The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 12: December 2018 - November 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camilla doesn't appear to travel with a LIW and I noticed the last time sh used a flatish clutch. I am picking lipstick, compact, handkerchief, foldable comb or brush, mints and her wallet. Camilla always seems to buy something at Country Fairs, stalls or Fundraisers. HM carries money for church and a bag hook and who knows what Catherine or Meghan have.

Camilla is usually accompanied on public engagements by her assistant, Amanda McManus (or similar name).

Camilla does not come across to me as a fashion victim, and carrying a clutch bag because that it happens to be on-trend. She has long been a user of clutch bags, pre-dating her marriage to Charles. She may have a few things in her bag, but clearly, she can get what she wants into her clutch bags.

I've noticed that about Camilla. She always finds something that she wants to take home with her and buys it. For the grandkids or whatever. She also recycles her clothes a lot like Anne does. Living in Charles' household, knowing how Charles has his clothes very well taken care of, I imagine that also applies to Camilla's. Not only is this couple comfortable together like comfortable old shoes, they also *wear* comfortable old shoes that are well maintained. :D

For the younger female royals, I'd put a cell phone in their purses. For the Queen, she also uses her purse to send "signals". A woman just isn't complete without her purse to carry things. Its only been lately I've given up carrying mine which for most of my lifetime, could weigh me down in a gale force wind. My motto is "have book, will travel". Now I just have pockets big enough to stash a book in. :lol:

Duh!! ? cellphones, they all have them so it makes sense they would each carry. One.

Either way, I like Camilla's wee black handbag. It looked nice with her coat and boots. I wonder whose it was?

Camilla looks gorgeous on both occasions. The library event sounds like a perfect engagement for her!

Mmm.. not quite feeling this outfit, it looks a bit worn out. I feel Catherine did the tartan coat better IMO.
I do like the cape,but the color doesn’t work with the skirt and coat.

Last edited:
I'm not quite feeling it, either. I don't think it looks worn out as much as a little muddled: too much going on with the gloves and the cape and the pleated skirt. It's a much better and stronger impression without the cape.

The Duchess of Cornwall elegant in black attended a Service of Thanksgiving for Lord Carrington at Westminster Abbey today, January 31:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
Elegant indeed! No one does these huge hats better than Camilla, except possibly Maxima. Camilla looks lovely.

Elegant indeed! No one does these huge hats better than Camilla, except possibly Maxima. Camilla looks lovely.

Agreed. Very, very elegant.

Camilla, always at her best in Formal.

The Duchess of Cornwall elegant in black attended a Service of Thanksgiving for Lord Carrington at Westminster Abbey today, January 31:

Bless you Camilla for showing us how black on black is supposed to be done, and more than anything wearing such color scheme for the correct event.

Also, this is the third coat she has worn that has those details on the side and I quite like the shiness in the flaps (sorry post night shift brain not working), I quite like it! Any idea who the designer is?
Also: that is one fantastic hat!

I like this suit, and I think the cape jacket looks better with this than with the previous pairing. However, I think the cape jacket would have looked better without the fur cuffs that are on the gloves. It's still a bit fussy instead of clean and crisp.

I can't argue with the color of the suit, though! That's a fantastic color on Camilla.

:previous:

The jackets with those side details are by Bruce Oldfied (see on page 1 of this thread), but I don't know if the coat is by Bruce Oldfied as well..

Camille wore another nice combination for a visit to the Royal Academy of Arts later today:

** Full view with her special cape jacket ** Full view ** Upper part **

Thank you!! I’ll have to check it out.

Is that second outfit color azure or purple? I like both colors but the pics where it is purple looking flatter her far better than the Azure.
I agree the gloves with the cape do not work.. I would have skipped the cape to be honest.

While I love the details of the final dress and color.. neither in the 90’s (when I was a mere tween) nor now do I get the appeal of velvet as a clothing fabric.. least of all a dress, it always looks tacky- imo.

I really want her scarf from today's visit. Coat isn't bad either.

:previous:

You're most welcome! :flowers: Azure I would say..

Today, February 5, the Duchess of Cornwall visited the Supreme Court:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

I can't claim to be a massive fan of this coat. Its not a great design on her, and nor in the colour doing anything for her.

Great look and that scarf is the cherry on top. It's hard to make grey work and grey on grey is even harder, but she did it. A very Camilla 'look' although I must admit she looks really tired.

Usually, she smiles and is quite bouncy and spontaneous whereas this time she wasn't when, judging by the way Charles was acting, it was what has become almost their signature style of relaxed engagement with both of them fully engaged and a bit of witty repartee going on.

A glittering look for the Duchess of Cornwall at a reception and dinner for supporters of the British Asian Trust at Buckingham Palace yesterday evening, February 5:

Looking good, Camilla!

Nice! I like the color, and I think the details are the same as the velvet dress she wore earlier this week?

I do very much last be the cream dress the woman speaking with Charles is wearing, and her green scarf (actually I don’t think it’s called a scarf, but I can’t remember the actual name) really adds a pop of color to it!!

Love the cut and colour of the coat and am pleased to see yet another nifty handbag I wouldn't mind having for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom