Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 19: April 2023 - October 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
George, Charlotte and Louis seem to be dressed for different seasons ?

George= Winter; Charlotte= Spring; Louis=Summer :lol:

But overall I think they are dressed appropriately for the activities (not sure if Charlotte was comfortable in shorts).

I would have put George in Autumn/Fall - but yes, very different seasons... but Charlotte seemed a little cold.

I love Charlotte's pink knit jumper.

Prince Charles on the birthday photos released for his 3rd birthday today:

** Pic **

She's still very lovely but I think she is also like her papa and orange is not the most flattering thing on her.

Eleonore seems to be a little more delicate in her coloring versus her older sister, the same way Philippe is. Bright colors are really not his friend, and I'm not sure they're going to do as much for Eleonore, either, versus her lovely blues and some softer, cooler things.

Last edited:
Charles, François, Amalia and Liam at the closing of the Octave celebrations in Luxembourg today, May 14:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Isabella's outfit is beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a delightfully awful color on Christian, although I'm so haunted by his own confirmation I'm just glad when he's in something that fits him. ;) That's how you set the bar low.

I don’t think Josephine’s navy jacket/cardigan flatters her dress, the colour seems too dark and the material is too bulky.

Isabella looks lovely, she really suits that colour.

I’m not a fan of a Christian’s suit color, but otherwise, everyone looks great.

I fully agree. Didn't like the shape of Athena's dress (nor her shoes) and am not a fan of those double-breasted suits and the color doesn't help either.

It's a bit too short. Alterations are usually made by the staff in Zarzuela but this coat dress seems to be off the rack. Leonor is curvy and will need to have everything properly tailored. She's stunning and fuchsia is her colour.

Sofía has a well marked personal style, at first I thought she was wearing the blue version of the Armani ensamble recently worn by both Princess Elisabeth and Princess Marie, but she's wearing something else, that shade of blue is particularly grim.

Last edited:
Both looks fine to me. Fuchsia looks very well on Leonor and love those details on the sleeves (unfortunately we can't see it on Leonor). While I am not a fans of Sofia's outfit, Sofia pulls it off successfully.

Leonor altered the dress and ditch the bowes on the sleeves. I wish she keeps these as they are fun, makes sense though, probably too fancy for the occasion.

I hadn't notice the dress also has a slit, + cutouts in the sleeves, inappropriate for a 17-year old Princess.

Leonor altered the dress and ditch the bowes on the sleeves. I wish she keeps these as they are fun, makes sense though, probably too fancy for the occasion.

Probably too fancy for the school, period. (UWC preaches a lot of simplicity.)

It is interesting to see while Leo's tastes are still pretty girly in style, she doesn't seem to lean towards glitzy — and whether that changes as she becomes an adult and has a lot more social events and public functions to go to.

I hadn't notice the dress also has a slit, + cutouts in the sleeves, inappropriate for a 17-year old Princess.

I thought the cutouts in the sleeves were a fun detail but the very high slit is somewhat inappropriate indeed - especially when seen walking from the side as she did on stage.

I thought the cutouts in the sleeves were a fun detail but the very high slit is somewhat inappropriate indeed - especially when seen walking from the side as she did on stage.

I agree. The cutouts (and bows before they were removed) on the sleeves are cute and in no way inappropriate for a 17-year old young woman, princess or not. The slit... I don't think it's appropriate for this type of event, but in general, it's fine for going out with friends or even to dinner with the family.

— It's a private ceremony, her own graduation, not in a church, and it's pretty much the last thing she gets to do before she signs her life away to her country as an adult in a few months. I think she's entitled to wear whatever she wants to cross that stage.
— After all the discussion about her sister's hem lengths and potential trouble (who would have thought we'd be discussing Leonor first?), you still can't actually see anything scandalous. Just her leg. It will be interesting to see what the gutter press do, considering she's a minor.
— I can't help but notice that despite being a princess at her own graduation, Leonor has nail polish on neither her fingers nor her toes, so I don't think she was trying to look especially provocative.
— Furthermore Leonor and both her parents knew this would be on the Internet, and no one seems to have had any concerns.

Alexia looks very nice in her white suit at her simultaneous graduation.

I could be wrong, but I think the suit is from Massimo Dutti.

— It's a private ceremony, her own graduation, not in a church, and it's pretty much the last thing she gets to do before she signs her life away to her country as an adult in a few months. I think she's entitled to wear whatever she wants to cross that stage.

— After all the discussion about her sister's hem lengths and potential trouble (who would have thought we'd be discussing Leonor first?), you still can't actually see anything scandalous. Just her leg. It will be interesting to see what the gutter press do, considering she's a minor.

— I can't help but notice that despite being a princess at her own graduation, Leonor has nail polish on neither her fingers nor her toes, so I don't think she was trying to look especially provocative.

— Furthermore Leonor and both her parents knew this would be on the Internet, and no one seems to have had any concerns.

Agreed about Leonor. I think she looked great. The color looked fabulous on her. And it was her own graduation.

As the Dutch text says, it is not really a graduation, but rather a "Leavers Celebration" to mark the end of the exam period (effectively the end of their time at Atlantic College). The students will get their exam results later in July.

As far as I understand, in a British-like education system, one only "graduates" from university, but not from secondary school, which ends with certificates that are earned by external examination. (..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom