Princess Beatrice, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi and Family, Current Events 2: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:
It wouldn't surprise me a bit.

The health issues make it feasible to bring in someone else without creating too much controversy; Beatrice seems like a reasonable choice.

I would be very surprised if she was brought in. The king's expected unavailability seems rather short and while Catherine will be completely out for a few months, William will probably start picking up some time during February once she is back at home. There are still quite a few members left to undertake engagements: Camilla, Anne, Edward, Sophie; next to the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Duke of Kent. So, a few weeks with slightly less engagements (because a few that were planned were cancelled) won't harm the BRF; suddenly bringing in Beatrice would create much more disruption.

The GB News also implied that she might be needed as a Counsellor of State but clearly forgot that Anne and Edward have been added to the mix, so next to Camilla, Anne and Edward would be the logical options if William wouldn't be available.

Princess Beatrice and Edo Mapelli Mozzi were spotted leaving Clarence House this morning.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...h-ferguson.html?ico=topics_pagination_desktop

I read the article and it was a bit confusing on the timeline but it reads as though she and Edo visited together this morning, left, and then she later returned alone to Clarence House. We've heard before that Charles is very fond of his nieces and Bea is a CoS. This does certainly seem like they/she may have been meeting with him to discuss the possibilities that his treatment might open up in terms of needing some extra hands, her potential responsibilities as a CoS, etc. While I don't doubt for a moment that as a beloved uncle Bea wanted to see him in person, it does seem like it might have been a mix of both personal and business.

I read the article and it was a bit confusing on the timeline but it reads as though she and Edo visited together this morning, left, and then she later returned alone to Clarence House. We've heard before that Charles is very fond of his nieces and Bea is a CoS. This does certainly seem like they/she may have been meeting with him to discuss the possibilities that his treatment might open up in terms of needing some extra hands, her potential responsibilities as a CoS, etc. While I don't doubt for a moment that as a beloved uncle Bea wanted to see him in person, it does seem like it might have been a mix of both personal and business.

I am not quite sure its all it seems, they are all basically neighbours

_Heather_, great point.
I think it would be lovely to see Beatrice step up, and help out. I believe She handles herself well with poise and without drama.
Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Eugenie ( ducks and hides.... LOL). I just think She is more like "showy" Sarah, although certainly not as bad.

I will keep my fingers crossed !

_Heather_, great point.
I think it would be lovely to see Beatrice step up, and help out. I believe She handles herself well with poise and without drama.
Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Eugenie ( ducks and hides.... LOL). I just think She is more like "showy" Sarah, although certainly not as bad.

I totally agree with you!

_Heather_, great point.

I agree. For some time now, and particularly since her marriage which seems to have done absolute wonders for her, I've found Bea (and frankly Edo, too) quite endearing. I wouldn't be even a bit concerned should the King decide he could do with help from Bea and Edo with engagements. And honestly, the diagnosis that the King is now facing can be an uncertain one that even in the best of cases can leave one with debilitating fatigue for some time. I wouldn't find it at all strange if he spent some time with her now, while he's perfectly able, to show her how to examine red box papers, etc. should the need arise over the course of the next few months.

Beatrice and Edo live at St James Palace. They, and other members of the royal family, often use the Clarence House entrance to access the palace because its said to be more private and convenient.

Yes they were most likely leaving their own home rather than visiting Charles.

……I wouldn't be even a bit concerned should the King decide he could do with help from Bea and Edo with engagements. And honestly, the diagnosis that the King is now facing can be an uncertain one that even in the best of cases can leave one with debilitating fatigue for some time. I wouldn't find it at all strange if he spent some time with her now, while he's perfectly able, to show her how to examine red box papers, etc. should the need arise over the course of the next few months.

With all due respect, Princess Beatrice is as likely to examine red box papers as you or I.

With all due respect, Princess Beatrice is as likely to examine red box papers as you or I.

Possibly. But she is, constitutionally, a CoS and given the nature of a cancer diagnosis, treatment, etc. it's not unthinkable that her services may be needed over the course of the next few months. While I don't know the King personally, as I suspect none of the rest of you do either, he doesn't strike me as the kind of man who would approach this in a "cross that bridge when we come to it" manner. He very much strikes me as someone who would look at this situation pragmatically and choose to prepare for all possibilities now while he's still feeling well enough to do so.

While unlikely, unlike any of us, Beatrice was authorized to do so last March and June. In June three other Counsellors of State were out of the country, so had one other been unavailable, she might have been called upon to assist a more seasoned senior royal (either aunt Camilla or uncle Edward in this case). A similar situation could arise in the future.

Beatrice and Edo live at St James Palace. They, and other members of the royal family, often use the Clarence House entrance to access the palace because its said to be more private and convenient.

If they were looking for privacy today- that would have been my last choice of entrances. Convenience could still have been a factor.

Or they did stop by to visit before Charles and Camilla left for Sandringham. That also makes sense to me.

While unlikely, unlike any of us, Beatrice was authorized to do so last March and June. In June three other Counsellors of State were out of the country, so had one other been unavailable, she might have been called upon to assist a more seasoned senior royal (either aunt Camilla or uncle Edward in this case). A similar situation could arise in the future.

Point taken. Re royal duties, who remembers when the Princess accidentally cut Ed Sheeran’s face with a sword? Perhaps she’s better off dealing with state papers…

Last edited:
Camilla, William, Anne and Edward are all home… There is no reason as for now to train Beatrice in handling the red box…

Should anything happen and 3 of the prime choices would be unavailable, she would only be called in to serve together with someone who has done it before…

I do think it’s possible however that Beatrice may get a role or two because honestly they are short of younger people…. The space that was meant to be filled by Harry and Meghan has been left empty, and it shines through….

Below Edward and Sophie who is born 1964 and 1965 it is just William and Catherine… So they don’t exactly have a huge margin if something tragic would happen before Williams children have finished their educations and can take on roles…

Last edited:
Also The Duke of Kent, Princess Alexandra and The Gloucester's are rapidly aging out. Rapidly. Especially The Kent's.
I think it would be smart and effective to bring in a "spare" ......Beatrice.
Sort of a junior *semi* working Royal.

This would have to be done with William's approval, and *if* Beatrice was willing too ! Setting the wheels in motions for the long-term.
I don't think (with ZERO concrete information) that Eugenie is a real possibility. Fairly or not, tainted by her closeness with The Sussex's.

I remember the body language at Catherine's Christmas Concert at Westminster Abbey 2021 between The Cousins a few years back. William and Catherine greeted Zara an Mike so effusively BIG hugs and kisses. Beatrice and Ed very warmly too. But.....when Eugenie arrived solo, very tepid. A pat on the back from William. And Catherine, not even that......the Video is out there too.

I'm not a body language expert. But it was apparent then there was some *wariness*. Maybe things have improved. Who knows.....

Also The Duke of Kent, Princess Alexandra and The Gloucester's are rapidly aging out. Rapidly. Especially The Kent's.
I think it would be smart and effective to bring in a "spare" ......Beatrice.
Sort of a junior *semi* working Royal.

This would have to be done with William's approval, and *if* Beatrice was willing too ! Setting the wheels in motions for the long-term.
I don't think (with ZERO concrete information) that Eugenie is a real possibility. Fairly or not, tainted by her closeness with The Sussex's.

I remember the body language at Catherine's Christmas Concert at Westminster Abbey 2021 between The Cousins a few years back. William and Catherine greeted Zara an Mike so effusively BIG hugs and kisses. Beatrice and Ed very warmly too. But.....when Eugenie arrived solo, very tepid. A pat on the back from William. And Catherine, not even that......the Video is out there too.

I'm not a body language expert. But it was apparent then there was some *wariness*. Maybe things have improved. Who knows.....

Agreed. While everyone has jumped on my comment that he could potentially be showing her how to go about handing things like red box papers, etc. I also mentioned that Bea and possibly Edo's services could be needed over the course of the next few months. That "etc." certainly included the potential for handling some engagements, stepping in to fill some gaps, that sort of thing. I wouldn't be even a bit surprised to learn that this morning's visit included some conversations of that nature. I also have to say that I agree fully that this would only be done with William's approval and given what we've seen of the relationship between William/Catherine and Edo/Bea as well as the respective children I think it's likely he would agree, particularly in present circumstances. Eugenie, on the other hand...I don't see that agreement being given by William or even by Charles for the above mentioned reasons.

Agreed _Heather_. From what I've read, William was NOT a fan of Beatrice then long term boyfriend, "Dave" and wouldn't allow him to accompany Beatrice to The Wedding. Smart guy, good judge of character, as I wasn't a fan of Dave's.
In that Westminster Christmas Concert there is a clip of Edo smartly bowing his head to Prince William, just such old school class and European charm.
They, Beatrice and Edo..... seem to have brought out the best in each other.

Plus, we really don't know if poor Catherine's abdominal issues could lead to more scaling back. It would be nice to have a "Princess" ready and able to step up, if needed.

Last edited:
Personally I think they were simply travelling to and from their St James' Palace apartment. There was a video of Sophie using the same entrance the other day to and from an official engagement. TBH its just the way into Stable Yard Road which is sealed off at either end, CH has its own set of gates again.
I saw someone say online that there were roadworks using the other way in which case it totally makes sense to use this entrance.

The Gloucesters are essentially the same age as the King and Queen.

The Duke of Gloucester will be eighty this coming August. The King was 75 in November 2023.

Agreed _Heather_. From what I've read, William was NOT a fan of Beatrice then long term boyfriend, "Dave" and wouldn't allow him to accompany Beatrice to The Wedding. Smart guy, good judge of character, as I wasn't a fan of Dave's.
In that Westminster Christmas Concert there is a clip of Edo smartly bowing his head to Prince William, just such old school class and European charm.
They, Beatrice and Edo..... seem to have brought out the best in each other.

Plus, we really don't know if poor Catherine's abdominal issues could lead to more scaling back. It would be nice to have a "Princess" ready and able to step up, if needed.

I agree. Edoardo is straight out of Central Casting. I watched him tip his hat to Charles(then Prince of Wales) one summer at Ascot, and last year make an impossibly elegant bow of the head to Queen Rania at the Jordanian Royal Wedding.He looked like a film star both times.

He flies under the radar, dresses beautifully, and is never,ever naff.

Most important of all, he treats his wife like the princess she is.

He is a fantastic asset to both Beatrice and the BRF.

The Gloucesters are essentially the same age as the King and Queen.

The Duke of Gloucester will be eighty this coming August. The King was 75 in November 2023.

Duke of Gloucester: 26 Aug 1944
Duchess of Gloucester: 20 June 1946
Queen Camilla: 17 July 1947
King Charles: 14 Nov 1948

While the Duke and King might differ 4 years in age, the Duchess and Queen are only a year apart. So, I would also consider them 'about the same age'.

Given that they are still carrying out engagement for the king, they are much more likely to be called upon to add a bit more to their schedule than to introduce Beatrice for a short period of time.

Personally I think they were simply travelling to and from their St James' Palace apartment. There was a video of Sophie using the same entrance the other day to and from an official engagement. TBH its just the way into Stable Yard Road which is sealed off at either end, CH has its own set of gates again.
I saw someone say online that there were roadworks using the other way in which case it totally makes sense to use this entrance.

I think that is correct. Beatrice & Edo were probably just leaving their St James' apartment, rather than visiting Charles.

I guess my point is that it might be nice to see if Beatrice is willing to join up as a Working Royal, perhaps in a semi - junior status. Not simply a short term fill in. Here and there, not to much on her and ease her in. As she also has a toddler, Sienna.
If Charles and William are even so inclined. Maybe they aren't. But Beatrice isnt a "show offy" type and I think could take some of the pressure off the decidedly elderly Kent's and Gloucesters. To be utilized.

Realistically and unfortunately, the medical complications and "downtime" needed of both King Charles and Catherine really put the spotlight on health issues. And we don't know how either will exactly play out. Or if someone else develops health problems too.

Personally, I'd love to see another working Princess in The Firm. On The Balcony and at State Dinner Events in a Tiara. Beatrice looked lovely at The Jordanian Royal Wedding of Crown Prince Hussein last June. In her Mother Sarah's Wedding Tiara, which was a surprise, to me anyway. I figured She had sold it, after neither Daughter wore it for their own Weddings.

Last edited:
I think that is correct. Beatrice & Edo were probably just leaving their St James' apartment, rather than visiting Charles.

Do they still have that apartment?
I read that they had purchased a home in the Cotswolds not long ago.

Do they still have that apartment?
I read that they had purchased a home in the Cotswolds not long ago.

I wondered about that too. Very probable they use both residences, one in London, one in the country. I hope they are paying rent for the apartment in St. James Palace.

I guess my point is that it might be nice to see if Beatrice is willing to join up as a Working Royal, perhaps in a semi - junior status. Not simply a short term fill in. Here and there, not to much on her and ease her in. As she also has a toddler, Sienna.
If Charles and William are even so inclined. Maybe they aren't. But Beatrice isnt a "show offy" type and I think could take some of the pressure off the decidedly elderly Kent's and Gloucesters. To be utilized.

Realistically and unfortunately, the medical complications and "downtime" needed of both King Charles and Catherine really put the spotlight on health issues. And we don't know how either will exactly play out. Or if someone else develops health problems too.

Personally, I'd love to see another working Princess in The Firm. On The Balcony and at State Dinner Events in a Tiara. Beatrice looked lovely at The Jordanian Royal Wedding of Crown Prince Hussein last June. In her Mother Sarah's Wedding Tiara, which was a surprise, to me anyway. I figured She had sold it, after neither Daughter wore it for their own Weddings.

Completely agreed with all of this. While I don't see Beatrice or Beatrice and Edo becoming full time working royals both because of their own preferences and because of the preferences of the King and the PoW, I can see them stepping in and assisting and, frankly, I'd love to see it. I really think they (along with Mike and Zara) would be lovely assets to the RF and quite useful in this period where they're stretched a bit thin. And I certainly wouldn't mind seeing her at things like state dinners and on the balcony.

Back
Top Bottom