Charlotte Casiraghi's Fashion and Style Part 5: April 2017 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is just the reception dress. Wish we could see more.

It will be interesting to see what she wears for the religious ceremony.

The dress needed to be three inches longer and only one bow would have been enough. Dmitri should have trimmed his beard much more than he has and his hair irks me considerably.
I understand the minimilist look they were going for, but they just didn't quite pull it off.
At the end of the day they look like a couple going to a cocktail party. They certainly do not look like a bride and groom.

Minus the bows the dress was alright,thought Charlotte would have worn a hat at least on her big day.

Its the civil ceremony. If you look at photos of many of the civil ceremonies for continental royals, they are almost business like most of the time. You don't usually see the full bridal look until the religious ceremony.

A hat or fascinator would add nothing to this look.

Some civil ceremony looks:

https://www.gettyimages.co.nz/detai...-her-new-husband-stefano-news-photo/618383000

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...st-August-Hanover-marries-designer-bride.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...e-Christian-Hanover-weds-Alessandra-Osma.html

http://royalweddings.hellomagazine....210191215/guillaume-stephanie-civil-ceremony/

Now if they don't have a religious wedding, and this and her reception dress are it, then I am surprised they went so casual

Last edited:
I really dislike the bows. Take those off and I actually don't mind the dress. I'm even okay with the length.

The reception dress looks promising. I hope we get more photos of it.

Thank you for pointing that out to me Countess. My mistake. Hopefully she will do much better with a bridal outfit with the religious ceremony. She may go for an understated look with that as well.

I am the only one who loves the simple pale silver grey dress? Okay.

I did think it was a little too short, but very elegant. I had a feeling all along that she would opt for gray today. I LOVE her shoes.

I do wish Dimitri had worn a black suit .
We are two to love it then ! The colour is very flattering and the shoes to die for !

I actually really dig her civil wedding dress. It´s cute and different but she looks very chic and effortless in it. You can tell she feels really comfortable in it, which is always a good look.

:previous: Now THAT is Charlotte Casiraghi, firing on all cylinders!?

How on earth did they get her hair like that...assuming it wasn't cut?

The dress looks divine, what little of it can be seen...

Grandmother's but yes stunning. The piece is one often seen in the exhibitions.

She looks amazing at the evening reception. I wish we could see more of it.

Now THAT is Charlotte Casiraghi, firing on all cylinders!

How on earth did they get her hair like that...assuming it wasn't cut?

The dress looks divine, what little of it can be seen...

Yes beautiful faux bob. I assume, considering her long hair earlier that day, its simply styling. Though I guess she could of chopped it off when getting ready.

There are how to videos. A great hair stylist would have no issue

YSL posted on their insta that the civil ceremony dress was by them... not giambatista

She looked amazing in both outfits. Definitely loving her grandmothers necklace on her.

Its possible Valli did her evening look, or simply was just a guest at the wedding :flowers:

Wouldn't be the first bride to wear two different designers on wedding day.

Thank you lady Finn for that breathtaking photo! The dress is an updated take on the classic strapless and I love the white satin and the cinched in waist which gives some hips to the design. Also, the bodice distracts from the usual fit problems with strapless. How did they do that hair? The whole look is channeling Princess Grace of course, and the focus is successfully on the necklace. It is her posture which is always a factor.

Here's a photo of the reception dress in full length.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByNV2C4HcaL/

It seems the only changes they made to the runway version is the colour & the length. You can still see her ankles from the front.

And I don't know how to put it in a nicer way: the satin doesn't look the best in terms of quality? Maybe it's because of the design, or maybe it's just because the dress has been worn for a long time... It just doesn't feel LUXURIOUS to me.

I adore the civil ceremony dress. Civil ceremonies present so many tough choices: color, suit/dress, length, spare/decorated...

This to me is in the Charlotte C aisle of fashion. Decorated and leaning toward baroque. In the end I always ask, will I love it 20 years from now and the answer is Yes!

Admittedly, not for other families, but perfect for her!

And I like the reception dress except for the bodice. The elongation of those poofs (what else to call them) to above the breast plays a trick on my eye and makes her look saggy (no better way to say it). And we know her to be in perfect shape. But I do really enjoy the folds and cut of the bodice, otherwise.

Charlotte Casiraghi's Fashion and Style Part 5: April 2017 -

I don’t really care for the reception dress either. It looks like there’s a slit up the middle of the skirt, which I don’t care for. Or the bob hairstyle for a wedding look. Her necklace is lovely, but that’s about the only part of the look I really like. The bodice doesn’t quite work either. There’s something off about it. The poofs/fold over (?) and cut of the bodice is part of it.

The more I look at the civil service dress, the more I realize it is the bows that ruin it. Take away the 3 enormous bows- and it is a beautiful, simple, elegant dress. But the bows overwhelm and ruin it imo. Her hair and make up are lovely.

Last edited:
The evening dress wasn't good either. The top part especially is horrible and it and the rest don't suit together at all. The good thing at her was her necklace.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=2e56ac6cc015595315bb23dfcbe0b6c0&oe=5D9CF036

I think she looks gorgeous..like out of a film.

And that photo of her and Dimitri on the balcony of La Vigie is perfection.

This is the same spot where Lagerfeld took those famous photos of Caroline, Stefano and their children not long before Stefano's fatal accident.

So it's a poignant choice for Charlotte and Dimitri.

I only like the necklace! I do not like the dress, doesn't look a wedding dress for me!

Honestly, on this her wedding day, she could wear a paper bag and look gorgeous.

That said, she looks stunning & elegant in that simple white gown with that sleek & sophisticated bob, topped off with Princess Grace's jewels. :cool:

Whomever coiffed Charlotte for her wedding evening deserves some type of award. Her faux bob seemed to defy gravity even when she was hopping around on the dance floor...perfect!?

She looks cute! Perfect dress for after just getting married.

:previous: I agree! In fact I think she has hit a home run for her entire civil wedding weekend!?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom