Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 19: September 2022 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A flowery skirt to attend Armed Forces Day? That doesn't seem to be a good fit for the occasion.

The skirt is pretty but the look is unimpressive for the event. A ponytail? She can do better.

Letizia's skirt and Felipe's uniform initially made me think they were in Grenada, the Caribbean island.

"It started as a purely military celebration, but became with time a more colourful and popular event, the central acts of which are held each year at a different city."

I'm unsure exactly what people think Letizia is supposed to wear to an outdoor event in southern Spain in June when it is hot enough for Felipe and another high-ranker to be in dress whites. (Other than a hat, for her own sake, but they don't do those.) There is clearly no dress code: is she more or less suitable than the woman in the bright red coat?

She looks tidy, presentable and unobtrusive, and I don't see how muted flowers are inappropriate or strange when they are brought for military personnel all the time.

:previous: You are absolutely right! Why on earth should should the people of Spain expect their Queen to look more than tidy, presentable and unobtrusive. Most every woman I know wants to look tidy and presentable and, depending on the destination, unobtrusive. It is, after all, the absolute bottom line of every woman, to aspire to fade into the wallpaper even if it was the public purse that paid for said wallpaper. Not!

Once again, we see Letizia judge a major military parade where Letizia stands on the review stand, not worthy of putting herself to the bother of putting herself together to even half the standard she does for other day to day events. As to quality of the ensemble, the designer or cutter are not even bothering to match the pattern on a seam and, in this case a seam that runs down the length of the front. Now to me that denotes a cheap knock-off sort of finish, and not what one would expect a Queen on a Military Review stand to be wearing.

I don't see how it is not suitable for a military event. I don't like the skirt as well but I don't feel it's inappropriate. Ponytail seems fine to me as long as it's not down.

The outfit is nice but not for this event and Letizia looks slightly underdressed for this occasion, especially standing beside the king,who is looking very formal.
This is noting new from Letizia who so often misjudges dress codes for the important events.

A really lovely look and colour on Queen Letizia today.

Queen Letizia looking good in her blue wrap dress at the closing ceremony of the XV call for the initiative "Euros from your Payroll" in Madrid today:

** gallery ** September 2021 **

The queen looks really nice and professional and a great colour too!

I think that outfit would look better on Leonor (color, especially). Not one of my favorites on her.

Time to close this thread. The new one can eb found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom