I didn't think the hat suited her at all.

The wrap under the breast and the bodice was flattering...but the rest of the dress was not overly flattering for her.

LaRae

Not a great colour too bright and the style too tight and I don’t care for her hat especially the bow at the back .....but she had a great smile x

I like the dress, i like the color but on Sarah fon't look very well. And i love this hat!!

The evening dress is much better. Very nice.

An A line skirt, less wrapped, would have been more flattering and still coped with the wind. Weathered décolletage on show not good. Hat ghastly, not at all graceful. Drape dreadful. I could go on.......

The evening dress looks better than the daytime effort--at least from what we can see in the photo. The makeup looks as though it was put on with a heavy hand, but that might just be the lighting.

The mother of the bride in green today, October 12:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Full view 3 ** Upper part **
Nice color but it is almost the only nice thing to her. The hat looks like a flying machine. The dress is blah and does not fit her well.An appropriate lining would help to structure the skirt especially for her body. And in top of that she is sweetting. She should know this issue and wear something inside. The mark of sweat is awful. Was it so hot outside? Or dress is fully polyester?
Sometimes I wonder where these ladies buy their outfits.
Zara woman has better fabrics an fitting

How about we retitle this thread: “Pile on Sarah, Duchess of York”.

Very elegant look for the Duchess in the evening reception!

Can someone post a pic of the Duchess at the evening reception, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom