Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 19: October 2012 - February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The white is stunning but the gloves bag and shoes really make this outfit IMO

Crown Princess Mary at the presentation of this year's Christmas charity stamps on October 29, 2012:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Love the casual look. The jacket is nice.

Love this look... the colour of the sweater is amazing and is a good combination with this coat

Very elegant look for Mary. I love it.

Boring. The jacket is the only "nice " piece.

A lovely look. The turtleneck pullover is such a great color on her.

It's ok with the dark roll neck the jacket doesn't look that great but I'm sure she's worn it before.

I love the jacket, great to see it being recycled again and again.

A bit casual yet professional and nice. I like the jacket!

Love the Malene Birger outfit. Fabulous. Stylish and flattering.

I wish I could see a full length pic of the outfit... I love her hair.

at the farewell reception of Christian Eugen Olsen (took place in October already)
Styleofmary: Goodbye to the Master of Ceremonies

Can't tell much from this picture, but looks to me like the colours are clashing. Is that teal / beige top and grey skirt?
Her hairdo looks interesting from the angle.

Would need to see clearer picture of the whole, preferably in front, to be able to tell anything.

I think the top and the skirt look really good on her, Princess Mary can use this kind of pieces very well! Pieces that seams not to go well together, but then it looks just great on her...

She looks very lovely in that white dress.

That seems to be one of her "go to" dresses. It always looks perfect with her pearl wire earrings. Good choice!

Crown Princess Mary on day 1 of a journey to Mozambique, November 9, looking lovely and elegant in a recycled white dress:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Very nice dress, one her best. Lovely cut and colour on Mary, belt is a perfect addition as well as the simple pearl earrings. Great choice.

November 10, 2012 - Princess Mary in a sleeveless printed dress matched with a grey cardigan. Outfit worn with a belt.

Close up ** With cardigan on ** Cardigan off

Now that's a different story. Not a fan of the print, way too much. Also don't like the cut of the dress. While the top part looks nice, the bottom part looks odd and it ages her.
Nice colour combination with the belt and the shoes, but the cardigan does not match at all.
Not the best look by Mary.

I would see it as a blouse and a simple black or dark brown skirt. That would be a great top.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Ok, I like this outfit...simple but effective considering where she has travelled to...a hot, impoverished African country...BUT I have to say I am a bit puzzled and surprised by her ostentatious choice of accesory...namely the HUGE GOLD bag!!! I mean, don't get me wrong, I think Mary is great, but I just think a HUGE GOLD bag is over the top, rubbing people's noses in it...Perhaps I am just reading too much into it but I really think Mary should take it down a notch, tone down the outrageous accessories and think about where she is and what message that could (possibly) be sending to her audience...I know she has to be the perfect balance of aloof yet approachable, as her royal status decrees BUT...leave the HUGE GOLD bags at home...

Loved the white dress with slim belt we have seen many times before.

The printed gold dress was fine, except for the droopy belt. Maybe if it had been a sheath it would have worked better.Or as a poster mentioned, just a blouse with the cardi and black trousers. The brown shoes with it looked just clunky and awful.
Agree the big leather bag was not appropriate, I noticed it right away.

Huge gold bag? Where?
Isn't that the big beige leather bag she's had for years?

If I remember correctly, thats a bag she has had pre-marriage.

November 11, 2012 - Mary in a recycled printed dress with hair half pulled back.

Side view ** Full view

Last edited:
I like the white dress. The printed dress and the grey cardigan are not my favorite look, and the third look that was posted I cannot access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom