The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 1: September 2022 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I like the pant suits, just prefer a slightly wider trouser leg, but she can wear any style of trouser and look good - lucky lady.

Yes, I like the pant suits, just prefer a slightly wider trouser leg, but she can wear any style of trouser and look good - lucky lady.

I think she is so thin that really wiper trousers just swamp her and make her look square. The cigarette style looks good on her.

Love the dress! Karen Millen has always been one of my favorites. I wish she did wear a bracelet or 2 to accessorize.

Lovely dress and perfect for the season, but I agree, it needs accessorising - perhaps a pendant necklace.

A great color that suits her well and is a nice bridge between the summer and fall color palate.

Good point. It’s a great fall color. I don’t think she’s worn this color before. She’s worn a lot of bright yellow.

The dress looks really good on her. Fits well.

Love the combination of navy blue and mustard yellow.

Love the combination of navy blue and mustard yellow.

Absolutely! She looks great in that color. I could never pull off any shade of yellow (I'm on the fluffy side, and fluffy people shouldn't wear yellow). As someone who loves wearing heels but hates how her feet feel after wearing them, I'd love to know her secret to wearing high, thin heels like that and walking gracefully. I always look like Bambi on the ice. :lol: :lol:

Mustard is definitely not an easy colour to pull off (I cannot do it) but it really works on her here. Really nice for the start of Autumn and nice to see her branching out a little.

Mustard is a really tricky colour and not necessarily hers colour (see the disaster she wore in Sweden) and I think the navy here really does help to soften the mustard. If she does it like what she usually did (wearing same colour from head to toe) then it could be another disaster. (Well not every colour works with mustard though...:whistling:*cough*Mathilde*cough*)

Love the dress! Karen Millen has always been one of my favorites. I wish she did wear a bracelet or 2 to accessorize.

Special care baby units are bare from elbow so she wouldn’t have been allowed to be wear them.

:previous:

A nice splash of colour! ? The Princess of Wales wore a Karen Millen dress:

Really lovely colour and dress but hope the Princess wasn't too cold as its October!

Really lovely colour and dress but hope the Princess wasn't too cold as its October!

It's actually been pretty warm today in London and the south east a lovely autumnal day, although it's showering on and off where I am now it's still not cold. So a short-sleeved dress works for me.

I think a brightly coloured dress in a colour such as mustard is displaying a certain confidence on the part of the Princess. In the past, she has been pretty conservative in her choice and style of apparel. This is not a choice, IMO, she would have made five years ago.

First time in a very long while that I can say, yes. I like what she wore.
The dress (YAY it was a DRESS!! I am team dress and hate pantsuits) was not too long, the colour was nice, the hair was nicely done and not just flat and overlong. And yellow and blue always go good together.

I'm still not sure this shade of yellow is her color, either. Pastel and metallic gold look very nice on her, but anything else....? Maybe if this skewed more to brown.

I'm still not sure this shade of yellow is her color, either. Pastel and metallic gold look very nice on her, but anything else....? Maybe if this skewed more to brown.

I'm with you. I am not fond of the color. The dress itself is beautiful.

It amazes me how the Royal ladies all seem able to walk in those stiletto heels!

It amazes me how the Royal ladies all seem able to walk in those stiletto heels!
I wore high stiletto heels for most of my adult life, for work and evenings out. I just became used to them but I don't wear them now as I'm in my late 60s and I don't want to look like 'mutton'. Several of my best shoes are still stilettos but more the height Camilla wears. I live on the coast so these days I'm mostly in flip-flops, walking boots or wellies!

I think a brightly coloured dress in a colour such as mustard is displaying a certain confidence on the part of the Princess. In the past, she has been pretty conservative in her choice and style of apparel. This is not a choice, IMO, she would have made five years ago.
I'm not sure I would equate this color with a new found confidence. She has never been one to shy away from color. From day one she has worn bright and vibrant colors.

I like this mustard-color dress, and I agree that it's not an easy color to wear, it can be either a disaster or a success. The dress design is nice and fits her nicely.

Not liking the color of her hair. Always loved her with a more darker brown than lighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom