The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 5: November 2019 - April 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definitely catching a retro "Audrey Hepburn" mode going on here. I think it looks fabulous on Meghan and I absolutely adore that hat on her. This is from a person that doesn't like hats whatsoever and won't wear one usually too. :D

I couldn't remember off hand where I'd gotten the idea of Audrey Hepburn and that hat going together so I did some digging and found this picture. Its somewhat similar to what Meghan wore.

https://i.etsystatic.com/5695102/r/il/1050b4/721165090/il_794xN.721165090_71bs.jpg

Last edited:
She looks great but the hat makes the entire outfit. It is perfect...elegant and appropriate !

I am so happily she is not wearing another beret, which does not suit her at all, imo.

I think Meghan looked good. The style of hat worked really well for the event. Not a fan of her wearing a waist defining belt.

Do we know who the couturier was?

I think Meghan looked good. The style of hat worked really well for the event. Not a fan of her wearing a waist defining belt.

Do we know who the couturier was?

According to What Meghan wore, Stella McCartney. And the hat seems to be Stephen Jones.

so for those who count the British designers like badges:
-Philip treacy hat and Mellon boots Thursday (and Canadian coat)
-Erdem last night
-Stella McCartney and Stephen Jones today

https://whatmeghanwore.net/2019/11/...ella-mccartney-for-second-remembrance-sunday/

Last edited:
:previous: Thank you Countessmeout. I want the DoS to appoint Jones her Official Milliner.;)

According to What Meghan wore, Stella McCartney. And the hat seems to be Stephen Jones.

so for those who count the British designers like badges:
-Philip treacy hat and Mellon boots Thursday (and Canadian coat)
-Erdem last night
-Stella McCartney and Stephen Jones today

https://whatmeghanwore.net/2019/11/...ella-mccartney-for-second-remembrance-sunday/

Wearing Stella McCartney, Stephen Jones and Erdem for these last two events was very well done of Meghan, and shows that she is making the effort. I'm happy to see it. The shoes and jewelry seem to mainly be of interest to dedicated (fanatical?) royal watchers, so I personally don't think it matters as much in terms of the optics. YMMV.

Last edited:
Meghan really has been stunning the last few days. Might not have been a fan of all her outfits but her aura has been out of this world. She just looks so relaxed and free. It has been nice to see.

A few posts / comments have been edited to remove the beginning of a bickering argument.

I thought the moderating team had already made this point, but I cannot find it in any of the Duchess of Sussex's threads, so I will make it now:

Enough with the designer British/foreign point scoring. At this point, everyone is aware of every poster's thoughts on the matter and further posts are simple repetitive. Any posts which do not provide constructive commentary on the topic of designers will be removed going forward.

While I am not over fussed with the lace at the neckline, overall the ensemble is very elegant and the hat, in particular, is spectacular. I would have thought it a personal best for her except that she didn't wear any earrings and it made it look unfinished. This would have been a perfect time to wear her pearl and diamond earrings.

:previous:yes, those earrings would have perfect. The hat fits her.beautifully and the little bow on it is a nice touch. She should stay away from bells and stick with a line looks for her figure. She is a little shorter than average like Sophie and is top heavy like her too.

Meghan really has been stunning the last few days. Might not have been a fan of all her outfits but her aura has been out of this world. She just looks so relaxed and free. It has been nice to see.

I think that is right, I think she has looked very much at peace and calm, and that, to me, has really enhanced her appearance over the last few days.

I love her Phillip Treacy hats too so she should keep both designers on board for hats!

She really isn't much for jewelry is she....would of loved a necklace the other night and earrings yesterday!

LaRae

Stella McCartney has taken some flack for pointing out that Meghan was wearing her coat yesterday.

However Stewart Pravin has also said he dressed The Queen so I don’t really see the issue.

Meghan looked fantastic at yesterday's ceremony. Very elegant and sophisticated.

I think that is right, I think she has looked very much at peace and calm, and that, to me, has really enhanced her appearance over the last few days.
I agree. I was furious when I heard commentaries that included body language experts and more than a few weighed in on all engagements over these really poignant events. Needless to say, none of them saw or felt her utter serenity on the balcony. Her ensemble would have seemed too stark without it.

I don’t like the belt but I love the coat. Beautiful and elegant.

The skirt has been ID'd as Massimo Dutti by the Daily Mail. The Camel Coat is Stella McCartney. Shoes are Jimmy Choo.

Edit: 5pm we have our final ID which is the roll neck top is from high street brand H&M.

Last edited:
So far I'm seeing Stella M coat, Jimmy Choo velvet pumps and the skirt is by Massimo Dutti.

Jewelry is her Milka Kismet dangle bracelet and her Hera/Herra (?) earrings.

LaRae

I really like the colors and I love the shoes.
But the shoes and skirt give me an evening vibe, velvet and satin.

I really like the colors and I love the shoes.
But the shoes and skirt give me an evening vibe, velvet and satin.

Nice look. There was a bit of an evening vibe, but I think she could get away with it in the January afternoon lighting.

I thought the hair was a bit of a mess, but that may be down to my personal preference for "neat" hairstyles when out for work.

Brown is a tricky color to pull off. It's like yellow. It has to be the right shade to flatter your skin tone, otherwise, you'll look terrible. I think Meghan looked great. A satin skirt and velvet shoes can say "evening wear," but paired with the sweater and the way she styled her hair, it was fine for daytime. Now, if she had on a dressier top or had her hair pinned up, then I'd say it was too much for the afternoon.

Brown is a tricky color to pull off. It's like yellow. It has to be the right shade to flatter your skin tone, otherwise, you'll look terrible. I think Meghan looked great. A satin skirt and velvet shoes can say "evening wear," but paired with the sweater and the way she styled her hair, it was fine for daytime. Now, if she had on a dressier top or had her hair pinned up, then I'd say it was too much for the afternoon.

The look is not too different, IMO, to her wearing shades of maroon / red's for an engagement at Windsor castle in the autumn.

Not a huge fan of these colors on her. All over brown with varying textures just doesn't do it for me. If the skirt had been a black wool a-line, I would have been okay with it. Also, IMO, she desperately needs a hair cut. Her makeup and skin do look great though.

Nice outfit. I really like that skirt.

Gotta love myself a good brown. Maybe a few too many different browns, but I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom