Queen Mary, Current Events Part 1: January 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is. It's toe-curlingly embarrassing, not least because the number of comments in these articles are low. And those comments there are tend to question the premise of the article. No doubt because it's so easy to find and see photos where they are showing affection. Also in unguarded moments.
Some of us have discussed in PM why DM in particular is so persistent in forwarding this angle. I cannot and will not post these thoughts here as they are in violation of TRF rules. Suffice to say it's counter-productive.

And with that, let's leave DM where it belongs...

I’m afraid it’s not just the Daily Mail Muhler, Izzie, Sister Morphine, polyesco.
A few weeks ago Mary hit 100 days of being Queen, so there was some coverage of her here in Australia.
The former editor of The Australian Womens’ Weekly, Juliet Rieden, was interviewed on TV.
She has spent time with Mary in Denmark in the past.
The usual nice talk, all very pleasant.
But as the female host closed the segment, the male host … Karl Stefanovic to Oz posters … said something very disparaging of Frederik.
Around the same time the new official “ Emerald Tiara” photos were released and another evening TV show covered that … The Project to Oz posters … and were very rude about Frederik … ridicule.
Neither of these tv shows are “ important”, but I do think that while there is a bit of a protecting bubble here on The Royal Forums … and that Denmark need not worry what Australian Media thinks … it’s not just the Daily Mail.

Last edited:
I've noticed a general tendency on DM articles on foreign royals is that the average number of comments have gone down over the past couple of years.
I don't think royalists go to tabloids first to get info on foreign royals and with Google translate becoming so much better, there are better and more correct sources of info out there.
Also, judging from the comments there are, there seem IMO to be an increasing annoyance towards the "dramatic" angles presented in the articles. Angles that are constantly refuted both by foreigners commenting on the articles as well as other sources.
Because let's face it. Most royal events are pretty undramatic and most royal relationships are pretty undramatic as well.

yep being dramatic gets clicks and viewership. Simple as that.
Way just report something when you can sensationalize ; )

yep being dramatic gets clicks and viewership. Simple as that.
Way just report something when you can sensationalize ; )
And many of these "publications" or "reporters" speak nonsense and prove just how uninformed and sensationalist they are. Again, deflection and projection. It is oh don't look over there folks at what is happening in that royal arena that we don't want you to see/hear and we can't/won't report on it for "reasons" - but look over here - we are going to take out this rotted corpse of a horse and beat it again and make salty/pissy noise to distract you!

Thanks! Yea, that Daily Mail thing is only good for the photos. They just continue to show how inept they are otherwise full of misinformation and narrative spinning agenda. Sadly, there are too many that swallow all the DM feeds them and then repeat it as fact on places like twitter and some proceed to drag the Danish royal couple or whichever other royal they decide to "report" on. It is lazy and pure gaslighting click bait. I wish people would use more common sense.
Common sense , has unfortunately gone by the wayside in the age of social media .

Let us please get back to the topic of this thread - Queen Mary's current events - thank you!

Queen Mary presented the Léonie Sonning's Music Prize at Odense Concert Hall this evening, May 30:

Queen Mary was in Vejle today, June 2nd, to attend the 30th anniversary of Hjernesagen and will preside over the presentation of this year's research grant and to pay a visit to the St. Maria Hospice:

My mother was in hospice care before she died, and the people who worked there were literal angels. It's such an emotionally taxing job, having to be around death and sorrow and grief all the time, but they do such great work at not only making everything comfortable for the patient, but also making it comfortable for their family.

I agree very much Sister Morphine, it takes extra strength to work in the hospice field.

Mary's speech at the 30th anniversary , where she mentioned the change of patronage to Marie
"In January this year, as you know, a big change happened in our family. This meant, among other things, that our work with protections was taken up again, and in this connection it has been decided – after much consideration – that the protection for the Brain Case will be transferred to my sister-in-law Princess Marie.
I don't think I need to explain why it makes such incredible sense, but I can only say that it will come naturally to Princess Marie to get involved in the important work of the Brain Case. In other words, you are in the very best hands.
I would like to thank you for our collaboration over 17 years - it has been enriching in many ways for me to be patron of the Brain Case, and I will continue to follow from the sidelines. Happy Anniversary! "

A lovely honour for Mary today, June 4:

"Her Majesty the Queen today received the Greenland Self-Government's medal of merit Nersornaat in gold 🏅🇬🇱The medal is the Self-Government's most distinguished recognition and was presented by the Speaker of Greenland's Parliament Inatsisartut Mimi Karlsen during a reception in Frederik VIII's Palace at Amalienborg. The chairmanship of the Self-Government wishes to recognize the Queen's many years of commitment to the social conditions of children and young people in Greenland, among other things, with the medal.The medal is available in two grades in silver and gold, respectively, and bears on the obverse (obverse) the upright seated polar bear from the coat of arms of Greenland and including the Greenlandic inscription KALAALLIT NUNAAT (Greenland). The medal bears on the back (reverse) a yellow arctic poppy and above this the Greenlandic inscription NERSORNAAT (deserved). The medal is worn on a ribbon in the colors of the Greenlandic flag.His Majesty the King received the medal in 2004 for, among other things, his participation in the Sirius 2000 Expedition. Her Majesty Queen Margrethe received the medal in connection with Greenland's National Day in 1989 and Prince Henrik received the medal in 2003 for his great commitment to the Greenlandic people over decades."

A great honor. Mary and her foundation have place great focus on the specifically the children in Greenland.

A great honor. Mary and her foundation have place great focus on the specifically the children in Greenland.
Yes she has. Starting with her Free of Bullying initiative/program via The Mary Foundation. Wonderful honor for her!

I agree very much Sister Morphine, it takes extra strength to work in the hospice field.

Mary's speech at the 30th anniversary , where she mentioned the change of patronage to Marie
"In January this year, as you know, a big change happened in our family. This meant, among other things, that our work with protections was taken up again, and in this connection it has been decided – after much consideration – that the protection for the Brain Case will be transferred to my sister-in-law Princess Marie.
I don't think I need to explain why it makes such incredible sense, but I can only say that it will come naturally to Princess Marie to get involved in the important work of the Brain Case. In other words, you are in the very best hands.
I would like to thank you for our collaboration over 17 years - it has been enriching in many ways for me to be patron of the Brain Case, and I will continue to follow from the sidelines. Happy Anniversary! "
What does Mary refer to when she states that she doesn't need to explain why it makes such incredible sense for Marie to take over this patronage? Is she known for her interest in this area?

What does Mary refer to when she states that she doesn't need to explain why it makes such incredible sense for Marie to take over this patronage? Is she known for her interest in this area?
I suggest the Hospice is named Saint Marie.

Most likely due to Prince Joachim's emergency brain surgery he had a few years back. She has personal experience dealing with someone having brain related health issues.

I'm a little puzzled too as to why our Marie is giving this particular protection. But I suppose the family talk about all sorts of things when they are together and this may indeed be something that is very much on the mind of Marie.
(ADDED: Yes, of course. Izzie's suggestion seems the most plausible explanation. - And the thought didn't even occur to me...)

There was some talk when FX&QM took over whether they would drop the whole patronage thing altogether. Seems like they just slimmed down, presumably to appoint and take over new ones themselves, because most protections must be something that was decided - and handed out within the family by QMII.

Well, nice that Queen Mary got a Greenlandic order but I somehow suspect Queen Mary would be more delighted if the Greenlandic Parliament actually addressed the issues of neglect and abuse of Greenlandic children much more vigorously. The problems there are so serious that Danish politicians have openly talked about Denmark taking over. - To the consternation and indignation (and I hope embarrassment too) of the Greenlandic politicians.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom