Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 1: June 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress was nice but maybe a jacket or coat would have completed her look.I didn't like the bow in her hair at all.

I think Sofia looks fine. The dress is modest and covers everthing it needs to cover, and it's a lovely colour. But it's too 80s inspired for me to like it. I don't recall 80s fashion with fondness. I couldn't stand those bow-things around the neck in those days and my opinion of them hasn't improved with time. And that big bow in her hair is ridiculous for a woman her age, in my opinion. Bows like that belong on little girls, not grown women. I suppose church-going protocol required her to wear something on her head and she went with the bow. I also think this would have been a good time to wear her hair up or tied back.

The dress is too tight to a church event, at many photos too much is showing, the bow at her hair is awful and she should have had her hair up, now it was a total mess.
http://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/47/2c/472cf580a2d24817b1b26801b9a5e45a/1560@80.jpg
http://w.cdn-expressen.se/images/75/7e/757ece1f43bb41eeab69ce18c41116d6/1560@80.jpg
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
To some other event her outfit would have been fine, but not to a christening at a church.
I think Sofia's dress was nicely fitted rather than tight. Either way, I loved the soft lines and colour. However, she needed an elegant updo instead of sausage curls falling out with time. It is not a good look on an adult, but the ribbon fascinator could have worked on an updo and made her at least look elegant.

But my best in dress was a tie between Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine. I loved Victoria's ensemble and the colour and cut was quintessentially Victoria. Madeleine's ensemble was a total surprise. Her updo with the beautiful hair ornament was really elegant and worn with a dress that started with gold and sage and varied down through lavender, lilac, blues, pinks and finishing at the bottom with the same, almost magenta, colour of her fascinator. Utterly brilliant.

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/0...webfeeds/daf64307b6ca822d840f6a7067003d70.jpg

I think Sofia looked great and with her Order badge.

She looked wonderful, great color nicely fitted dress, and the only lady whose knees were covered when she sat which shows she is trying. Loved the 70 vibe with the ***** bow and gathered sleeves. Those sleeves are very in now
Loved the bow, she could carry it off. Her deportment was excellent

I liked Sofia's look. Loved the color of the dress. I didn't like the color of the hat. I think it should be a more intense shade to match the dress. She was one of the better dressed royals today. can't wait for the Nobel celebrations.

70's fashion is in this year , she looks nice nothing over the top or revealing.

The dress was pretty and was well fitted. The bow/hat thingy was horrible! Oh my!

I don't think the dress is too tight I think she looks really appropriate except for the hair all over the place tie it up or back IMO

personally I hated her whole look. Too many bows. bows at her neck, huge bow on her head, bow on her order. Overkill. The bow fascinator would have been appropriate for a girls baptism and w/o the netting. her black clutch purse with the rhinestones was more for evening. her hair...oh God, don't get me started on that! I hate it. I looks as if she was running late and did not run a brush thru it! As for the dress itself, I would have had it NOT tailored as much as it was. Because it was tailored to perfection, it gave the impression of being to tight, therefore giving the impression of being wrong for the occasion. If it was loosened up just a smidge in her bust area, it would have been very appropriate. But overall, it was just not her day. She looks very messy.

personally I hated her whole look. Too many bows. bows at her neck, huge bow on her head, bow on her order. Overkill. The bow fascinator would have been appropriate for a girls baptism and w/o the netting. her black clutch purse with the rhinestones was more for evening. her hair...oh God, don't get me started on that! I hate it. I looks as if she was running late and did not run a brush thru it! As for the dress itself, I would have had it NOT tailored as much as it was. Because it was tailored to perfection, it gave the impression of being to tight, therefore giving the impression of being wrong for the occasion. If it was loosened up just a smidge in her bust area, it would have been very appropriate. But overall, it was just not her day. She looks very messy.

What kind of old timey wierdness is that? :bang:

Oh Good Grief!! Tell us how you really feel about Sofia why don't you?

The only quibble I had was the bow fascinator, but considering at Leonore's Christening Madeleine's rather sloppy piece of netting secured w/brooches that passed for a fascinator, it wasn't that bad. The colour was fantastic on her and I really hope we see Sofia in Cranberry again because Wow!! The dress was fitted, but the way some are going on, you'd think she turned up looking like the dress was going to pop at any second and give us a show. Those same people are missing the fact Sofia was the only Royal Lady whose skirt portion of the dress covered her knees when she was sitting down. Either that or downright ignoring it because it doesn't fit w/their view of Sofia.

As has been said, by quite a few people here, she actually has done rather well wardrobe wise her first months as HRH Princess Sofia of Sweden. The one true issue IIRC being those pictures of her boarding that boat, which would have been avoided by a simple step, but that was beyond her control and on the organizers for that screw up. Anyway...

It's just sad how some, for whatever reason, are literally dragging the bottom of the barrel to go after Sofia. :(

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I have been a member of this forum for 10 odd years and lurked for a few before that. In all that time, I have never seen anyone complain that a woman's dress or gown was too "tailored to perfection".

Now I know things change in the great scheme of things and what's in this year was out last year and will probably be so again next year. But perfection? :doh:
What am I thinking! This calls for a celebration . . . :champagne:

I like to see Sofia in casual clothes she hasn't find her way into dresses...the dress just doesn't fit her,,,,and the whole look is ruins by her hair, maybe if she had her hair arrange in a diferente way the whole look would look better on her....:sad:

Well, ti me the outifit Sofia chose for the christening gave me confliclting thoughts: I like the shape of the dress and the color was fine because it seemed to follow a certain pattern (violet for Victoria, Madeleine in a mix and Sofia in purple) but really, the color was difficult to wear and the horrible bow didn't match with the dress! Come on, pink??? Sofia had an incredible girly look with that and her hair down did not do her any favour. Back to the dress, well it was too tight. Sofia looked like she had been sewn into it! And I could amolst see the corset, spanx? she wore.

The dres was Gucci, very stylish, the gores in the skirt were really terrific.

How is tailored too perfection wrong for the occasion what? Seriously, the dress fit perfectly not too tight not too loose. Some seem to want to have a go at Sofia just to have something to say even it makes no sense

WOW people! Calls off the dogs, please!!! My opinion was just that. MY opinion. be it right or wrong. Just because I choose to state it here does not mean that "I don't like Sofia" Or "I am having a go at her". Contrary to your beliefs, I actually think the girl is very beautiful and has a lot going for her. I just personally did not like her look this day. That's it, that's all. Nothing more to read between the lines.
As for the tailoring, yes, her dress was tailored to perfection.(you can't buy anything off the rack and have it fit like that) It fit her like a glove. And NO, I was not complaining out the tailoring. Sofia is a very petite lady with a large bust. When you have something in that material tailored to perfection, it has a tendency to enhance the figure, which it did on her, giving it the impression that it was "tight". Nothing was implied and/or said that she was going to pop buttons and give everybody a show.
And as for the bow on her head being more fitting for a girls baptism, I'm soooooo sorry to make the correlation between a "soft pink bow" and a "girl". Heaven forbid. I guess it would also be wrong to point out the at CP Victoria wore a navy blue dress for a "boys baptism". Shame on me for being to weird. I'd better stop, for fear of being banned or tarred and feathered for stating my opinon. Sheesh! Some people are really quick to jump on another person for his/her views and/or opinions. No wonder I have backed away from posting on this board!:sad: And I'm sorry if my opinion does not make sense to some, but to me it did/does. And to say that I will state something that does not make sense (to you) just to have something to say, is not a very nice thing to say to another person. It's insulting to a persons intelligence.

Last edited:
The dress is gorgeous and the crown beautiful. Green is such a good color. Such a happy photo too. Congratulations!

Green? What dress are you talking about Suzzanah?

LaRae

Sesa your very welcome to have your opinion. You have to grow a bit of a hard shell to post I'm sad to say. I liked the dress but the pink bow and ringlet curls were terrible IMO.
Look forward to your posts Sesa

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Love the dress! The fit isn't great at the back but style-wise she pulls it off. Don't hate the fascinator but think it is too fussy with that dress.

And as far as Sofia's hair is concerned, I have every sympathy. From pictures I'd say mine is pretty similar and it's a nightmare to style. Day-to-day I have an updo but that's because I'm fairly lazy (and not a princess). And before any mentions she has access to hairdressers: many times I've been told confidently by a stylist that "lots of spray" will hold it in a style only for it to fall out about 3 hours later. :sad:

I have to say that I really disliked the outfit Sofia wore to the christening. The color was lovely, but the fit and style were off. I also thought the bow just didn't look right with the hairstyle. All in all, not her best look.

I think we can all agree that ringlets and pink bows on adult female royals are a divisive issue here at the forums. And I doubt anyone is going to convince anyone to change their mind on the issue. Just imagine the comments had an adult male royal tried it. :ROFLMAO: :lol:

I wasn't big on the bow but I thought the color showed off her eyes very nicely. I'd rather have her try something different rather than the same old.

Well now we know why the bust was tight. Like I said before I think the bow would have been better in a darker color maybe even the color of the dress. Ringlets / sausage curls are very in vogue right now.

I think the only problem was the hair other than that she looked fine .

I think she looked very nice considering she wasn't going shopping in the market....it suited the occasion (my opinion of course)

I don't have a problem with Sofia's dress, I love the colour. I'm not a fan of her bow though, it looks awkward and rather childish as well.

I apologise if this has been asked before, but is that a royal brooch/order she is wearing? If so, which one is it and when did she receive it? I'm not asking to be critical, just genuinely curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom