Princess Beatrice, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi and Family, Current Events 2: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As much as I'd love Bea to be a full time royal, she's just hosting an event for her patronage at her house. She does this out of her own volition.

That's right. As she has suffered herself from dyslexia she knows what she is talking about. That seems to be very important to her and being a royal she has the opportunity to show support.
On the other hand I cannot imagine her being a patron for other causes and I never had the impression that she was eager to be a working royal.
I would see more ambitions with Eugenie.
King Charles is the one who will make the decisions about who will be a working royal and I trust him that his decisions will be the right ones.

And, by the way I believe that lots of duties the Royal family has done in the past can be put away. They should concentrate on those problems which are really important in our century with all the turmoil that is happening in the world right now.
I think that King Charles and William are aware of this.

Personal opinion, if, and it is a big *if* .....one of The York Girls is asked to help out, it will be the elder, Beatrice. Not Eugenie. I guess these decisions will hinge also on how the health of Charles and Catherine continues to progress. We simply do not know. In Catherine's case hopefully she will 100 percent recovered in a timely manner.

But again, we don't know.

Last edited:
This is nothing new. Bea and Eugenie both have a dozen patronages and have hosted events for them before.

The only difference between them and working royals, they do this out of their own volition. They get no recognition from the court, no funding and the public over looks it unless there is some trip or bad clothing involved.

Its time for the royal family to embrace what continental royals have, the concept of part time royals. These girls have full time jobs and family, and yet still find time to do patronages. It would be a great asset to the royal family to aknowledge one or both as part time working royals.

Charles and William's idea - going forward - is to reduce further the number of working royals. As the older royals retire or die they won't be replaced except in the direct line. There is no guarantee, for instance, that Charlotte and Louis will be full-time working royals. The intention, as I understand it, is monarch and spouse, heir and spouse and maybe a younger sibling and spouse but no one else - so 4 - 6 only.

Little Sienna is a blonde version of Bea.

Last edited:
Beatrice was pretty blonde herself as a toddler, as was Eugenie. Her hair darkened and got redder as she grew older while Eugenie's turned brunette.

Yesterday, February 28, Princess Beatrice as co-founder of the Big Change charity participated in a roundtable discussion of the current Student Mental Health Week.

** Pic **

Beatrice seems so happy since she married Edo.
Unfortunately there's always lots of nasty comments about her in the DM; probably down to Andrew, but it's so mean-spirited.

Beatrice seems so happy since she married Edo.
Unfortunately there's always lots of nasty comments about her in the DM; probably down to Andrew, but it's so mean-spirited.
The real bad-mouthing started when the girls finished their initial education. Before that, it was mostly just their clothing choices (and Beatrice's weight, poor girl), which were blamed on their mother. Then it really got bad. Things like: they only got into university because of who they were, taking a place from someone more deserving (not because they might actually be intelligent). And then that they only got a particular job because of who they were - not because they might actually be qualified for it, like Eugenie, with an art history degree, working in an art gallery :rolleyes:, again taking places from someone who "actually needs a job"; never mind that they were also criticized when they didn't have a visible job for being "scroungers on the public dole"... I've often wondered if the tabloid's need to have "good royals" and "bad royals" plays into it: Diana's boys were the "good royals" so the tabs needed the equivalent "bad" ones for contrast.

And of course, there's always the choice of photos used in the stories. For Beatrice, especially, they tend to use only those that highlight her Hanoverian eyes and mouth. Some of the comments I've read about her and Edo are brutal, such as wondering what he could possibly see in her beyond her title. I don't feed the trolls, but what I'd like to say is something along the lines of "well, he actually knows her, so..."

The real bad-mouthing started when the girls finished their initial education. Before that, it was mostly just their clothing choices (and Beatrice's weight, poor girl), which were blamed on their mother. Then it really got bad. Things like: they only got into university because of who they were, taking a place from someone more deserving (not because they might actually be intelligent). And then that they only got a particular job because of who they were - not because they might actually be qualified for it, like Eugenie, with an art history degree, working in an art gallery :rolleyes:, again taking places from someone who "actually needs a job"; never mind that they were also criticized when they didn't have a visible job for being "scroungers on the public dole"... I've often wondered if the tabloid's need to have "good royals" and "bad royals" plays into it: Diana's boys were the "good royals" so the tabs needed the equivalent "bad" ones for contrast.

And of course, there's always the choice of photos used in the stories. For Beatrice, especially, they tend to use only those that highlight her Hanoverian eyes and mouth. Some of the comments I've read about her and Edo are brutal, such as wondering what he could possibly see in her beyond her title. I don't feed the trolls, but what I'd like to say is something along the lines of "well, he actually knows her, so..."
They were treated appallingly by the media for years. So are all royal women for a time. So are most women full stop. What that says about society is frightening. That they have ignored it all, lived their lives, and been who they want to be is a credit to them. For years as well they seemed a bit other in the family too. Phillips siblings and a Wales were super close amd they were just that bit too much younger. All gone now though.

I've always thought Beatrice and Eugenie were beautiful young women, and the people saying they're ugly or fat or making fun of them over one thing or another are just showcasing their own insecurities. It's a shame that the Internet has encouraged people like that to share their bitterness with strangers.

Unfortunately I have always felt that Andrew's insistence on Security did them no favors. Then when it was discontinued in 2011, He being supposedly furious, insisted on funding it, personally.

Did the British Public make the distinction ? Understand ? Doubtful. They probably didn't even know.
So, the York Girls were pictured on vacations after University starting with Beatrice in 2011. Conveniently capturing them with Security. That Andrew insisted on.
It really only hurt them.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I have always felt that Andrew's insistence on Security did them no favors. Then when it was discontinued in 2011, He being supposedly furious, insisted on funding it, personally.

Did the British Public make the distinction ? Understand ? Doubtful. They probably didn't even know.
So, the York Girls were pictured on vacations after University starting with Beatrice in 2011. Conveniently capturing them with Security. That Andrew insisted on.
We don't know if "Andrew insisted" on the girls having security - that assertion came from the Daily Mail and was then picked up by other outlets (the same as "they call him 'Air Miles Andy'" - there was no 'they' about it as that nickname was created by the Mail itself and then used over and over again). That whole supposition about Andrew arguing over his daughers' futures also came from the DM and then the other tabloids picked up on it. The girls had security while they were being educated (and during their gap years), as that was the practice at the time for those with an HRH. They were not receiving preferential treatment at all. It was just that times had changed, especially after Diana's death when the BRF was under extreme pressure from all fronts. And of course, the whole "good royal/bad royal" thing I mentioned above. Diana's boys "good" and Fergie's girls "bad."

It's almost amusing to me how the tabloids can oscillate between fawning reverence and brutal criticism, often in the same issue. It's all about the "clicks" now, how much revenue they make, and how many comments they can show to their advertisers.

The problem of security really hit the headlines when during one of their many trips at this time, and there were many , a friend of the girls was the victim of a thief/ bag snatcher and the royal security had chased the culprit.
Although it had never been hidden before . the story became the British taxpayer paying for security while the princesses travelled the world with their friends, who also benefitted from the security.
This was not just the gap year but there were a great deal of holidays, I think at one point Beatrice was noted as being away roughly every 6 weeks, when she allegedly had a job .

The optics were of the young royals spending their time on holiday when the rest of the country was beavering away to keep a roof over our heads. I know some people do not view royal duties as work, and fair enough, but they were doing nothing other than holidays, It has taken them a long time to rebuild their reputations.

As OPUS Board Member Princess Beatrice attended an event in Dubai yesterday, April 24, that celebrated the launch of OPUS in the United Arab Emirates and the partnership with the Dubai-based think-tank Fiker Institute:

Back
Top Bottom