Crown Princess Mary's Patronages and Charities: 2005 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So great to see our lovely Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik back today. I miss them ... it's not much we see of them and their four children these months due to first corona lock down, cancellations of major family events (as Christians' confirmation), then summer vacation, and now possibly another corona wave. Especially because F&M always have had and have so many official duties that it usually can be difficult to keep up with them all.
This year has certainly been a different and very quiet year than all the other years we have known. I hope the coronavirus doesn’t go on and on. For so many reasons, but also for us royal watchers.

I was genuinely happy to see Mary back today at the tv-news tonight and here online. So nice to see her again - with her just as smiling warm brown eyes and big smile as we were used to.

She’s so cute: :wub:
http://content.invisioncic.com/r388...F0.jpeg.41869e9aeb757637d1070134c65c25e5.jpeg
http://content.invisioncic.com/r38859/monthly_2020_08/image.png.3201a25380280e96b999f328063461fe.png

And cool. I love how she fished a hair elastic up from her pocket, hair up in a ponytail and down on her bare knees so she better could reach the water. There’s not much nonsense with her :D

ADDED:

Article from BT:
https://www.bt.dk/royale/lille-dreng-gav-mary-forsmag-paa-fremtiden-hej-dronning

"Hello Queen," said five-year-old Malthe, who was standing with his mother while his older brother Lauge handed the Crown Princess flowers.

Borh Crown Princess Mary and the boys' mother took the situation with a laugh.

"Almost, it's Crown Princess Mary," it sounded from a smiling Crown Princess who, happy and engaged, greeted the children nicely.

ADDED:

Article from BT:
https://www.bt.dk/royale/lille-dreng-gav-mary-forsmag-paa-fremtiden-hej-dronning

"Hello Queen," said five-year-old Malthe, who was standing with his mother while his older brother Lauge handed the Crown Princess flowers.

Borh Crown Princess Mary and the boys' mother took the situation with a laugh.

"Almost, it's Crown Princess Mary," it sounded from a smiling Crown Princess who, happy and engaged, greeted the children nicely.

However innocent it was, saying "almost" was probably not the best or most appropriate thing to say.

However innocent it was, saying "almost" was probably not the best or most appropriate thing to say.

she probably meant an innocent 'you are almost right'! I do not think the crown princess went home and prepared a hemlock drink for her mother in law.:lol:

From the article: ;);)

"Hej Dronning,« lød det fra femårige Malthe, der stod med sin mor

Næsten, det er kronprinsesse Mary,« lød det fra moderen, mens Kronprinsessen, der virkede glad og veloplagt, hilste pænt på de flagende børn"

"Hello Queen," said five-year-old Malthe, who was standing with his mother.

'Almost, it's Crown Princess Mary, "said the mother,"

The boys mother said it and Mary is not planning serving her mother-in-law the hemlock drink anytime soon...Can't say about the boys mother.

Last edited:
Nordic is right. It was the mother of the child who said "almost."
Not Mary.

And the expression is common in DK when making a not unflattering mistake about someone.

And technically speaking the child will eventually be right. ;)

-------------

Thanks Iceflower.

I see gettyimages used Google Translate.
And I supposed the Danish name can be translated into nail-rocks. But they are Thornback Rays.

Last edited:
Cute post by Mary
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEHYTYnAjlC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

"On land, at sea and in the air - we have to get used to wearing masks. It is important that we follow the health authorities' recommendations together.

Yesterday I was in Grenaa for my first official visit after the summer holidays. At sea and in the air it went fine, but on land it slipped for me and I unfortunately came to shake hands. It reminded me how important it is that we help each other live up to the recommendations. Take care of yourself, and take care of each other."

So, would normally the academically 'weaker' children take a 10th year so they might be able to continue at a level they might otherwise not be accepted in? Or would it also be common for students with higher grades?

Not sure if it's only Roskilde you asked.
I would say predominantly yes. As some 60 % go from school to high school. (Quite a few of those really shouldn't be there IMO another option would be better.) And the undecided.

But as Roskilde says continuation schools, most being boarding schools, are very popular. Most pupils leave a year later, much more mature.

Last edited:
Cute post by Mary

"On land, at sea and in the air - we have to get used to wearing masks. It is important that we follow the health authorities' recommendations together.

Yesterday I was in Grenaa for my first official visit after the summer holidays. At sea and in the air it went fine, but on land it slipped for me and I unfortunately came to shake hands. It reminded me how important it is that we help each other live up to the recommendations. Take care of yourself, and take care of each other."

She is so sweet and kind ❤️
A great post from our Crown Princess!
Mary's authenticity and honesty is why we love her much. Thanks to F&M for never being afraid to show that they too are just humans like you and me. That you no longer must give a handshake (and need to wear a mask) requires practice - no matter who you are. Giving a handshake is so natural to all of us.

Last edited:
Last edited:
:previous: It was an event for WWF, not WHO.

Its a nice outfit, wish we had ID on blouse (was this post meant for her fashion thread not the current events?)

It was a great visit. I love animals and I found myself reading up on the rays.

Cute post by Mary

Great post by Mary. :flowers:

It is so important that public figures like royals are leading by example. They need to be out there in masks (even if outdoors, if they are shaking hands and such with the public they need masks). A lot of people would rather listen to celebrities then scientists. Royals fill that category.

Great event for her as well with the WWF.

Great post by Mary. :flowers:

It is so important that public figures like royals are leading by example. They need to be out there in masks (even if outdoors, if they are shaking hands and such with the public they need masks). A lot of people would rather listen to celebrities then scientists. Royals fill that category.

AFAIK, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but in Denmark, a mask is required only on public transport (as of today). Mary did wear it during travel, on the plane. I think her post was about the shaking hands part.

It must be a very automatic thing to put out your hand for a hand shake at events like that.

AFAIK, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but in Denmark, a mask is required only on public transport (as of today). Mary did wear it during travel, on the plane. I think her post was about the shaking hands part.

It must be a very automatic thing to put out your hand for a hand shake at events like that.

Correct.

Masks became mandatory in any form of public transport in DK ten hours ago.
Some municipalities had made it mandatory a couple of weeks ago due to an increase in the number of infected.

The official stance of the Ministry of Health is that masks are a supplement to, but not a replacement for, maintaining a distance and washing hands regularly as well stay at home and get tested if you feel ill.
While wearing masks elsewhere is not frowned upon, the official policy, right now, is that they are not required in public places where you can maintain some distance.
- We can discuss whether that is enough or prudent but that's the official policy at present.

If there is a flare up somewhere, the recommendation is not to go there if possible. An advise Frederik adhered to when he cancelled his visit to Aarhus.

While it has only been Mandatory for a day, it has been the recommendation by health authorities for months now.

Its sad that some people require something saying 'you will get fined if you don't wear one' to wear one.

My point is, whether its mandatory or not in places, it is important people are wearing them while not social distancing. And its great seeing royals like Mary leading by example. Some people are a bit lemming like, and will only do things when they see famous people do it first.

As Muhler pointed out they aren't 'needed if you can practice safe social distancing' but at an event like this Mary was not. She was shaking hands, so much closer then 6 feet.

As Muhler pointed out they aren't 'needed if you can practice safe social distancing' but at an event like this Mary was not. She was shaking hands, so much closer then 6 feet.

I think it's 1 metre in Denmark at the moment?

My point is, face masks were not needed at the event Mary attended. She didn't wear one and didn't intend to shake hands. It happened.

While it has only been Mandatory for a day, it has been the recommendation by health authorities for months now.

Its sad that some people require something saying 'you will get fined if you don't wear one' to wear one.

My point is, whether its mandatory or not in places, it is important people are wearing them while not social distancing. And its great seeing royals like Mary leading by example. Some people are a bit lemming like, and will only do things when they see famous people do it first.

It hasn't in Denmark though. Up until August, the Danish health authorities have actually advised against the use face masks citing first shortage in supplies and subsequently uncertainty of their effect.

On 7 August, it was introduced on public transportation in Aarhus, subsequently (IIRC) it was extended to other cities that had seen a rise in case and on 15 August it was announced that it would be made mandatory on public transport nationwide starting 22 August.

But I agree with you that for some people it makes an impact seeing someone like Mary wear them. Similar to how effective QMII repeating the authorities' advise about hand-washing and social distancing during her lockdown-speech was.

Last edited:
And finally we learned what company it is: Velux. That produce windows, that reduce the heat-emission from houses and therefore save money on the heat-bill and also ensure the indoor-climate remains healthy.

I still don't quite see the connection between Velux and WWF. :confused:

What's with the purple shoes? CP Mary is usually so elegant. Off-white shoes would have been nicer.

Mary is scheduled to attend the first concert of the season of Odense Symphony Orchestra as patron for SIND, in Odense tonight.

However, Odense is among three municipalities having a crisis meeting today, due to an increase in infections of Corona.
So the concert can be in danger.

For those who follow the Corona thread, DK has managed to quickly getting local flare ups under control by implementing restrictions as early as possible.
A concert hall may not be the place to be during a flare up, so I would not be surprised if it's decided to postpone the concert.

Yes, according to DRF's Website this event was indeed cancelled.

:previous:

You got it right, Muhler.

Reported right now in the media:

“With a few hours notice the Odense Symphony Orchestra has canceled their season premiere which should have had Crown Princess Mary as a guest of honor.

The concert is canceled at such short notice due to a large increase in the number of corona-infected people in Odense over the past one-two days.”

Article:
https://fyens.dk/artikel/corona-stopper-royal-åbning-i-odense

A shame, but this is sadly the world we are living in right now.
Also a festival in Odense is today canceled with a few hours notice.

ADDED:
I hope CP Mary wasn't already on her way to Odense... It would take CP Mary about 2.5 hours to drive from Kancellihuset to Odense, so if they had canceled the concert just a bit later she (and others) had had to turn around and drive home again :cool:

Well, then Mary can throw down herself on the sofa and instead watch a good movie with Frederik and the kids tonight.

Last edited:

You got it right, Muhler.

Reported right now in the media:

“With a few hours notice the Odense Symphony Orchestra has canceled their season premiere which should have had Crown Princess Mary as a guest of honor.

The concert is canceled at such short notice due to a large increase in the number of corona-infected people in Odense over the past one-two days.”

Article:
https://fyens.dk/artikel/corona-stopper-royal-åbning-i-odense

A shame, but this is sadly the world we are living in right now.
Also a festival in Odense is today canceled with a few hours notice.

ADDED:
I hope CP Mary wasn't already on her way to Odense... It would take CP Mary about 2.5 hours to drive from Kancellihuset to Odense, so if they had canceled the concert just a bit later she (and others) had had to turn around and drive home again :cool:

Well, then Mary can throw down herself on the sofa and instead watch a good movie with Frederik and the kids tonight.

Or listen to rain tapping against the windows, with her head in Frederik's lap, in the warm dancing light from the fireplace and the candles, while he feeds her a piece of chocolate - or twenty.
With Jean Michel Jarre's Equinoxe playing gently in the background.

given that she would be the guest of honour, i am sure she (or rather, her team) would have been the first to be communicated that the concert would be cancelled, even being given a warning that a cancellation may happen some days in advance so that her and the team could verify with the organisers before they were on their way.

With Jean Michel Jarre's Equinoxe playing gently in the background.

lol, was Jean Michel Jarre mentioned as one of their favourite artists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom