Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 20: June 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im happy she choose a dress and coat in her style, in Sweden she looked "dressed up". A hat, small pill box or a "band" would be nice, I´m more dissapointed (not suprised) she wore no brooch, she looked extremly plain against the danish ladies..Of course its not new!! Nice hairstyle..

Im happy she choose a dress and coat in her style, in Sweden she looked "dressed up". A hat, small pill box or a "band" would be nice, I´m more dissapointed (not suprised) she wore no brooch, she looked extremly plain against the danish ladies..Of course its not new!! Nice hairstyle..

The pearl brooch against that red dress would have been beautiful but its Letizia and she doesn't think outside the box ,even on State visits.
Hopefully she'll pull put all the stops tonight!

Dress, hairdo and earrings are very classy. I too missed a hat since everyone else was wearing one and as others mentioned, Letizia wore a hat on other SVs before.

Is it my imagination or did Letizia's hair grow about 6 inches since last week and get much more fuller? Curious?

Also ...so far, I'm very disappointed in her choice of fashion for this visit. The outfit she is wearing today just doesn't make any sense to me. a teal dress with a camel coat and a floral handbag?

Is it my imagination or did Letizia's hair grow about 6 inches since last week and get much more fuller? Curious?

Also ...so far, I'm very disappointed in her choice of fashion for this visit. The outfit she is wearing today just doesn't make any sense to me. a teal dress with a camel coat and a floral handbag?

The green (?) dress matches her beautiful emerald and diamond earrings. Similarly to her red dress yesterday, it was likely originally intended to be worn solo. Letizia probably had to improvise coats due to Denmark's colder weather.

The handbag is more suited for spring or summer! I do like the dress, coat and earrings. I wish she would take at least three to four inches off her hair:flowers:

The handbag is more suited for spring or summer! I do like the dress, coat and earrings. I wish she would take at least three to four inches off her hair:flowers:

She looks as if she jumped out of the shower and air-dryed her hair.

Its a lovely green dress but the same coat as yesterday for the arrival Ceremony, surely she has more than one winter coat?

Most other royal pull out all the stops for State Visits.

Its a lovely green dress but the same coat as yesterday for the arrival Ceremony, surely she has more than one winter coat?

Most other royal pull out all the stops for State Visits.

In my opinion, it is obvious that Letizia and her stylist only prepare to a limited extent for appointments and especially state visits. In Sweden and Germany Letizia was freezing, in Denmark everything seems mixed up or it doesn't fit. --I suspect that the casual clothing and the lack of everything is part of the "modern queen" plan that Letizia is striving for, in Spain many people may not notice this or bother them, but when she meets with other royal families it is unfortunately noticeable-One can only hope that Leonor and Sofia do not follow in their mother's footsteps and place more value on their image and reflect the value and pride of the royal family and the jewels

In my opinion, it is obvious that Letizia and her stylist only prepare to a limited extent for appointments and especially state visits. In Sweden and Germany Letizia was freezing, in Denmark everything seems mixed up or it doesn't fit. --I suspect that the casual clothing and the lack of everything is part of the "modern queen" plan that Letizia is striving for, in Spain many people may not notice this or bother them, but when she meets with other royal families it is unfortunately noticeable-One can only hope that Leonor and Sofia do not follow in their mother's footsteps and place more value on their image and reflect the value and pride of the royal family and the jewels

She seems to struggle a bit with winter clothing, which makes sense being from Spain. However, that is no excuse for lack of preparation or improvised coats.

The problem is that many of these visits are postponed visits, the visit to Denmark should have been in March, it was postponed due to Margrethe's surgery and was miraculously held in November, because the political situation in Spain is complicated. The same thing happened in Sweden, it was a postponed visit that was scheduled for another time and they fit it into the calendar as best they could. With so much improvisation in the end they choose to repeat clothes and adapt clothes they already have to the visit.

On the visits before Covid, those that were planned in advance, the clothing was chosen very carefully, always with clothing brands or elements referring to the host country.

Regarding winter clothing, in Spain people usually dress in layers of clothing... in autumn it is common for it to be cold in the morning or at night and hotter at midday, so people wear coats or jackets that can be easily removed or worn open. And in winter the events usually take place indoors, so they wear their coats only on the way from the car. That is why Queen Letizia has coats of this type, and not dress coats like the ones we see on Danish or British royals.

Last edited:
Letizia has had ample time to prepare her wardrobe and bring an extra coat or pair of gloves to Denmark if for nothing else practicality against the autumn chill!

The State visit was for 2-3 days max>

Letizia has had ample time to prepare her wardrobe and bring an extra coat or pair of gloves to Denmark if for nothing else practicality against the autumn chill!

The State visit was for 2-3 days max>

She wears wool coats, I don't think she is less warm than Mary, she is simply less used to the cold. Mary lives in Denmark and yesterday she was the only one not taking off her coat indoors because she was wearing a short sleeved dress.

She wears wool coats, I don't think she is less warm than Mary, she is simply less used to the cold. Mary lives in Denmark and yesterday she was the only one not taking off her coat indoors because she was wearing a short sleeved dress.

Well ofcourse the climates are very different and more so in late autumn.

Could not agree more. And in March one also need warm clothes as it then can still be pretty cold (here in Germany, so even more in Denmark) but also surprising warm. So one should prepare for both scenarios as it often changes.

Letizias hair looks terrible, very unkempt and childish. Like on day 1, she could have done a little effort. The green dress is ok and what with these coats that are well too big.

Letizias hair looks terrible, very unkempt and childish. Like on day 1, she could have done a little effort. The green dress is ok and what with these coats that are well too big.

I think she's looked pretty messy and unkempt in general on this visit.

Don't understand why for this state visit she choose no hat on arrival considering her hosts wore hats.

I am sure in the UK and in Sweden she wore a hat then. Her arrival outfit would've been enhanced by the addition of a hat

Don't understand why for this state visit she choose no hat on arrival considering her hosts wore hats.

I am sure in the UK and in Sweden she wore a hat then. Her arrival outfit would've been enhanced by the addition of a hat

Because it's Letizia she doesn't do hats or gloves and makes minimal effort and makes her own rules.
The arrival hairstyle yesterday would have been perfect for the State Gala but we got a ponytail...Good Heavens!

Looks much nicer with the coat on and the colour of the coat is really lovely too.

Lovely out fit , really like the pink coat against the white/ cream dress.

It's a Good Pink for Letizia generally, but I think I like it better without the coat.

White/white-adjacent also tends to look so nice on her.

:previous: yes it indeed is. And I can't think of any other royals could rock a leather outfit like her.

Back
Top Bottom