Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion, Part 1: July 2013 - February 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting dress indeed, I like it on her. In fact much better than on the model.

I'm not quite sure about this one... Agree that Mathilde looks way better than the model!

The pattern is a little busy for my taste, but the dress looks good on Mathilde and the colours suit her.

She is really channeling Jackie Kennedy, the neckline, hair. I would have liked it better if it had a light blue background, or some pastel background.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Natan dress is all right. I liked the colour and raw silk (?) the dress is made of. However, I am not sure about the skirt length and sleeves.

Last edited:
She does tend to wear her skirts a bit too short for my taste.

Last edited by a moderator:

Queen Mathilde at a reception for ULB emeritus professor and Noble Prize winner Francois Englert at the Royal Palace today, December 16, wearing a dress in a strong blue. The colour is great, the dress is quite similar to another one from Natan she owns, so as to the collar it could be a winter version of that one ;)

** Full view ** Upper part **

Great color but I don't like the style.

I don't like it either, very matronly looking. Maybe a thin belt in a contrasting color over the set=in waist would help.

Love the colour, but I find the top part of Mathilde's outfit not very flattering.

The color is beautiful but the fit is awful. Typical Natan tailoring. I don't care for that cummerbund-look at her waist, either.

Have to agree with the rest of you guys. The color is beautiful in the Queen but the cut/style is not the best, especially around the waist.

The color of this blue dress is only thing that i like about it.

No complaints from me either! She looks wonderful. Love her hair...

For the first new year's reception today, January 10, Queen Mathilde has recycled her wonderful pale blue dress:

** Full view ** November 2013 **

Beautiful dress!

For the second New Year's reception today, January 14, Queen Mathilde has recycled her great Natan dress she had worn during the visit in the Netherlands last November:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** November 2013 **

That dress is so stunning. I love that color.

She looks just wonderful! The color and the neckline are so flattering.

I also like this Natan dress. She looks very elegant.

Mathilde as ever the elegant queen in these last 2 dresses. She has choose a silhouette that she likes and suits her and is sticking to it

I love Ann Demeulemeester, and have a few menswear pieces of her myself. The Queen shows that it can be very wearable and doesn't need to be overly hipster-ish. Though the Antwerp fashion designers are more 'street' and less conservative than the ones from Brussels. I hope that she will get some more outfits from the designer and from Dries van Noten, as they are far superior in quality to anything that Natan makes. In all honesty I have to admit that I do like the two Natan outfits of the 1st and 2nd new year receptions though, the queen looks very elegant.

Last edited:
Lovely garnet dress and perfect hair and make up. Though I loved her earrings, I wish she did have some rubies or garnet earrings to go with it.

Red coatdress very in looking, again wish she had earrings with red stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom