Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion, Part 1: July 2013 - February 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Mathilde during an official visit to France today, February 6, looking elegant in a new (coat) dress with a lovely colour - according to press reports it's from Dior:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Side view **

I do like the concept of the dress, and the colour works very well with HM. That said, IMO, the tailoring could improve considerably. Look at the side view pic above.

I am also not a fan of the matchy hand bag. A clutch bag to match the shoes would have been great, in my view.

Indeed very elegant. And an outfit from the French house of Dior with Belgian Raf Simons as creative director is the perfect diplomatic choice.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using The Royals Community mobile app

It looks to me as tho' standards are slipping at Dior.. The concept and colour is ravishing, but the execution is very poor..
The hem is so badly stitched i my first thought was this must be by Natan !

Perhaps I didn't look closely enough at the tailoring, however Mathilde looks every inch the Queen!

Epitome of regal elegance ...

I didn't notice a problem with the hem stiches but do see too much gapping at the closure.
The outfit is simply elegant and what a great color. I just think it screams for gloves.
the hat, hair and earrings are just perfect on her.Every inch a lady (except gloves!)

I do like the concept of the dress, and the colour works very well with HM. That said, IMO, the tailoring could improve considerably. Look at the side view pic above.

I am also not a fan of the matchy hand bag. A clutch bag to match the shoes would have been great, in my view.
I fully agree with you. The side seams appear to stick out and not to be properly pressed. One would expect precise tailoring from Dior. Perhaps a gray clutch would have diluted the pink colour.

Last edited:
Love the overall look but when seeing the side view there is a "pulling" effect as if the fit isn't correct. And I'm not sure about the finish at the waist and hemline.

High definition really brings home the issues. But I still love the look - very 50's to me, with a touch of the Maxima's as well.

EDIT: - sorry, just seen that Muriel and others have said the same about the finish.

I didn't notice a problem with the hem stiches but do see too much gapping at the closure.
The outfit is simply elegant and what a great color. I just think it screams for gloves.
the hat, hair and earrings are just perfect on her.Every inch a lady (except gloves!)

Neither did I. Queen Mathilde looked very elegant and trés chic today. Every inch a Queen.

Not keen on the bow, but otherwise lovely.

This look is fantastic. Very regal. And good choice of a french brand with a belgium designer. I think the clutch was appropriate in this colour. A pair of gloves would have made it look even more regal.

Im surprised that reports are saying this is a Dior creation, I wonder if it is ready to wear or Haute Couture. My impression that it is a Natan outfit, its very much his style and look.

I love the color on herm the idea and the cut but I find the fabric to be very thick and stiff.

Love the overall, but the bow is too sweet sweet for my taste. Idon´t like bows. :whistling: But i love the colour and simple hat. So nice.

She looks lovely and every inch the Queen. Beautiful soft color. But I have to agree with the others about the poor tailoring. It is indeed gapping across her chest area and the seams aren't pressed well. I also agree that gloves would have added to the regal look. That said, this is a wonderful, flattering outfit for Mathilde.

Perhaps I didn't look closely enough at the tailoring, however Mathilde looks every inch the Queen!

She looks even more elegant than she normally does. And the pink/black color scheme is so very French!

I didn't even notice the substandard tailoring until it was pointed out here..
:ohmy:

Im surprised that reports are saying this is a Dior creation, I wonder if it is ready to wear or Haute Couture. My impression that it is a Natan outfit, its very much his style and look.

I love the color on herm the idea and the cut but I find the fabric to be very thick and stiff.
I think you must be right, this is Natan, with the bow he uses a lot and the poor fit. It has got to be.
Glad she wore gloves but matching pale pink would have been perfection.:flowers:

Inside and outside the main outfit , King Philippe wore a winter coat outside.

It is confirmerd by the palace that is is a design of Dior ( Raf Simons).
If you take a closer look at the ready to wear line, you see a lot of resemblance.

The cut, the colour, the fabric; all of them look great on her. By the way, as it has mentioned in previous posts I am curious about if it's Haute Couture or ready to wear.

She looked so wonderful in that pink outfit. That outfit was definitely made for a Queen. It reminds me of the fashions of Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy.

Truly a memorable look on Mathilde.

it seems that she really likes this white coat. And it is indeed quite nice and appropriate.

I like this coat's clean and simple lines but it seems just a little big. It appears to be very comfortable..

Doesn't she look pretty? What a great color and flattering neckline, hairdo and hat. Even the pleats look nice, not easy to do. Like the brown shoes with the red.

Apart from the jacket (it's not to my personal taste), Mathilde looks lovely. Red really suits her and the outfit gives off a very happy atmosphere.

Very nice! Good color and I like this style on her. Very flattering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom