British Royal Family Current Events 11: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And Edward and Andrew went to a special service at St George's Chapel. All done quite quietly.

And Edward and Andrew went to a special service at St George's Chapel. All done quite quietly.

Indeed. Remarkably, no passers by with a link to the media were around at the time.

Last edited:
They went to St George’s Evensong service, not to the Chapel in the middle of the day at around lunchtime.

They did, but it was quiet. The King spent the day at Balmoral in reflection like the Queen used to on her own accession day. He and the Queen went to church that day. The Prince and Princess of Wales attended a church service in Wales where they laid flowers in front of a photo of the Queen. You can find this in the current events thread for both the King and Queen and the Prince and Princess of Wales.

Thank you:

Lovely to see and hear how close they are - lots of little tidbits that suggest they see each other (and their families) more than we might see e.g. Anne talking about how competitive the Wales' children are etc

I agree, the video was a great insight into the warmth of the relationship between Anne and the Wales', Anne and Mike Tindall and Mike and the Wales'.

To me, it also demonstrated the thought that people like Anne and the Wales' put into their roles as royal patron, and the impact the sport has on ordinary lives.

The Princess Royal and the Prince and Princess of Wales make a great team, hopefully we'll see more them in the future.

The Princess Royal and the Prince and Princess of Wales make a great team, hopefully we'll see more them in the future.

There was a moment where the Princess Royal spoke up to back up the Princess of Wales talking about how playing sports in bad weather was something she remembers fondly- where Anne points out that it’s good for building resilience. It struck me for the first time that these two women probably get along famously- they’re both people who do their job and don’t make a fuss, and they’re both very active.

I really enjoyed the sports thing with Mike Tindall, PAnne, PPWales, and the other two guys – and I don't even really like sport. I noticed that at one point that the Princess of Wales called the Princess Royal 'Anne'; the chat was all so natural and informal (and funny in places), yet respectful too.

My own interest is art, but I don't think that would translate too well into such a conversation like the sports one, which is a shame. I do think there was something arty on TV years ago with the then Prince of Wales and Lady Sarah Chatto; I remember reading about it but never saw it, and can't seem to find it on YouTube either; if anyone knows what I'm rambling about, it would be great to have a link.

King Charles and Queen Camilla hosted a reception at Buckingham Palace today, October 19, to thank those involved in the planning and staging of Queen Elizabeth's funeral and the coronation.

Princess Anne and the Duchess of Edinburgh attended as well:

** gettyimages gallery ** dailymail article **

Last edited:
Yesterday, November 8, King Charles and Queen Camilla hosted a reception to mark 60 years of the Disasters Emergency Committee. The Duke of Gloucester attended as well:

** gettyimages gallery **

Edward and Anne weren't there. Anne was in Glasgow and Edward on his way to Singapore.

The family celebrated King Charles's 75th birthday with a dinner at Clarence House yesterday, November 14:

** dm article: Party fit for a King..**

Edward and Anne weren't there. Anne was in Glasgow and Edward on his way to Singapore.

They may well have also had some sort of family get together at Windsor on the Saturday during the day, when Anne, Edward and Andrew and their families could have spent time together before the Festival of Remembrance.

Queen Camilla as Colonel-in-Chief of the Rifles Regiment and the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, Royal Colonels of 6 RIFLES and 7 RIFLES, attended the Biennial RIFLES Awards reception and dinner at Guildhall this evening, November 30:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** pa images gallery **

Last edited:
Greville Tiara and Lover's Knot. How boring.

The Diplomatic Reception at Buckingham Palace takes place this evening, December 5:

** dailymail article **

Greville Tiara and Lover's Knot. How boring.

The picture in the Daily Mail seems to suggest it is the Girls of Great Britiain tiara for the Queen. She also appears to be wearing a serious brooch, perhaps the Fringe brooch.

Indeed, Rebecca English reports it's the Girls of Great Britain, looked too big to be the GoGBaI, but it seems it is.

Last edited:
Actually it's Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara

A couple of posts have been removed since they were off topic for the thread.

The picture in the Daily Mail seems to suggest it is the Girls of Great Britiain tiara for the Queen. She also appears to be wearing a serious brooch, perhaps the Fringe brooch.

I can't get used to it. I keep wanting to say Prince Charles, The Duke of Cambridge and the Queen is Elizabeth

Yesterday, February 22, Queen Camilla and the Duchess of Gloucester presented the Queen's Anniversary Prizes for Higher and Further Education at Buckingham Palace:

** gettyimages gallery **

Back
Top Bottom