Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 19: April 2023 - October 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabriella looks like the little princess that she is. I love her hair like that.?

Other than the shoes ,Leonard and Sofia looked lovely.

Lovely girls both and really they would have to be in espadrilles. I live in them in the summer too. Having said that I occasionally think that Leonor wears what matronly clothes for a 17 year old. She filled out over the last 18 months and as a result looks very mature in these dresses and she is still a kid.

Lovely girls both and really they would have to be in espadrilles. I live in them in the summer too. Having said that I occasionally think that Leonor wears what matronly clothes for a 17 year old. She filled out over the last 18 months and as a result looks very mature in these dresses and she is still a kid.

Eh, she wore an awful beige-y dress a few years ago pre-pandemic to the PoA Awards and she looked very matronly then. It's not all the growth spurt. She's still finding her public fashion feet, and for an heir it's better to err dowdy than questionably revealing. I'm sure she'll get the hang of it.

Or Sofia will be the stylish one. They're more than their clothes.

Last edited:
I like the young ladies outfits, Sofia looks so much older than Leonor.

Sofias outfit would look better with flat shoes, like at the confirmation.
I think there are a lot of mumsy/matronly dresses for Leonors body type around, we'll see what style she'll go for in the future.

Leonor and Sofia this morning, attending events for the Princess of Girona Awards again today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Leonor's dress by Maje ** Sofia's Polin et Moi dress **
I don't know. Is something I don't like in both but i couldn't name it. Maybe the shoes? Would be much better with flat sandals, especially Sofia who is so tall.
Of both are teens, they will find their style.
Without doubt in the last outing the most stylish is the mother. Normal...

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Leonor and Sofia looked really lovely again today and are very stylish sisters.

Leonor's blue espadrilles worked much better here than at Sofia's confirmation.

Last edited:
Leonor and Sofía tonight at the Princess of Girona Awards.

Leonor's dress by Cherubina is too matronly. Sofia's dress is by Moises Nieto. Nice hair and make-up for both girls. This isn't a top top gala.

Ps: Leonor is wearing the same shoes she wore for her graduation (or whatever it is called) in Wales.

I don't think Leonor's dress is too matronly. It looks appropriate to the occasion to me.

Hmm...showing that much cleavage is anything BUT "matronly"!:ohmy:;)

She always looks lovely in the formal casual stuff but I don’t like the taste in the more formal dresses. But she’s young and she will grow.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Am I the only one who feels that the Spanish Princesses went form looking like 12-year-olds in matching dresses to a wardrobe of an adult woman? No in between ??

Am I the only one who feels that the Spanish Princesses went form looking like 12-year-olds in matching dresses to a wardrobe of an adult woman? No in between ??

Leonor looked like she was 11 for a looong time. Suddenly, boom!

What’s in between? They look their age in the day clothes. Thing is that even little kids now just dress in miniature adult clothes so the clothes themselves don’t change that much.

Leonor was away for most of the past two years. And Sofia still tends to dress very simply and not particularly "adult"; she just now looks visibly "un-twinned" from her sister.

I bet Sofia will come back from her upcoming time in Wales "transformed" as well.

Hmm...showing that much cleavage is anything BUT "matronly"!:ohmy:;)

Exactly. Very 'shiny' and more fit for partying than an official royal event: the combination with those shows makes it even more 'I'm going clubbing' instead of 'I am the Princess of Girona'. Not impressed by Sofia's dress either but less inappropriate.

It was really only after Leonor went to Wales that the sisters wanted to/were allowed to develop their own distinct styles on public occasions. Siblings wearing matching or very coordinated clothing is associated with childhood for most people. And Leonor, in particular, looked young for her age until just the past couple of years - some of the clothes she wore before then were age appropriate for a teenager, she just looked young wearing them.

I’m glad the two sisters have gone their separate ways, fashion wise, because they obviously have completely different styles, even as very young women. It will be interesting to see how their tastes evolve as they get older.

Exactly. Very 'shiny' and more fit for partying than an official royal event: the combination with those shows makes it even more 'I'm going clubbing' instead of 'I am the Princess of Girona'. Not impressed by Sofia's dress either but less inappropriate.

Not sure how Leonor's dress is in any way "inappropriate"; everything is covered and appropriate length except for a minor bit of decolletage at an evening event, and she's not only almost 18, but joining the military in a few weeks. I think she is adult enough to make her own call on that — and I've hardly seen any Spanish headlines screaming about her being provocative or disrespectful.

You could go clubbing in Sofia's outfit, maybe, but you'd still need different hair, shoes, and jewelry. You'd be a club wallflower in Leo's dress.

I'm actually in the "it looks matronly" camp, or like a poor example of 80's revival, and I feel like it would have improved if it were sleeveless.

Last edited:
I'm actually in the "it looks matronly" camp, or like a poor example of 80's revival, and I feel like it would have improved if it were sleeveless.
I agree. It looks rather "80s" to me. I love the color but I'm not a fan of the design, though she looked gorgeous (the makeup was flawless, beautiful earrings and nice hairstyle).

Both sisters have chosen their path fashion-wise. Totally different styles. Btw, while Leonor got her ears pierced years ago, Sofia has chosen not to, at least for now (it seems she's not a fan of too girly things). Sofia's style is more modern, yet classic and simple (more monochromatic clothes, jumpsuits, pants...). Its rare to see her in floral or busy prints.

I like her shiny shoes, but I wished they had a small heel. And I disagree with "she shouldn't be wearing high heels because she is so tall". Be it tall or short, every girl has the right to wear high heels :flowers:

Last edited:
Leonor's dress reminded me of something one of her aunts would have worn in the 80's ,her hair and earrings were lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom