Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 16: March 2012 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks great but yellow is not her color.
You are right. The pale yellow colour is not flattering on her. Brighter and richer colours would have complimented her complexion. I liked the idea behind the ensemble, not the execution. I wish Crown Princess Mary wore better-fitted gloves .

Last edited:
The pink blouse is great.I am not fond of the pant.Too short =too casual
The blue bag is all wrong with the other colors.

I don't like the yellow dress on her.It's really not her colour.
Only 2 royals are great with yellow:CP Mathilde and CP Maxima

Lemon yellow is pretty, but it's too pastel for Mary's coloring. As a brunette she needs a more intense shade of yellow, more golden, that would better suit her. I don't care for the beige accessories, either; overall, it looks too washed out.

Last edited:
I like the style of the yellow dress, but the color is not the best one for Mary. The blouse and slacks are nice as well, but I do prefer the blouse better.

I love the yellow dress! She looks lovely.

I love the style and color of the dress! It has a wonderful flow to it...especially the skirt. I wish we could see a video of her walking in the dress because the skirt looks like it would 'swing' beautifully as she walks.
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/14...CA19AAD9762D11B09DC8190757952E659240E548EC85A

But I would have preferred if she had worn her hair up with the hat and the gloves looked out of place with the bracelet, hat and shoes.

I liked that she tried something different with the dress shape and color that we've never seen her in before.

I like the idea of this look but do not think Mary nailed it. The shade of yellow did not compliment her, and I do not like the shade of beige with this yellow. It was nice to see her in a different cut of dress, however I think something was off with the fit.

the yellow dress was something different, the pleats and looser waistline were springy and youthful. Like the hat but worn a little too far back for me. Great that she wore gloves. I guess they got one shot of her without perfect posture. We all can look matronly with a slump.

May 11, 2012 - Crown Princess Mary on the second day of the official visit to South Korea.

A white pantsuit with a grey blouse and shoes.

Full length ** Close-up

I like the pantsuit, love the blouse and those earrings are very nice. :flowers:

Good idea but I dont like the material of the suit, it looks like linen or something, quite sloppy, wrinkly and not very well fitted. I prefer the sharp white suits that eg Letizia wears from time to time and I believe Mary owns white suits in different material too.

Maybe she opted for linen because of the weather but for me its not a good look for such an occasion.

I'm not sure I like the suit or the blouse.
it's a very clean silhouette - and I usually love that, but something is missing.

The suit may very well be of linen, and it does wrinkle.
But linen is my favourite material, so I'm willing to disregard the wrinkles.;)

I think this particular white suit looks too casual, but I do like the blouse.

I don´t like the pants, the rest is nice.
I would have choose a brighter colour for the blouse, but the grey one looks quite fine with the jacket, and it´s pretty.

Not a fan of this suit; I don't even like the blouse. She doesn't look bad but the outfit isn't one of her best.

Not liking the suit, the fabric doesn't fit to be a suit and the shade of white isn't nice & crisp. The grey top looks interesting, looks like its lace or some sort of knitted fabric bit I don't like it matched with the white suit.

I think she looks very pale - she should have stronger make-up or at least strong colour lipstick.

The top is very pretty when you click on the link that gives a more close up view. I'm not a fan of white suits:0 Mary does look a little washed out in these light colors. She wears nudes very well, but I agree with Annie S that a brighter color paired with the suit would have looked better.

Really pretty on Day2 very cool looking as well[I mean climate wise]. I didn't like the yellow dress on Day 1 though I guess for the engagements it was the right stuff as they say. I am really not a buttercup fan and the dress was too girly IMO.
But I love her in the second outfit and she has managed to find a pair of trousers that look great on her so I am delighted!!!

:previous:Agree that usually her pants don't fit too well but these do and I love the white linen suit, especially with the double decked pockets on the jacket. The silver blouse is an unsual touch with white, and it goes, imo she matches the shoes and earrings follow through.
A delicate silver or platinum w/ diamonds necklace would have been nice. Another A from me especially since white is a very important color for Koreans.
Would like the hair a bit shorter and trimmed.;)

Last edited:
It's not terrible, but not great either. Mary looks all right.

:previous: That sums up how I feel about this choice. I like the idea of white paired with silver, but something about the suit is not right nor do I think it is the best shade of white for Mary. I do, however, like the look of the silver blouse/top, but not with this jacket.

I agree; I'm on the fence over this outfit. A brighter blouse might have helped.

Yes, a brighter blouse would have looked good with the white suit. It would have brightened it up a little.

Fred & Mary visit the Danish pavilion at the Yeosu Expso in South Korea.

She looks really nice in the cardi dress combo. They look like they're really enjoying each other in these pictures.

http://i48.tinypic.com/smbo00.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2w4adfr.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2qbf6e0.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2i6crrb.jpg

This is a very nice combination, even if I'm not a fan of the color of the cardigan. They really are enjoying each other and the visit, which is always nice to see.

Not a bad outfit at all. I like the colors and I do like that she went for a printed look today as the past 2 days have been all solid outfits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom