The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both outfits are ok, I would not have paired the skirt with a white blouse, and its a bit short but both pieces are nice.

The Red coat and hat look very classic, at First I thought 'flight attendant' but I think it works for the event.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 -

I work in an office for a large company. We have a dress code. I'm well aware of what appropriate work attire looks like.

But you aren't the Duchess of Cambridge. Don't you know she must be perfectly perfect in every way? ;)

Okay, having finally seen a picture (don't ask) from today, I wasn't sure what to think w/a Red w/Chocolate Brown combo, but I really like it and here's why...

To me, that coat is not a bright Red, but Burgundy. Now ITA, bright Red w/Chocolate Brown would clash and not look good at all. W/Burgundy's darker shade though, it does and can work really beautifully and I think it does on Kate too. I know some hate this hat w/a passion, but I'm not one of them and much prefer it to the beanie hats she usually sports that look like they're about to slide off at any second. This thing's an actual hat!! I just wish there were more honest hats rather than the itty bitties, but...*shrugs*

All in all, I thought Kate looked really great today. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
But you aren't the Duchess of Cambridge. Don't you know she must be perfectly perfect in every way? ;)

Indeed. Last week, didn't the Daily Mail all but demand Catherine get thrown out of the UK because they found her eyebrows too bushy.

Indeed. Last week, didn't the Daily Mail all but demand Catherine get thrown out of the UK because they found her eyebrows too bushy.
Oh, so that's what they mean by Brexit! It's her Brows. Glad that's settled.

The entire outfit is horrible. Ill-fitting, and it doesn't do a thing for her. :ermm:

How about this is her style and she is comfortable in it. She is no fashionista she is getting on with her job and dressed appropriately not taking attention from the event she is attending.

I like the coat but would like to see her wear hose, if only to give her legs some warmth and colour. The hat doesn't work IMO.

How about this is her style and she is comfortable in it. She is no fashionista she is getting on with her job and dressed appropriately not taking attention from the event she is attending.

But that's a common sense approach to someone and their Fashion and we can't have that happen. ;)

ITA w/you and I will happily take Kate looking like a Lady than of the so called Fashionistas w/clothes that are either too young for them, too skin revealing or looking like they should be on a street corner somewhere any day and twice on Sunday!!!

I have used the word "dull" about her many times but what makes that red coat appear dull is the choice of the that rubbish hat .. into the bin it goes IMO nothing wrong with the hair out of face at all I think she is dull but then that's just me... she also needs to get back to work regularly IMO otherwise that sort of article will appear but I am off topic ... the hat is the problem here IMO

The hats a shocker and outdated makeup doesn't help. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I like Catherine's red coat apart from the sleeves and the collar. I think it's a nice fit on her and red also suits her well IMO. I find her hat to be a little frumpy and odd with the coat, however.

What’s outdated makeup? I see you and others get in impassioned debates over makeup. She’s wearing too little! She’s wearing too much! She’s wearing it just right! I don’t really notice anything about her makeup, good or bad.

But I’m not sure I’m the right audience to understand these makeup nuances and their social implications. The extent of my makeup collection is chap stick during the winter. So to me it all seems very inconsequential, especially when enforcing individual beauty standards on other people.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 -

What’s outdated makeup? I see you and others get in impassioned debates over makeup. She’s wearing too little! She’s wearing too much! She’s wearing it just right! I don’t really notice anything about her makeup, good or bad.

But I’m not sure I’m the right audience to understand these makeup nuances and their social implications. The extent of my makeup collection is chap stick during the winter. So to me it all seems very inconsequential, especially when enforcing individual beauty standards on other people.

Oh come on nobody is enforcing individual beauty standards !! Talk about over reaction. I think she would look better if she didn't do the black eyeliner etc which is really a night look not day. I'm not the only one to say that and it's MO. Truly !!!
And this is a fashion thread make up is fashion too !

Oh come on nobody is enforcing individual beauty standards !! Talk about over reaction. I think she would look better if she didn't do the black eyeliner etc which is really a night look not day. I'm not the only one to say that and it's MO. Truly !!!
And this is a fashion thread make up is fashion too !

1. That's exactly what it is. But I suppose you can argue that Catherine is famous therefore she can't been seen as an individual.

2. If not wearing eyeliner during the day is MO(according to you), then how can Catherine be outdated?. It sounds like she's being rebellious and self-confident in her makeup choices going by your definition. That doesn't sound old-fashioned to my ears.

1. That's exactly what it is. But I suppose you can argue that Catherine is famous therefore she can't been seen as an individual.

2. If not wearing eyeliner during the day is MO(according to you), then how can Catherine be outdated?. It sounds like she's being rebellious and self-confident in her makeup choices going by your definition. That doesn't sound old-fashioned to my ears.

Oh really! I'm not going to spend my day going back and forth I frankly haven't got the time. I think her make up is outdated I have nothing else to say to someone who says she has no idea about make up. I still think her hats a shocker too.

Oh really! I'm not going to spend my day going back and forth I frankly haven't got the time. I think her make up is outdated I have nothing else to say to someone who says she has no idea about make up. I still think her hats a shocker too.

Fair enough. You just had such a strong stance on what's acceptable for makeup, that I wanted you to explain that stance. If you don't have time to think about makeup, then I guess you agree with me that's it's all rather inconsequential.

Fair enough. You just had such a strong stance on what's acceptable for makeup, that I wanted you to explain that stance. If you don't have time to think about makeup, then I guess you agree with me that's it's all rather inconsequential.

My last post on this .strong stance !! I said it was outdated nothing about a stance and no I don't agree with you

My last post on this .strong stance !! I said it was outdated nothing about a stance and no I don't agree with you

Anytime the term MO gets used when there is no such thing, that's shows a strong stance. I'm glad you found the time to quote me. I know you claimed to be busy.

I am somewhat at a loss to understand why you find it necessary to resort to sarcasm and attacking other members posts when you do not agree with their stance.

Debating the merits of Catherine's fashion choices is what this thread is all about . . . clothes, accessories, makeup and hair. If you find such topics so "very inconsequential", might I suggest that you are on the wrong thread.

As I stated in my last post, I did not like her ensemble at all and, reading the comments about her makeup being outdated, find myself in agreement. That is just my opinion and that is what we share here.

I"ll agree on outdated, my definition for it would be too accentuated, especially the eyebrows, almost clownish, with rouge bar on the cheeks and too much eyeliner, like the women in the 80s did (Dynasty etc)

I think this is an unfortunate look and the cherry is the awful hat. I feel she needs to stop wearing her coat dresses so tightly closed because it makes her look even skinnier.
The blouse and skirt combo was very nice and she looked like a standard elementary school teacher on picture day; appropriate sweet and fun.

As always please remember to stay respectful towards each other, opinions and experiences can differ - thank you!

Not a fan of a pill box period, IMO not a good look on most if not all people. But I could deal with hers without the huge bow on the side. It looked best with the brown Christmas outfit.

Kate champions new Scottish brand in tweed kilt on trip to Edinburgh

'My grandmother is over the moon': Duchess of Cambridge's Le Kilt designer on dressing a royal - Telegraph Fashion

The Duchess of Cambridge is visiting Edinburgh today, where she has a number of royal engagements including a tennis workshop with Andy Murray's mother, Judy Murray. The 34-year-old nearly always taps into the heritage of the place she is visiting with her outfit, so it's not surprising that she is wearing a kilt to her first appointment of the day.

But what is perhaps more surprising is the label she looked to for said kilt: she picked a classic grey houndstooth long skirt by emerging London Fashion Week label with a Scottish heritage, Le Kilt. The 100% British wool skirt, with leather side buckles and a Kilt pin, is currently available for £470 on Le Kilt's website.

... Designer Samantha McCoach said to The Telegraph about Kate wearing one of her pieces: "It feels great, it's fantastic to see the Duchess is supporting young new brands." She added: "This is amazing! I work with a lot of 'made in UK' workshops and factories, as well as British manufacturing and this is a huge support."
Read more: 'My grandmother is over the moon': Duchess of Cambridge's Le Kilt designer on dressing a royal, all the latest styles | Fashion

Last edited by a moderator:
A simple and yet sophisticated look for this event. Good to see a Scottish brand being worn today.

I like this look. Very simple and neat.

Last edited:
Yes a simple looking outfit and the coat goes so well with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom