The Queen Mary Foundation: 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

It was announced today, January 15, that "The Mary Foundation – HRH Crown Princess Mary's Foundation"
will continue as "HM. Queen Mary's Foundation".

You can find the old thread here:

** Crown Princess Mary and The Mary Foundation : 2007 - 2024 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Last edited:
the change of name is official
"The Mary Foundation now officially changes its name to the Mary Foundation - H.M. Queen Mary's Foundation.

Since the Mary Foundation was established in 2007, our official name has been the Mary Foundation - H.K.H. Crown Princess Mary's Foundation. Now the approval of the foundation's new name is in place, and we can use our new logo.

In everyday speech, we have always used the shorter version - Mary Fonden. And we will also do that going forward."

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3CkSqF...d&ig_rid=b29a2d81-1ef4-48d0-8297-006efc2a44ec

A message and photo from Mary
"
Almost every week I meet with the Mary Foundation's secretariat, and we always get along well.
At today's meeting, we discussed, among other things, about:
💡 New evaluation of our project Together without violence, where we screen pregnant women and their partners for partner violence and offer them help to get out of the violence.
💜 How Free from Bullying is moving on to other countries. Most recently France, which is in the process of spreading their own version of the Vivre Ensemble programme.
🚸 And our well-being and anti-bullying program School Force, which is currently experiencing great interest from many different places.
It always makes me happy that there are many good things going on and we can see that our work makes a difference.
🖋 H.M. The queen"

A message and photo from Mary
"
Almost every week I meet with the Mary Foundation's secretariat, and we always get along well.
At today's meeting, we discussed, among other things, about:
💡 New evaluation of our project Together without violence, where we screen pregnant women and their partners for partner violence and offer them help to get out of the violence.
💜 How Free from Bullying is moving on to other countries. Most recently France, which is in the process of spreading their own version of the Vivre Ensemble programme.
🚸 And our well-being and anti-bullying program School Force, which is currently experiencing great interest from many different places.
It always makes me happy that there are many good things going on and we can see that our work makes a difference.
🖋 H.M. The queen"

Seems like they are incredibly busy with all their programs/initiatives. I have seen quite a few posts about the Read-Play initiative with IIRC pre-school and kindergarten children! I do wish that her weekly meetings were part of her official calendar entries.

From March 21st - Queen Mary attended an event with the Mary Foundation

She Hvidovre Hospital and took part in Mary Foundation's evaluation of the project “Together without violence - Pregnant”.

Another event not on the calendar, but such important work she does with her foundation. And no easy topic, violence in a relationship especially when pregnant is such a difficult topic. More on this project,
"Partner violence is a taboo and nuanced topic that is hard to talk about. But through the project Together without violence - Pregnant it has become a natural part of the work for midwives at Amager and Hvidovre Hospital.
The midwives have been trained to screen violence and violent conflicts in the midwife consultation. And both midwives and social workers in the Family Ambulatory have been trained in holding conflict management groups for couples living with violence and violent conflicts.
In a new evaluation, the midwives talk about the positive impact the project has had. And how it has now become a natural part of their daily work and has given them a common language to talk about violence.
Together without violence - Pregnant is a collaboration between Dialog mod Vold , Mary Fonden, Østifterne and Amager og Hvidovre Hospital"

Such great work that Mary and her foundation don't shy away from.
"- I will continue to use my platform to raise awareness about what is overlooked - what is difficult to talk about or difficult to understand, says the queen to Ritzau on Thursday.
- Domestic violence has been an area of focus in the foundation almost since its inception, and we know that it remains a very taboo problem often filled with shame and guilt, says the queen about the project, which screens pregnant women for intimate partner violence."

Last edited:
Such great work that Mary and her foundation don't shy away from.
"- I will continue to use my platform to raise awareness about what is overlooked - what is difficult to talk about or difficult to understand, says the queen to Ritzau on Thursday.
- Domestic violence has been an area of focus in the foundation almost since its inception, and we know that it remains a very taboo problem often filled with shame and guilt, says the queen about the project, which screens pregnant women for intimate partner violence."
Wonderful quote from HM Queen Mary. She has always stated and proved it by her actions/work that she will use the platform she has been given to be a voice for women and this is yet another project/program that proves that! I also love that she is not just talk about listening/learning. Her foundation has been producing effective results and implemented initiatives/programs almost from the start with the Free from Bullying and the Backpacks program, both still going strong.

The DRF IG has posted about the Mary Foundation event:

:previous: It is really great to see these projects and her voice highlighted. It's horrible that they are needed in the first place.

The event was now added to the calendar. Another great article

Another great article and gallery on the Mary Foundation and the Queen's visit
Screening for partner violence works.

The Queen Mary Foundation released another video from last week's event at the Amager and Hvidovre Hospital

Queen Mary has done incredible work with and via the Mary Foundation for two decades. Plus she's tackled serious issues that some royal women don't and/or won't touch. And from all I've read she is very hands as well. She's done amazing things both in Denmark and abroad via all her humanitarian trips.

The Queen Mary Foundation released its annual report 2023 today, April 5:

Good reports to review.
"A good amount of the million profit has been distributed to the fund's purposes, of which "Bullying and well-being" has received the largest share of just under 12.8 million, followed by "Violence in the home" and "Loneliness", where both areas have been awarded around 7 million"

Very important topics

Good reports to review.
"A good amount of the million profit has been distributed to the fund's purposes, of which "Bullying and well-being" has received the largest share of just under 12.8 million, followed by "Violence in the home" and "Loneliness", where both areas have been awarded around 7 million"

Very important topics
Agreed....very important and serious topics tackled by The Mary Foundation. They launched several successful initiatives last year and looking forward to their work in 2024.

"On World Book Day we recognize the great importance of books to us as humans. Books are culture, excitement, play, fantasy, knowledge and language.
The language gives life to the books and helps us understand ourselves and each other.
That's why Mary Foundation's project LæsePlay starts in picture books to work with children's language development, play and social relationships.
When children are able to express their feelings and needs, their well-being and ability to join communities is of great importance, and here the imaginative world of books can be a safe foundation to stand on.
When LæseLeg showed positive results for children's communicative abilities in a new effect study earlier this year, it was therefore yet another acknowledgement of the importance of books and language - already from the beginning of life.
Enjoy reading and happy World Book Day.

- H.M. Dronningen"

Back
Top Bottom