British Royal Family Current Events 1: November 2002-November 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, I don't like Camilla's hat but otherwise it works. Its not that unusual for Camilla and Diana to wear the same color combinations - they have similar coloring.

I'm sure if someone looks hard enough they can find something Camilla does or wears that is similar to something that Diana did once but that is carrying things a bit too far.

Last edited:
Re:

" I agreed to conduct it as a ceremony of repentence and wore my simplest robes accordingly. The Prince assured me that there would be no glorification of the event and I took him at his word. However, when I seen Camilla float down St. George's in what one could only describe as a bridal gown and heard the choir in full voice I realised that I had been duped and I will never forgive the Prince of Wales for that deception".
The Archbishop of Canterbury should remember his place. He is in service to the Sovereign and her family. I wrote to him and told him exactly what I thought of his behaviour with regard to the Charles and Camilla situation - needless to say, he didn't care to reply. It is not for him to be angry or ecstatic. Why they didn't get someone else to perform the blessing I'll never know. How dare he. And it isn't for him to forgive the Prince of Wales - the insolence and disobedience of the man is quite unbelievable! Rome wouldn't have been so rude.

Camilla is not out there to copy Diana. My mother has worn that color combo. Is Camilla trying to be like my mother. If Camilla tip toed around what she wore so she wouldnt wear the colors Diana did she would have to walk naked. Come one grow up. I doubt the Archbishop said that. I havent heard of an argument between the archbishop and charles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is a direct quote. Richard Kaye from the Daily Mail newspaper reported the Archbishop's response about the union six months on this month. Rowan Williams seems bitterly angry towards Charles with regards to the whole event

Princejonnhy25 said:
. Camilla is not out there to copy Diana. My mother has worn that color combo. Is Camilla trying to be like my mother. If Camilla tip toed around what she wore so she wouldnt wear the colors Diana did she would have to walk naked. Come one grow up. I doubt the Archbishop said that. I havent heard of an argument between the archbishop and charles.

ok, forgets my post. I understood myself, I hope camilla never tries to copy diana, and she not return to use a diana's jewel again. But this is a very long history.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the colours of Camilla's outfit were probably chosen to complement Charles's uniform and Garter sash - nothing more mysterious than that.

The Archbishop is NOT there as a puppet of the English Monarch. He is the senior clergyman of a Church that represents millions of parishoners around the world and would be doing his position a diservice if he did not speak out against a situation he found unethical.

james said:
He is said to be very angrey to this day about how their blessing ceremony was conducted and is reported as saying, " I agreed to conduct it as a ceremony of repentence and wore my simplest robes accordingly. The Prince assured me that there would be no glorification of the event and I took him at his word. However, when I seen Camilla float down St. George's in what one could only describe as a bridal gown and heard the choir in full voice I realised that I had been duped and I will never forgive the Prince of Wales for that deception".

I don't believe the Archbishop of Canterbury would have said that even if he did feel these sentiments. It makes the Archbishop look like he's been duped if its true and that's hardly the impression the leader of the Church of England wants to make in front of his bishops and clergy. He's not that politically naive. If he had had any real problems with the marriage, I'm sure he wouldn't have done the blessing at all.

Don't make me have to split this thread and start moving posts around; it's a bloody pain.

Let's please get this thread back on topic; the discussion about the Archbishop can go on elsewhere - preferably in the Charles-Camilla forum.

Re:

I'll create an Archbishop topic in the Charles/Camilla forum. :)

Do you think that we will see Camilla in a tiara for the state visit of the Norwegian Royals? I wonder which one she will wear?
Does anybody know if the Duke of York will ever get the garter or the Royal Victorian order that Prince Michael was wearing at the Trafalger ceremonies yesterday?
Thanks,
Linda 85

It seems to be fairly certain that she'll be wearing a tiara, although there's hot discussion about which tiara it'll be.

The Duke of York will probably get the Garter eventually. Both the Duke of Kent and the Duke of Gloucester have it, and they're grandsons of a king, not sons like the Duke of York.

Re:

From Corbis.Com without Watermarks;

Last edited:
james said:
I But I also beleive that she and Charles were involved in a lot of wrong doing in having sexual relations when they both had spouses and children if their own. I think I could accept the situation if there was a break between Church and Monarchy as we are all human and it's time we accepted that Royals are really secular people and can't be held up as pillars of Christian virtue.
Or perhaps the Church should grow up and recognize that human relationships are more complicated than their out of dates rules allow. I thought it was particularly mean of the Archbishop not to allow them to marry in church.

james said:
I realised that I had been duped and I will never forgive the Prince of Wales for that deception".
That's a great role model of Christian charity from the Archbishop!

Princejonnhy25 said:
Is it just me or does Prince Micheal look like the last Czar of Russia. I cant wait to see Camilla in a tiara.

Yes...that is why he grew the beard. :)

They really look up to Prince Michael in Russia when he visits.

Indeed the outfit of the Duchess of Cornwall looked splendid yesterday, very elegant and stylish, I really liked this outfit and its colour combination!

Princess Michael also looked very elegant, and at the harm of the dashing Prince Michael - they certainly were a most handsome couple!

I must say that it felt a bit strange though to see them all together, and not having the Queen there at the top knotch leading the way. That would've made this service even more special, but Her Majesty surely had other things to do. And she did attend the 200th anniversary in Portsmouth.

I really like Camilla's necklace. What kind of stone is it? It looks like an aquamarine.

Re:

Princess Michael also looked very elegant, and at the harm of the dashing Prince Michael - they certainly were a most handsome couple!
James and I were discussing how regal the Michaels look - If I was ingnorant where Royalty was concerned and I was told, "They're the King and Queen of X" - I'd believe it.

Princess Micheal is still very stricking for her age. Prince and Princess Michael definitly look like the King and Queens of a time long gone. I love Camillas necklace. The blue stone(aquariem) just shimmers and dazzles in all the pics.

GrandDuchess said:
And i must say that it felt a bit strange though to see them all together, and not having the Queen there at the top knotch leading the way. That would've made this service even more special, but Her Majesty surely had other things to do. And she did attend the 200th anniversary in Portsmouth.
I also read the the COurt CIrcular for yesterday already though it seemed an important event but on the Court Circular showing that Her Majesty got a Knighting Service for someone.

Re:

And i must say that it felt a bit strange though to see them all together, and not having the Queen there at the top knotch leading the way.

A taste of the future? Everything about it could have been post ERII.

The pictures posted by Beatrix fan were wonderful. Camilla and Princess Micheal both looked stunning. Does anyone know what the sashes that Anne, Charles, Philip and Prince Micheal are wearing represent? I was just wondering if they mean anything or do they have to do with military rank . Prince Micheal's is different than the other 3 which are the same shade of blue.

Last edited:
kelly1972 said:
The pictures posted by Beatrix fan were wonderful. Camilla and Princess Micheal both looked stunning. Does anyone know what the sashes that Anne, Charles, Philip and Prince Micheal are wearing represent? I was just wondering if they mean anything or do they have to do with military rank . Prince Micheal's is different than the other 3 which are the same shade of blue.

The Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, and the Princess Royal were wearing the Order of the Garter. Prince Michael of Kent was wearing the Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order. The Duke of York was wearing a lower rank of that order (which is why he had no sash).

Thanks A.C.C for answering that question for me. Much appreciated.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom