British Royal Family Current Events 11: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All my respects to the King who wanted to be there for Easter. We saw him smiling while undergoing a chimiotherapie . Seing only brief pictures , we hope he goes for the best

I thought he looked great. I hope that his decision to greet the crowds was consistent with medical advice. A lot of patients, men in particular, tend to think they are stronger than they are. Regardless, it was nice to see him in such good spirits.

Very pleased to see King Charles, Queen Camilla along with the King's siblings at the Easter service today. Did anyone see Lady Louise there?

No she wasn’t there- she is at university and old enough to do her own thing so she may well have stayed at St Andrews or be spending time with friends. james was the only child attending- and he is under 18 and still at school.
Beatrice and Eugenie and their families didn’t attend even thought they appeared to be at Windsor so it seems they were limiting it to the fewest possible as was explained as necessary for keeping Charles safe. I imagine James attended as understandably his parents wouldn’t want to leave him alone whereas Beatrice and Eugenie and families could all be doing something together, as I like to imagine Anne’s children and grand children were doing at Gatcombe. Looking at those in attendance only Anne and Tim might need to stay at Windsor as Yorks and Edinburghs have houses close by enough to have stayed there and visited for church (and maybe lunch after).

Last edited:
I am sure there are lots of other churches they could attend to celebrate Easter.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out there was also a service at The Chapel Royal at Royal Lodge where Beatrice and Eugenie were able to go if they wanted to do so. It is also more private and where the late Queen would often go when at Windsor on a Sunday.

I am sure that Anne and Tim would be able to get to and from Gloucestershire in a day as Anne does it quite regularly when undertaking official duties.

They could well have done, it is close to the entrance of Royal Lodge so they could just walk over, but I suspect they'd rather go egg hunting than to church personally.
Anne and Tim may well have done it in a day, its about an hour and a half each way. I assumed they stayed over Sat night then headed back to Gatcombe to be with her children and grandchildren but the reality is none of us know.

Back
Top Bottom