The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 25: January 2019 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this youthful style on her & it's a great colour.

Very nice. I like the hat; it’s a little different than what she usually wears. Her updo is pretty too. I finally saw pictures showing the back of it.

The hat is a little silly, IMO, from the front. I kept thinking of that inexpensive shot white fencing that my mother put around her flower beds (https://www.lowes.com/pd/Garden-Acc...hite-Steel-Welded-Wire-Rolled-Fencing/3582590).

But it is brilliant from the side! The coat is perfection. Who does coats better than Kate? No one IMO. And I enjoyed the contrasting shoes/bag and gloves. She cleans up very well, these days.

The outfit is really nice and I don't mind the hat,the duchess looked lovely.

To me this more same old same old. Full skirted blue coat of which she has about a million, small hat same thing. I do think the trim on the hat is interesting. The coat looks like the neckline from her Easter coat with a full skirt. I actually like the coat from the waist up but hate these full skirt things she always wears. I don't think they suit her. The biggest problem I have with her whole outfit is the clash of colors. Cornflower blue coat and hat with dark green trim, teal shoes and bag and navy gloves. I really hope this is the result of my computer screen and not reality because if it is reality then the whole thing becomes a big miss.

I don't read the color as cornflower, it's a blue that has a bit of green in it--not teal, but closer to that than cornflower. Interesting how different colors can appear on different monitors.

To me this more same old same old. Full skirted blue coat of which she has about a million, small hat same thing. I do think the trim on the hat is interesting. The coat looks like the neckline from her Easter coat with a full skirt. I actually like the coat from the waist up but hate these full skirt things she always wears. I don't think they suit her. The biggest problem I have with her whole outfit is the clash of colors. Cornflower blue coat and hat with dark green trim, teal shoes and bag and navy gloves. I really hope this is the result of my computer screen and not reality because if it is reality then the whole thing becomes a big miss.

I see her coat and hat as more of a peacock blue, with her feather, clutch and shoes all a dark green. It co-ordinates if you think of a peacock's coloring.

It's definitely all shades of teal and peacock blue - very well co-ordinated.

I like the overall look, and th colour, but this is the same kind of coat as al the rest she has, probably 50 coats the same shape. It's 50s looks! wonder what dress she has underneath, we never get to see that

I like the overall look, and th colour, but this is the same kind of coat as al the rest she has, probably 50 coats the same shape. It's 50s looks! wonder what dress she has underneath, we never get to see that

I think most people tend to stick with colors and silhouettes that they like and that flatter them. In addition, when the individual is dressing for a public role, unless it's Princess Anne, the same clothes aren't appearing over and over again, so after a while observers can see some repeating themes, even if the clothes themselves are new. Kate likes blue, it looks good on her, coats are always elegant, she looks great in them, and there you go, a consistent working uniform. She mixes it up enough to keep it interesting, IMO.

Stunning. That colour is divine, and I really like the hat.
Yes, I have to agree that the teal coatdress with its almost standup collar, three large covered buttons and the nipped in waist leading to the most delightfully gorgeous retro flair and swing of the skirt is really flattering. Her green accessories, shoes and clutch are beautiful.

But, the hidden surprise is her gorgeous hat. The shape of the hat suits her face and its whimsical adornment of gorgeous glossy peacock feathers flatters her. But the masterstroke is her blue lovely deep blue hat and the pretty purple of her gloves is picked out beautifully by those same feathers.,

When you compare today's gorgeous ANZAC ensemble with her Easter ensemble it is easy to see that the pale, slim coatdress hasn't aged well. The difference between the style and colour of the two is really quite stunning with the first ensemble looking washed out and not a little shapeless and pallid in comparison with the deep vibrancy of the second.

The color is beautiful. And her hair looks wonderful :flowers:

But another retro coat dress to add to her closet :ermm: Her last sleek coat was such a nice break from this usual shape on her.

And the hat :bang:

I love the colour and agree that she is immaculately turned out. It is understandable that she is building a fail safe wardrobe of seemingly endless slight variations, she is steadily going to build the number of engagements in the next few years. It is slightly disappointing for those of us who love to see her break out and make the most if this ‘almost everything suits me’ figure. However, for this occasion , it is absolutely spot on.

Very elegant the Duchess of Cambridge today at the Easter Sunday service. By Alexander McQueen .

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...ter-sunday-service-at-st-picture-id1144116583
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4qwsS8UIAAw7_4.jpg

I love the outfit. Very regal and divine. I love the color.

The Duchess of Cambridge looking great at Anzac Day Service at Westminster Abbey today, April 25, wearing a Catherine Walker coat and Rosie Olivia hat:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part ** Close up **

A very beautiful outfit . I love the style and color.

The Duchess of Cambridge at the Anna Freud Centre Opening today wearing Emilia Wickstead.

I love the dress. Very elegant and refined. Wonderful dress.

The Duchess of Cambridge at the Anna Freud Centre Opening today wearing Emilia Wickstead.
Yes, I think she has in lilac too. But, I like the dark green better.

To be honest, I think she has quite a few similar dresses. She has one with a similar upper cut (the skirt is a bit different though), in blue and pink (she wore the blue in one of her tours).

A few years ago, I would buy very different clothes from one another. But, these days, if I like a blouse very much, I'll buy the blouse in several colors. So, I think Catherine has influenced me with her fashion taste ;)

Last edited:
I really it and green seems to be a favourite colour of the duchess.

Pretty green dress. It does look similar/the same as the lilac dress.

That's a great color on her. A tad wintery to have that color in long sleeves and what looks like a heavy color, but I'm not going to get hung up on that. That style is becoming almost a uniform for her, but that's just because it works with her build and is generally appropriate for a wide range of events. All in all, a solid choice for the Duchess.

Another dress that she has the same dress or similar in several colors. Its turning out like her coat dresses. Identical: this one and her lilac. Almost identical: pink and teal ones that have pleated skirts instead.

The color is nice on her. :flowers: Though the other ones are more springy.

Yes, I think she has in lilac too. But, I like the dark green better.

To be honest, I think she has quite a few similar dresses. She has one with a similar upper cut (the skirt is a bit different though), in blue and pink (she wore the blue in one of her tours).

A few years ago, I would buy very different clothes from one another. But, these days, if I like a blouse very much, I'll buy the blouse in several colors. So, I think Catherine has influenced me with her fashion taste ;)

Yes - it is very similar to a lilac dress she wore in Germany in 2017: Germany 2017

If I am not wrong, she also has several others with the same top but with a pleated skirt.

Love the outfit, the wide cropped pants look well on her unlike almost everyone else but models. You must be model thin as she is to wear this outfit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom