The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 1: September 2022 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: It is indeed a lovely coat and dress. However, its "nod" to Ukraine is minimal and the dress is more about fashion than support. It is the "see-through" top and bottom that makes it the dress it is and I would have thought it a little too light to be wearing at this time of the year which is why I think the coat is the star and frames the front of the dress while without it, the very small dots just look dizzying.

ps: She is definitely leading the charge for the comeback of the camel coat. It looks so good with her colouring.

As a pillow hat lover I wish she wear more pillbox! When I see she wear something looks like a pillow hat at front I have to double check to see is it a weird donut hat:D. And yes the hairstyle works for her and the pillbox. The colour is beautiful even though I don't think it goes well with her brooch.

Really lovely and polished and a great colour on Catherine too.

Minimal jewels but with brooch added its very effective and a nice finishing touch,others could take note for future reference.

One word- flawless!

The color is stunning on her. She looks perfect from head to toe!!!

The DM describes it as purple, but it looks like magenta to me.
But she really looks best in autumnal colors.

Catherine looks wonderful. I think the style of the dress and the color suit her perfectly, and the brooch is the perfect added touch.

She looks great. The color looks stunning on her. Love the hat.

The colour is great! The skirt could have been a tad bit shorter.

But what is with her eyebrow? Since when does it look constantly raised?

I like the style of the outfit, but I'm honestly not sure I think all black is a good look on her in this case. Perhaps it's just the lighting, though.

I really like this outfit, but it screams out for a necklace or brooch. The earring are gorgeous.

I like the style of the outfit, but I'm honestly not sure I think all black is a good look on her in this case. Perhaps it's just the lighting, though.

On my iPad, the suit appears to be deep purple!

PS DM calls it ‘midnight blue’, as does Saks Fifth Avenue.

Last edited:
It's a nice suit, but even as blue, the color does not seem particularly flattering on Catherine.

Probably the lighting, then. It's always hard to tell with these photos.

I love the two yesterday's outfits.... Blue suits her.

William and Catherine are at the Boston Celtics game tonight. Slight complaint, but they could have put on some more casual clothes for sitting courtside at an NBA game. I mean, put on some jeans and sneakers, at least.

The Princess of Wales Alexander McQueen arriving in Boston today, November 30:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **
While I like the pants suit I think the turtleneck jumper under it was just plain too plain! Her ensemble screamed for something to break up in the dark, a necklace or brooch would have been lovely, but I have to admit to grinding my teeth when she put her hair behind her ear and we all saw that gorgeous sapphire drop earring.

I was so disappointed about her presentation wanted to scream at her about hiding her light under a bushel with such an uninspiring ensemble and then she oh so very casually tucks her hair behind her ear while smiling for the perfect shot! Playing with the media is never a good idea and to pull this little stunner she had to really play down her ensemble to knock their socks off.

Somehow I don't believe that was a wise move as her fantastic earrings looked OTT and she came across as shallow and that is not what they are in the US for. I was expecting casual classic or elegant chic, but this delivered neither.

However the outfit, earrings, etc, I wish I looked that good in that style of pants.

Last edited:

That’s what it looks like on my iPhone too! lol

It looks great on her. Fit, style, etc.

William and Catherine are at the Boston Celtics game tonight. Slight complaint, but they could have put on some more casual clothes for sitting courtside at an NBA game. I mean, put on some jeans and sneakers, at least.

I think they fit in with who they were sitting with. Similar outfits. And Catherine re-wore her lovely vintage Chanel.

Here are the other two looks of November 30:

At the basketball game:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

At the kick off of the Earthshot celebrations:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Full view **

I really like this dress. Just lovely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the other two looks of November 30:

At the basketball game:

At the kick off of the Earthshot celebrations:

Catherine looked wonderful for both events and the styling was perfect.

Well Catherine can certainly rock casual if the occasion demands, but in this case she is very much in line with the fellow guests surrounding her As such, I think if she’d worn jeans, the media would likely have criticised her for insulting her hosts by dressing down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom