Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 19: October 2012 - February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The orange print is a great look for Mary with her coloring-a nice poppy color that looks vibrant without being tacky. A really nice dress!:flowers:

in newscom , if you put in search princess mary it is a lot of photos of the trip and she has sseveral diferent traditional costumes, may be somebody can posted for me i tryied but it didn't work!

I love the wrap dress with two of my favourite things: the colour orange and the gingko print...We have planted a gingko tree in our backyard which has started the obsession with all things GINGKO: jewellery and fabric mainly...Anyone know the brand? Zara perhaps? Or Dannii Minogue's new venture? (Mary wore a Dannii dress to Athena's christening, so not highly unlikely that it is a DM)

I love the orange dress with the gingko print. And the wedges are great with it. Definitely a DO from me. :) And it is great to be actually able to post this withouth any negative comments from another user. It is much more peaceful here now. :)

Ups my fault. Nevertheless the wedges ARE great :)

I love the orange dress with the gingko print. And the wedges are great with it. Definitely a DO from me. :) And it is great to be actually able to post this withouth any negative comments from another user. It is much more peaceful here now. :)

She didn't wear wedges with orange dress.

I love the color and print of the orange dress. She looks stunning!

The orange is amazing. Love it. The blue is a bit blah. But i do love the wedges.

I adore the local dresses (or whatever it's called), she really wears both dresses nicely. I also really like the blue dress, I'm not very fond of the Diane von Fürstenberg dress, but that's mainly because of the colour, the dress itself is pretty.

A lovely dress and I simply adore the print in orange and beige. Mary can certainly carry off these strong shades extremely well.

I am not sure where to post this BUT I always wonder about the process of planning and packing for these overseas, in particular, African trips (because of climate and limited resources)...I wonder how much is actually packed, for example, Mary wore FIVE dresses, but how many did she actualy bring? Seven? Ten? Just the five and was strict about the 'clothing schedule'? Or is there room for flexibility and spontaneity and unexpected events and attire accidents (like spillages, etc)?

And the shoes? How many did she actually bring? She did wear a few pairs twice, granted...but how many are on the menu, subject to Mary's mood, comfort level, terrain, etc...

Does anyone else think about these trivial, banal details like I do? (please say YES ;) ) And does anyone know the packing goings on behind the scenes or is that strictly classified...? :)

I am not sure where to post this BUT I always wonder about the process of planning and packing for these overseas, in particular, African trips (because of climate and limited resources)...I wonder how much is actually packed, for example, Mary wore FIVE dresses, but how many did she actualy bring? Seven? Ten? Just the five and was strict about the 'clothing schedule'? Or is there room for flexibility and spontaneity and unexpected events and attire accidents (like spillages, etc)?

And the shoes? How many did she actually bring? She did wear a few pairs twice, granted...but how many are on the menu, subject to Mary's mood, comfort level, terrain, etc...

Does anyone else think about these trivial, banal details like I do? (please say YES ;) ) And does anyone know the packing goings on behind the scenes or is that strictly classified...? :)

YES :flowers:

It must be difficult - I think that there must be a "clothes schedule" with potential 1 or 2 spares. But senior royals such as Mary or Matilde have experienced dressers to assist and plan. The tour schedules are very tightly managed.

The tour that amazed me was William and Catherine in Canada because (a) it was her first; (b) she didn't have a dresser and (c) there were pictures of luggage being transferred at one of the airports and it looked like she had used every bag they owed - no posh matching luggage there.

And the accessories - hats (and therefore hat boxes); footwear, bags, scarves, etc. So difficult.

I really like the orange dress. It looks very pretty on Mary. The skirt and blouse are all right, but I really don't care for the wedges.

YES!! I cannot even imagine how difficult it must be but..they are all pros, so to speak. Plus the wardrobes they have to choose from is mind boggling. How I wish I had their expertise to help me when I try and pack to go away!

I think must be like a show on tour. they have everything organize and pack in crates and dressers, and dressmakers for any problem, somehow this is like another show and they are the artists who play the parts so they must have a set of people behind helping them, certenly I would love to have that too. not long ago I read one add where I live from very well known agency here who specialize in nannies and housekkeepers asking for a "laundrerness", she had to take care of the wardrobe of the lady of the house, be well knowelegde about how to handle coture clothing, pack suitcases for trips etc..... and I thought probably like Mary and the rest of the royals have, I think very rich people has ladies who help them in all this wordrobe affair from organizeng setting up, and dry cleaning etc......arranging theri closet, etc....... nice thing to experience first hand

Last edited:

Crown Princess Mary at the presentation of a new project at a school in Frederiksberg today, November 22 - a nice and simple look of jacket and pants and a special blouse underneath:

** Full view ** Upper part **

I really like this look on Mary. It's appropriate and comfortable.

Cp Mary looks nice, it is comfy looking and it is appropriate for the event

I like the upper part, but the pants and shoes look very weird.

I do like this casual look on Mary but the jacket looks too short and the sleeves are an odd length. Overall she does look wonderful in navy.

I think she is wearing blue ankle boots, top is good, bottom is eek!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom