Tiaras and Jewels Camilla might use as Queen

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The fact is she's already a "grand royal" as the second royal lady in the land. IMO she's not ridiculous at all, but quite grand and regal, but it's a matter of taste and personnal appreciation isn't it ? ;);)

:previous: Fully agree with you. Camilla is the second most senior lady and future queen of the UK. How much more "grand royal" than that does it get?

Last edited:
Ditto! But let's not forget that when the occasion calls for formal wear she has the use of her 'real' tiara's: The utterly fabulous "Delhi Durbar" and the magnificently glorious "Bucheron, both of which are a credit to her position as the Duchess of Cornwall, wife of the heir to the throne.

She also has her own family one and was gifted both a ruby and a sapphire one that (thankfully) we rarely see. There really is no need for people to start popping spurious photoshopped tiara's on her head. Her Majesty and Prince Charles have both ensured she has more than got that base covered.

Last edited:
But she has worn the delhi durbar only one time. Could it be that it was an onetime loan and no permanent loan like the Boucheron Honeycomb tiara?

Last edited by a moderator:
But she has worn the delhi durbar only one time. Could it be that it was an onetime loan and no permanent loan like the Boucheron Honeycomb tiara?

I think the point is that Camilla has access to some serious jewels from HM, and does not need to resort to using the Lovers Knot, given its association with Diana.

IMO the reason the Delhi Durbar has not been used much is its origins at the Delhi Durbar in 1911, and how people of sub-continental origin in Britain might view such a symbol of British imperialism and subjugation.

I'd like to see Camilla in the Durbar again. I can't understand why she wore it just the once and why it was chosen for her first tiara appearance at all if it's not to be worn again?

That said, I think the Durbar would be a good choice of tiara once Charles becomes King, myself. That's if Camilla actually likes it.

As for what people of sub continental origin in Britain might say about it, well, imo, they are either choosing or willing to reside in Britain so tough luck. The royal vault should not be made to play hostage!

And some may find such a response rather harsh, but it's long been an item of jewellery owned by the BRF and was worn as recently as 2005. And if I recall rightly, it's most recent appearance did not muster any discontent. It's not like the Koh-I-Noor is being worn with it nowadays.

But, I speak only for myself.

Last edited:
Actually i think the Delhi Durbar tiara shpuld be worn be the reigning Queen or Queen consort for special occasions like Queen Siliva does it with the bragnza tiara, those for example incoming StateVisitis from other monarchies.
I think there would be plenty other tiaras to give Camilla access to without to have to use the Lovers Knot tiara.

I'd like to see Camilla in the Durbar again.

That makes it two of us! :)

As for what people of sub continental origin in Britain might say about it, well, imo, they are either choosing or willing to reside in Britain so tuff luck. The royal vault should not be made to play hostage!

And some may find such a response rather harsh, but it's long been an item of jewellery owned by the BRF and was worn as recently as 2005. And if I recall rightly, it's most recent appearance did not muster any discontent. It's not like the Koh-I-Noor is being worn with it nowadays.

Fair point. That said a few points come to mind:

1) People of sub-continantal extraction now represent about 2.5m of the UK population of 55-60m. They are prosperous and increasingly, economically, socially and culturally influential in the UK, so there feelings are worth a lot more to the UK establishment now than say, 15 years ago.

2) India plays an increasingly important role on the world stage, politically and economically, evidenced by the number of trips British PMs have made to the sub-continent recently. An increasongly confident India could well start to raise issues in relation to the Kohinoor and the Delhi Durbar if these jewels were seen much in public. If I was in HMs shoes, I would simply leave them in the vault for a few more centuries rather than risk a debate on the matter.

Just my thoughts!

...or maybe Camilla simply didn't like the tiara on her or found it too heavy. As practical as she is maybe the Honeycomb is finally the best option for her? ("State banquet? Let's get the mighty Bouch again").

For such a large extraction then I personally see it rather fitting that such stones be worn by a future Princess Consort (or Queen) who shall not only represent the caucasion subject in due course, but those who are of an oriental ethnicity aswell.

Instead of seeing it as a model of repression, why not view it as an item of cultural cohesion in modern day Britain! At least, that's my wishfull reasoning ;)

Last edited:
That is certainly a way of looking at it! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
May I see a picture of the tiara that was worn by Camilla's daughter
?

May I see a picture of the tiara that was worn by Camilla's daughter?
The Cubitt or Shand Tiara
pic heavily cropped from another image and not subject to copyright

Attachments

• UK Cubitt or Shand diamond floral tiara (Camilla) Tamara GREMB.jpg
    UK Cubitt or Shand diamond floral tiara (Camilla) Tamara GREMB.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,581
i would like to see camila wear queen alexandras collier reselie i hope the royal family still have its such an amazing piece of jewelry and it would be nice for some of the other unknown tiaras to come out i would love to raid the vaults :)

I would love to see Camilla in the fringe tiara and necklace, just as HM wore it in the recent picture for the NZ jubilee portrait.

That said, I think Camilla may choose to use the Kokoshnik instead, and probably leave the fringe tiara for Catherine.

As the Wife of the Future King & One day the Queen (or Kings Consort), HRH The Duchess of Cornwall will have access to many beautiful Jewells.
I look forward to seeing her wear many Tiara's and Necklaces

Wonder what she would wear to Charles' corination?

I suspect she may follow precedent and wear Queen Victoria's coronation collet necklace.

I can't wait to see her wear that giant Delhi Tiara again! :D

Last edited:
:previous:That and the Honeycomb tiara.

BTW, love your avatar of Isabella in her tutu. Too too, cute, lol!

...or maybe Camilla simply didn't like the tiara on her or found it too heavy. As practical as she is maybe the Honeycomb is finally the best option for her? ("State banquet? Let's get the mighty Bouch again").
This or the balance of it is not quite comfortable or it's slightly too wide or narrow in the base, etc.

I firmly believe that Camilla will be crowned Queen alongside her husband, probably in the Queen Mother's crown. Spending lots of money dismantling and re-designing jewellery would be a bit of a faux-pas nowadays.

I firmly believe that Camilla will be crowned Queen alongside her husband, probably in the Queen Mother's crown. Spending lots of money dismantling and re-designing jewellery would be a bit of a faux-pas nowadays.
I agree; it is extremely likely Camilla will be crowned alongside Charles. If she isn't, the would be the first Queen Consort since Caroline of Brunswick (George IV's wife) not to be crowned.

In the whole history of English/British monarchy, only eight queens consort weren't crowned since the times of William the Conqueror: Margaret of France (Edward I's second wife), Jane Seymour (Henry VIII's third wife), Anne of Cleves (Henry VIII's fourth wife), Catherine Howard (Henry VIII's fifth wife), Catherine Parr (Henry VIII's sixth wife), Henrietta of France (Charles I's wife), Catherine of Braganza (Charles II's wife), Caroline of Brunswick (George IV's wife).

As for the Crown, ever since Queen Adelaide it has been customary to make new Crowns for each Queen Consort. However, if a new crown isn't made, then I agree than the crowns of The Queen Mother or Mary of Modena would be the most likely ones to be used for Camilla's coronation.

Last edited:
As for the Crown, since Queen Adelaide it has been customary to make new Crowns for each Queen Consort. However, if a new crown isn't made, then I agree than the crowns of The Queen Mother or Mary of Modena would be the most likely ones.

I'm sure that the Prince of Wales would prefer Camilla to be crowned with his grandmother's crown. However, I personally think that Queen Mary's crown is much more graceful than Queen Elizabeth's (The QM), which is a little "squat" for my taste. The jewels removed from Queen Mary's crown (Cullinans, Koh-i-Nur) could be returned some day - for the future Queen Catherine perhaps? Queen Elizabeth had to have a new crown made only because Queen Mary wore hers, without the arches, to the Coronation of George VI, in a huge break with tradition I might add. Queens Dowager normally didn't attend the coronations of their husband's successor(s).

Last edited:
I agree; it is extremely likely Camilla will be crowned alongside Charles. If she isn't, the would be the first Queen Consort since Caroline of Brunswick (George IV's wife) not to be crowned.

In the whole history of English/British monarchy, only eight queens consort weren't crowned since the times of William the Conqueror: Margaret of France (Edward I's second wife), Jane Seymour (Henry VIII's third wife), Anne of Cleves (Henry VIII's fourth wife), Catherine Howard (Henry VIII's fifth wife), Catherine Parr (Henry VIII's sixth wife), Henrietta of France (Charles I's wife), Catherine of Braganza (Charles II's wife), Caroline of Brunswick (George IV's wife).

As for the Crown, ever since Queen Adelaide it has been customary to make new Crowns for each Queen Consort. However, if a new crown isn't made, then I agree than the crowns of The Queen Mother or Mary of Modena would be the most likely ones to be used for Camilla's coronation.

I'm sure that the Prince of Wales would prefer Camilla to be crowned with his grandmother's crown. However, I personally think that Queen Mary's crown is much more graceful than Queen Elizabeth's (The QM), which is a little "squat" for my taste. The jewels removed from Queen Mary's crown (Cullinans, Koh-i-Nur) could be returned some day - for the future Queen Catherine perhaps? Queen Elizabeth had to have a new crown made only because Queen Mary wore hers, without the arches, to the Coronation of George VI, in a huge break with tradition I might add. Queens Dowager normally didn't attend the coronations of their husband's successor(s).

I agree, Camilla will (and should) be crowned alongside Charles.

I am not fussed about the crown used, but I would hope that the Kohinoor diamond is not in the crown that Camilla uses. It is an emotive point for people from the subcontinent, and it would be useful to avoid any controversy in this regard.

Possibly all the ones she's used now as duchess of Cornwall like honeycomb tiara.

Possibly all the ones she's used now as duchess of Cornwall like honeycomb tiara.

Unless those tiaras, as the wife of the heir, are worn by Catherine who will move up to being the wife of the heir when Camilla becomes the Queen Consort.

:previous:
But wouldn't it ultimately be up to Charles (the new Monarch) who wears what?
Camilla, as the Queen Consort, will have precedence over all women in the Kingdom, Kate included, so it will be her choice, not Kate's.

:previous:
But wouldn't it ultimately be up to Charles (the new Monarch) who wears what?
Camilla, as the Queen Consort, will have precedence over all women in the Kingdom, Kate included, so it will be her choice, not Kate's.

Never said it would be Catherine's choice did i? :whistling:
And in the jewellery stakes I doubt Charles would have an ounce of say in the matter, whilst they might belong to him he isn't the one wearing them. Camilla will be The Queen Consort therefore should wear the jewels of a Queen. Catherine will be the wife of the heir and presumably The Princess of Wales therefore obviously should wear the jewels worn by previous heir apparent wives these include the honeycomb, the boucheron etc.

Never said it would be Catherine's choice did i? :whistling:
And in the jewellery stakes I doubt Charles would have an ounce of say in the matter, whilst they might belong to him he isn't the one wearing them. Camilla will be The Queen Consort therefore should wear the jewels of a Queen. Catherine will be the wife of the heir and presumably The Princess of Wales therefore obviously should wear the jewels worn by previous heir apparent wives these include the honeycomb, the boucheron etc.

I don't believe the British Royal Family doles out their jewels that way. I mean, you look at tiaras like the Cambridge Lover's Knot and it was worn by the Queen and then Diana. The Boucheron was worn by the Queen Mother and then Camilla. The scroll went from Princess Anne and Princess Margaret to Catherine. It doesn't look like order of precedence really affects how the jewels are assigned at all.

I imagine Charles will be fine with the ladies wearing whichever ones they choose to wear.

I think it might also depend upon when Prince Charles succeeds. Some of the tiaras worn by Camilla would, in my opinion, look too much on Catherine whereas I think they suit Camilla. This is partially because of Catherine's youth and also because of her more slender build.

I'm not sure its so much a matter of matching the tiara with the rank as matching it with the wearer. Maybe if Catherine is older when she becomes the Princess of Wales the larger and more ornate tiaras will suit her but at the moment I think the more delicate ones are better for her.

Back
Top Bottom